2010.04.11 - "The News In Review" / Blogger News

Dee10

Reaction score
This is a weekly online radio show usually on Haleigh Cummings & Caylee Anthony expanded to include other missing & abused children.

Today's show featured Jaemi Levine - who started "Mothers Against Predators" she had a number of comments on the Somer Thompson case.

She spent 1 1/2 weeks there in October. She said, "There is a lot NOT known about the case and how gruesome it was, but knowing the fact behind it makes wonder how cadaver dogs missed where that man was. The information I have could compromise the case Simon. Let's just say there was tremendous amount of blood evidence, an over-whelming amount and and the house they put on the news (with the contractors) was never the crime scene. They misled the public; they misled AMW..."

..."there were multiple reports from multiple people of reports of a guy around the neighborhood, running around who looked strange, a man who was at the vigil. ....and one of the RSO's was actually related to the family. None of that news was put out correctly and that would be the case from another elected Sheriff."

The whole show was very interesting! If you want to listen to it http://www.blogtalkradio.com/simon-barrett/2010/04/11/caylee-anthony-haleigh-cummings NOTE - Above Simon's picture is a blue box click the bottom of the box where it say "open in your default player" this allows you to rewind & fast forward. This lady talks very fast & I tried to transcribe accurately.

Dee, thanks for the info. I didn't want to listen to the whole show. I couldn't figure out how to do the blog and just get a bit of it.

So I am going by what you transcribed. Why would LE spend all of that money to examine the house that was being remodeled on Gano?

Plus, the contractor certainly suffered because that house was picked out. In addition, it would seem that the owner would suffer financially because who would want to rent that house?

Very bizarre.

I know, the show is 1 1/2, it is about 45 mins. in, I forgot to mention that.

Very sad, what this poor little child had to endure.

It seems the more we find out, the more questions there are. I hope the documents start being released soon. Soooo many questions, such a strange case.

I listened to the parts you referenced. Your transcription was pretty close, and I find the point that there was an overwhelming amount of blood evidence (with the body) very interesting.

Could JH have killed Somer somewhere other than the house at 1152?

Were all the dogs used having a bad day, and none of them found Somer's scent?

I listened to the parts you referenced. Your transcription was pretty close, and I find the point that there was an overwhelming amount of blood evidence (with the body) very interesting.

BBM That is what I am wondering too. If she was killed at 1152, why didn't they spend more time there? Wasn't it just an afternoon? Whereas the vacant house was somewhere around a day & a half or 2 days IIRC. Could have it been at the train tracks, although I don't recall how long LE was in that area? Not sure that blood had to be with the body, but that seems the most likely to me. I take it the blood was found, hence the term she used a tremendous amount of blood evidence. The coroner's report would also tell blood loss & would be evidence, but I take it as the blood was found.

Were they using cadaver dogs - only they can smell the scent of 'death' which is the same for all of us. moo

IMO
They should have been.

A child disappears in broad daylight ... and the scent dogs lose her scent at DeBarry and Gano ... but maybe that is from last week.

So what could have happened? Wouldn't you cover all bases? Certainly after they found her body they would have gone through with cadaver dogs, wouldn't they have?

I seem to recall that they did use cadaver dogs.

The Sheriff talked about one of the media sites having a photo of a (search or cadaver) dog in Harrell's yard.

Several of us have looked for it and wondered whether it was not in the online version of the story.

I wondered whether it was during the initial search for Somer.

Maybe a local would know.

The Sheriff talked about one of the media sites having a photo of a (search or cadaver) dog in Harrell's yard.

Several of us have looked for it and wondered whether it was not in the online version of the story.

I wondered whether it was during the initial search for Somer.

Maybe a local would know.

I thought he meant it was during the initial search for Somer.

There is a photo gallery that shows several pictures of the dogs searching. Not sure if any of them are the photo the Sheriff referred to.
http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=869774&CategoryID=39991&ListSubAlbums=0

ETA: I listened to the press conference announcing JH's arrest again. Around the 12:10 mark, the Sheriff responds to a reporter's question that they don't believe Somer was in the home long. He talks about how they set up a perimeter and began searching quickly. Sheriff says, "Did we go to that home?.....Yes, we did"....and goes on to say he believes there is a picture in the Times Union of a canine in the backyard of the home.

Poor sweet little angel. At first I thought Jh had sexualy assualted her, then asphixiated her. But hearing this and the arrest report it seems he took out his rage on her, he didn't want to take her life just to keep her from telling, he wanted to brutalize her poor little body after the sick things he did, make me wonder if he fantasized not only about moesting a child but taking their life too. The only thing I look forward to is hearing the words.. You have been found gullty Mr. Harrell by a jury of your peers and you have been sentanced to death. then he can rot away in a cell until its time for him to rot in hell.

fly with the angels sweet sunshine, the monster who did this is going to be dealt with down here on earth, you have no more worries little Somer.

It is so heartbreaking to think of what poor Somer went through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back