2009.02.27 - Is there evidence of sloppy police work?

Maryann123

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501784,00.html

Detectives in Florida looking for a missing 5-year-old girl sorted through tons of trash in a dumpster near the family home after cadaver dogs picked up a scent, but turned up no new evidence.

Investigators from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office spent several hours Thursday evening going through the garbage piece by piece in their search for Haleigh Cummings, Capt. Dick Schauland said in a news release.

The dumpster search was prompted by three cadaver dogs that apparently picked up a scent at the receptacle, according to Schauland.

Haleigh vanished from her bedroom about three weeks ago.

I can't believe this took 3 weeks to uncover. I'm appalled that this dumpster sat there this long without anyone checking it out. I've never seen another case where dumpsters weren't checked first thing!

Also, a Putnam County sheriff's deputy on Wednesday removed the back door of the Cummings home -- the same door that was found propped open the night the girl disappeared. Officials would not comment on why the door was taken, WJXT-TV reported

.http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18915206/detail.html

This was a full month after Haleigh's disappearance

Almost every report from Shauland and Greenwood is contrary to what we know, or so it appears. They also have not retracted the information. For my own sanity, I am going to say I hope and pray that the information reported, and if it was misinformation, was done to help find Haleigh.

It appears they did not want the Public's assistance, that is clear....with the exception being if anyone had seen misty that night.

What freaked me out was when it was reported that LE told the 2 families to not communicate. Now, excuse me, but how was that expected to help?

If one cadaver dog hit on the dumpster, it could be a fluke. But if 3 dogs hit on it........there must have been a dead body in there! Too bad they didn't search it on the early morning hours of the 10th!

reading one of those articles, I see where Misty said the door was unlocked. But later, I remember Ron insisting that it was. Wouldn't Misty be the one to know? & why in the world would Ron insist on refuting that? which story did LE go with?

I guess we can forget about break and work schedules! That could have been done in a couple of minutes. How far away was the dumpster?

IMHO.. Yes...Either that or there is BIG hink going on with LE in Putnam County...

And speaking of that door,,, If I'm not mistaken the door they took a month later was even reported missing at some point..
LE also stated sometime back in June (at their ONE and ONLY round table meeting that I am aware of) that a room full of evidence was yet to be processed.. And the list goes on...All just my opinion..

I'm just terribly let down over finding this dumpster search took place so long after the fact. I had no idea!

After Ron and Misty were arrested for drug trafficing..FDLE Officer Joliecoeur taped a video message of Ron and took it to Misty..This bothers me more each day. They put them in seperate jails and yet tape a message..I am so confused by this.

You know, all this time I've focused on the dumpster they searched. But now, for whatever reason, I'm taking this statement:
The dumpster search was prompted by three cadaver dogs that apparently picked up a scent at the receptacle, according to Schauland.

As though to say "the search of THIS dumpster was prompted by three cadaver dogs that apparently picked up a scent at the receptacle AT THE MOTOR HOME...."

We know that LE held the house for quite awhile, and during that time, they brought dogs to the MH. What's to say that Haleigh wasn't put first into the dumpster at the house and LE thought perhaps they'd best also check the dumpster to see if she'd ever been there?

In any case, I'd say that LE shows a remarkable tenacity to hold this case very close to their vest.

If one cadaver dog hit on the dumpster, it could be a fluke. But if 3 dogs hit on it........there must have been a dead body in there! Too bad they didn't search it on the early morning hours of the 10th!

I suspect the body was removed from the dumpster by the time the 911 call was made... I do believe it was placed there in the early evening though and was there for more than six hours... And IMHO there is also a BIG possibility either Tommy, Timmy or Jo (maybe all three) may have helped put Haleigh there or at least had knowledge she had been put there until Ron and the Cummings could make other plans.. That could very well be their involvement....JMO

You know, all this time I've focused on the dumpster they searched. But now, for whatever reason, I'm taking this statement:

As though to say "the search of THIS dumpster was prompted by three cadaver dogs that apparently picked up a scent at the receptacle AT THE MOTOR HOME...."

We know that LE held the house for quite awhile, and during that time, they brought dogs to the MH. What's to say that Haleigh wasn't put first into the dumpster at the house and LE thought perhaps they'd best also check the dumpster to see if she'd ever been there?

In any case, I'd say that LE shows a remarkable tenacity to hold this case very close to their vest.

ITA..Just wish I knew the reason WHY.. JMO

I suspect the body was removed from the dumpster by the time the 911 call was made... I do believe it was placed there in the early evening though and was there for more than six hours... And IMHO there is also a BIG possibility either Tommy, Timmy or Jo (maybe all three) may have helped put Haleigh there or at least had knowledge she had been put there until Ron and the Cummings could make other plans.. That could very well be their involvement....JMO

If Tommy fails the LDT I'm on-board with you.

I haven't kept up with this case like I'd like to, so if I missed something please let me know.

What have we learned from LE since beginning? What have they done besides searches? It appears that when a search was done, it was done when the "players" were preoccupied with other things going on.

What exactly have we learned as fact from LE?

I haven't kept up with this case like I'd like to, so if I missed something please let me know.

What have we learned from LE since beginning? What have they done besides searches? It appears that when a search was done, it was done when the "players" were preoccupied with other things going on.

What exactly have we learned as fact from LE?

What we have learned from LE is that they cannot, will not, or are afraid to get the job done. I have never seen anything so messed up (except for the JBR case).

For this case not to have been solved a long time ago makes be believe that a lot of the higher ups down there have something to hide. What a slap in the face for little Haleigh and to all society in general.

I believe I read a report awhile back that the cadaver dogs were not specifically trained for scenting dead bodies, they were cross-trained dogs, which means, they would also hit on blood or body fluids. We had a dog trainer here a couple months ago that gave us a lot of helpful information about various search dogs and how they are trained.

One of the mistakes made that first night was the way the blankets/bedding were spread out on the ramp for the search dogs to scent. IMO, it would have been more helpful for them to use a piece of Haleigh's clothing, a shoe or even a hairbrush.

LE should have given Joe and Chelsea polygraphs. Apparently Timmy took one and failed and because they were all staying at the same house Monday evening, all three should take LDT's. Is the reason why they haven't taken a LDT is because they haven't been charged with a crime? I think there are reasonable grounds to give Joe and Chelsea a polygraph test. LE cleared Joe without giving him a polygraph and based on what I have heard from Hank Sr and Misty, LE haven't done an adequate job of investigating Joe or D Snodgrass for that matter.

Did Tommy say that Timmy failed a LD in this case - or just failed one at some time? Since Timmy was in trouble at some other time, is it possible that is what Tommy meant?

Perhaps there are those that question what police tactics were up to this point but when they reveal what happened to Haleigh all will be perfectly clear. We are just now learning about a LDT that Timmy took and learning that Tommy took a VSA early on. I think police knew what they were doing. I think there will be so much information released from behind the scenes that our heads will spin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back