1262 users online (283 members and 979 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

2010.04.10 Polish President Among 132 Dead in Plan Crash

SMOLENSK, Russia - Polish President Lech Kaczynski was killed when a plane carrying 132 people crashed in thick fog on its approach to a Russian airport on Saturday, killing everyone on board, officials said.

The governor of the Smolensk region, where the crash took place about 11 a.m. (3 a.m. ET), said no one survived.

"The Polish presidential plane did not make it to the runway while landing. Tentative findings indicate that it hit the treetops and fell apart," Sergei Anufriev said on state news channel Rossiya-24. "Nobody has survived the disaster."

Kaczynski's wife Maria, Central bank governor Slawomir Skrzypek and the chief of Poland's military Franciszek Gagor were among those on board the Tupolev Tu-154 plane, which came down as it neared the airport in western Russia.

More at link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36352097...rope?GT1=39002

May God be with Poland and her people during this tragic time.
    Many of the others on the plane were family members of those Stalin killed.

I saw this today when I woke up! How horrible. Not only the president and his wife but many other government officials. God bless the people of Poland in this sad time.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

May the President, his family, and everyone who perished RIP and may the Lord be with Poland during this tragedy.

Here are comments from world leaders:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100410/...eaction_glance

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

The leaders were on their way to Russia to attend events "marking the 70th anniversary of the massacre in Katyn forest of thousands of Polish officers by Soviet secret police. (...) "This is unbelievable – this tragic, cursed Katyn," Kaczynski's predecessor, Aleksander Kwasniewski, said on TVN24 television. It is "a cursed place, horrible symbolism," he said. "It's hard to believe. You get chills down your spine."

Chilling, indeed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_532768.html

What a horrible national tragedy for Poland. I hope that they are able to make a smooth transition to maintain stability.

There was thick fog during landing.
    ""The cause of the plane crash was apparently an error by the crew during the approach to landing," Russian state news agency RIA Novosti quoted an unnamed official in the Russian region of Smolensk, the area where the plane went down."
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04...rashes-russia/

hmmm???IS THERE another thread on this topic?
    I know I posted on it this morning....
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Poland marks anniversary of president's death in Russian air crash
    Church bells have been rung across Poland to mark the first anniversary of the death of President Lech Kaczynski and 95 others in a plane crash in Russia.

Poles filled churches and cemeteries and a large crowd gathered in front of the presidential palace, where Kaczynski and his wife, Maria, lived until their deaths in the crash, which happened near Smolensk.

The crowd fell still at 8.41am. Sirens were sounded in central Warsaw, while church bells pealed elsewhere.
    ---
    more at Guardian link above

How very sad. What a terrible loss and tragedy.

May Poland live on and all RIP.

Goz

Poland Exhumes Ex-Presidentís Body in Inquiry of 2010 Plane Crash

The bodies of Polandís former president and his wife were exhumed Monday evening as part of an investigation into an April 2010 plane crash in Russia that killed the couple ó after years of speculation, backed by little evidence, that the crash was not an accident.

Over the next two months, prosecutors appointed by Polandís right-wing governing party plan to examine the remains of 83 of the 96 people who died in the crash, starting with the former president, Lech Kaczynski, and his wife, Maria.

[...]

The [Law and Justice] party has long insisted that investigations by Polandís former government and the Russian authorities failed to unearth the true cause of the crash. Reopening the investigation was one of the first acts of the new government after assuming power a year ago.

[...]

In the years after the crash, a team of experts led by Antoni Macierewicz, who is now the defense minister, claimed that the plane had been brought down by explosives brought on board.

Experts working with Mr. Macierewicz even suggested that Russia had pumped artificial fog over the runway. They tried to prove their theories, in one instance, by boiling sausages and noting that the split along the length of a cooked sausage matched a gash in the planeís fuselage, indicating that high heat was involved.

Read more at ... http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/wo...nski.html?_r=0
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Poland Exhumes Ex-President’s Body in Inquiry of 2010 Plane Crash

The bodies of Poland’s former president and his wife were exhumed Monday evening as part of an investigation into an April 2010 plane crash in Russia that killed the couple — after years of speculation, backed by little evidence, that the crash was not an accident.

Over the next two months, prosecutors appointed by Poland’s right-wing governing party plan to examine the remains of 83 of the 96 people who died in the crash, starting with the former president, Lech Kaczynski, and his wife, Maria.

[...]

The [Law and Justice] party has long insisted that investigations by Poland’s former government and the Russian authorities failed to unearth the true cause of the crash. Reopening the investigation was one of the first acts of the new government after assuming power a year ago.

[...]

In the years after the crash, a team of experts led by Antoni Macierewicz, who is now the defense minister, claimed that the plane had been brought down by explosives brought on board.

Experts working with Mr. Macierewicz even suggested that Russia had pumped artificial fog over the runway. They tried to prove their theories, in one instance, by boiling sausages and noting that the split along the length of a cooked sausage matched a gash in the plane’s fuselage, indicating that high heat was involved.

Read more at ... http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/wo...nski.html?_r=0
    Respectfully, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't an accident in today's world, but boiling a sausage, artificial fog? Lots of planes have crashed in fog.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Poland Exhumes Ex-Presidentís Body in Inquiry of 2010 Plane Crash

The bodies of Polandís former president and his wife were exhumed Monday evening as part of an investigation into an April 2010 plane crash in Russia that killed the couple
    Good God,

let them RIP,

investigation or not, i would never want my corpse dug up once i am 6 or 8 feet under

If someone had gotten away with murdering me, I don't think I'd have a problem with being exhumed to increase the odds of catching them. Not like I'm using my remains anymore. MOO

I'm not sure but they're gonna have a really hard time finding a sausage-fuselage expert.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill