GUILTY Canada - Dr. Aubrey Levin, aka "Dr. Shock" arrested for molesting his male patients

Mercyneal

Reaction score
The notorious psychiatrist Dr. Aubrey Levin, who performed electroshock therapy on hundreds of gays and lesbians in the military in South Africa in an effort to change their sexual preference, has just been arrested in Calgary in Canada for sexually assaulting his male patients. At least 30 men have come forward to say Levin molested them. He was arrested after one patient secretly filmed the assault.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Mo...surface+case+against+Levin/2777683/story.html

According to the UK Guardian,UK:[http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/28/aubrey-levin-charged-sexually-abusing-patient

Dr Aubrey Levin, who in South Africa was known as Dr Shock for his use of electricity to "cure" gay military conscripts, was arrested after a patient secretly filmed the psychiatrist allegedly making sexual advances.

The question is- given his bizarro practices in South Africa, why did Canada permit him to emigrate?

jesus......

i dont even understand how that 'therapy' is ethical or legal in the first place, regardless of molestation.

I've read that they called Levin the "Josef Mengele of South Africa."

Mercyneal--Thank you so much for starting this thread. Abusers all use the exact same playbook. It is so tragic. This horrible man preyed on vulnerable men who came to him for help. Shame!!

We all need frequent reminders that abusers are in every helping profession (regardless of the letters after their names) and that at some point in our lives, we can all be vulnerable. No one is immune. I'm so pleased that these men were able to find their voice and bravely speak up. They undoubtedly will save many others from the same humiliation and cruelty.

Once again, I hope everyone notices that all it took was one man to say "enough". And then there was a cavalcade.

I believe the patient who videotaped Levin making sexual advances towards him in therapy did so because he wasn't getting anywhere with his complaints prior to that. Good for him to take matters into his own hands. Because of that videotape, Levin was arrested.

I wonder why LE didn't use the old phone call trick.

I don't think the police believed the victim until the victim produced the videotape. After all, many police fear doctors because of their money and power. And to some, doctors are still gods.

I still remember reading about how many state police and local LE used Dr. Earl Bradley as their pediatrician in Lewes, DE. I think you are right. LE still fears the power/money of physicians so they err on the side of listening to voice of authority.

Heck, a police officer had a weekly poker game with Dr. Scott and Dr. Mark Blankenburg, the identical twin pediatricians who were convicted on something like 79 counts of child molestation and *advertiser censored* and other stuff.

I was - for many years - one of Levin's victims, falsely convicted of a crime I did not commit and sent to see Levin by a corrupt court in Calgary. THIS is just one example of many where corruption is the norm in this 'country,' in the 'real' Canada...a disgusting nation that has no human rights, no respect for fathers and unlawfully incarcerates anyone who publishes the truth of having to endure life in this stinking, disgusting country. If you have a Maple Leaf flag, burn it!

Thanks for posting, Levin Victim. Hope you and the other victims sue Levin for all he's worth. And I hope he goes to prison for the rest of his life.

Levin Victim--Welcome and please know that my heart goes out to you. WS's owner, Tricia, asks that victims and other involved parties in crimes contact her. She wonderfully welcoming and usually gets right back to people. I would suggest you send her a short email so she knows you're posting.

Once again, welcome, you've come to a very supportive forum for victims and survivors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back