1185 users online (236 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pit Bull Saves Woman and Child From Attack

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. -- The wandering 65-pound Pit Bull mix might have seemed menacing to some passerby, but one woman will always remember him as her "guardian angel."

The dog, which authorities think is lost and not a stray, successfully thwarted a robbery attack on a mother and her 2-year-old son, who were held at knifepoint Monday afternoon.

http://www.zootoo.com/petnews/strayd...ildheldatk-993

Hey WSers,

This is an oldish story, but I just saw it for the first time today. I apologize if there's a thread on it - I couldn't find one, but I've not yet had enough coffee to be completely sure of myself!

Anyway, as a person who has real concerns about pit bulls, I wanted to give proper publicity to a story where the action of one was helpful and not harmful.

I miss you all terribly - have been too busy with "real life" to hang here much!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Oh, that's just plain silly! If it had been a labrador who came to the woman's rescue, no one would be questioning if the dog had actually intervened to save the woman and child. IMO, the breed of the dog has much to do with the questions about whether or not the dog helped the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

So the police believe the woman, but the MARS people do not? Do they have details that the police do not? It sounds like a crazy conspiracy, especially with the dog having to be moved to Minnesota.

Don't you think that if the dog had actually belonged to her someone else would come forward to say so. That's silliness. Unexplainable things happen everyday.

As crazy as this story is, I believe MARS has the dog's best interest at heart. They will treat the heart worms and find it a good home. As much as the woman who claimed the dog saved her may want "Angel", it is probably better that the dog is put into foster care so its behavior can be monitored before finding a permanent home. No offense to the breed, but this woman does not need to have a pit bull with an unknown temperament in her home with her child. It's better this way!! (IMO)

I don't know if the womans story is true or not. A part of me questions a mother getting into a car with her 2 yo child if there is a unknown pitbull inside.
    Seriously, would any of you get behind a wheel, leaving your toddler in the back with a pitbull that just got into your car?
    Regardless of if it's true or not, it sounds like the dog is finally getting treated for his health problems and will be able to find a forever home and for that I am happy!

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

I can't comment on the pit bull aspect of this, that is a debate I refuse to get into. I just wanted to comment that we have a parsons russel who will growl and bare his teeth if he thinks any adult is playing too rough with ANY child. It could just be something like tickling until the child is laughing loud, our "Custard" feels he must save the from the tickle monster.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

So they say Angel is to docile nature that he would not have charged the alleged attacker. Maybe Angel is docile nature but also knows and senses when someone is a danger or maybe just knows knifes are a threat.What a great story thanks for sharing. Angel is truely an angel in my book.
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

Quote Originally Posted by cuppy199 View Post
    So they say Angel is to docile nature that he would not have charged the alleged attacker. Maybe Angel is docile nature but also knows and senses when someone is a danger or maybe just knows knifes are a threat.What a great story thanks for sharing. Angel is truely an angel in my book.
    I totally agree. My pit has a very docile nature, but I know he would lay down his life for me if I were in danger......in fact, I think he would protect anyone he thought was in danger.

Angel is a beautiful angel!

They are such gorgeous animals! I would love to have one but.........I'm afraid of them. Well, I'm afraid of German Shepherds and Rottweilers, too- LOL. But about 15 years ago we got a pup at a pet store that they said was a lab/border collie mix. She turned out to be a HUGE German Shepherd- LOL! She was a wonderful protector and I never felt afraid of her for our family but I surely couldn't trust her with outsiders. I miss Molly but I am still afraid of Shepherds in general. We have neighbors with a pitty. It is so beautiful and I am terribly afraid of it. One night it got in front of my car and wouldn't move. I had to sit in my car forever, too afraid to get for fear it would kill me.

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    What a nice story. Good dog! Good dog! And for posting it, Good Southcity Mom, Good Mom!

Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.

Quote Originally Posted by MissieMt View Post
    I can't comment on the pit bull aspect of this, that is a debate I refuse to get into. I just wanted to comment that we have a parsons russel who will growl and bare his teeth if he thinks any adult is playing too rough with ANY child. It could just be something like tickling until the child is laughing loud, our "Custard" feels he must save the from the tickle monster.
    Our Shar pei and 95 lb pit bull/Mastif mix are the exact same way.

I had a lab sheppard who looked a bit like a pit who would lick you the second she looked at you but if we wrestled around or even got into a loud discussion she would bark and bare her teeth especially if the male person was the "aggressor." We theorized that before she was rescued she may have lived in a home where there was abuse.

Maybe the pet rescue wants to make sure that people adopting him won't worry about further "aggressive" incidents.

I have a cat that will attack my dog when my dog gets too aggressive with guests. Doesn't matter if the cat knows the people or not.

I'm not sure why some are adamant that this dog didn't protect the woman and her child.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast