759 users online (135 members and 624 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - James Edward Herring, 39, Erie, Oct 1988

Above: James Edward Herring, date unknown

Missing Since: October 1988 from Erie, Pennsylvania
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: February 13, 1949
    Height: 5'10
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Herring wears eyeglasses. He wore partial dentures at the time of his 1988 disappearance. Herring has scars around the toes of his right foot.
    Medical Conditions: Herring was hospitalized as the result of mental illness prior to his disappearance.

Herring was last seen in Erie, Pennsylvania sometime during October 1988. He has never been heard from again. Herring may be employed in the construction industry. Few details are available in his case.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Erie Police Department
    814-870-1113

Source Information
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-11-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: adjust thread title

His nose looks nothing like BKs.... Hmmm, unless BK had plastic surgery on his nose. Hair is parted on the wrong side though..... I think BK has worn the combover with the part on his right for sometime. Plus the above, the guy had dentures. IF BK had dentures I don't think that is an identifying mark they would have lied about or kept secret. Too easy to confirm if one wears dentures or not.

JMO
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    His nose looks nothing like BKs.... Hmmm, unless BK had plastic surgery on his nose. Hair is parted on the wrong side though..... I think BK has worn the combover with the part on his right for sometime. Plus the above, the guy had dentures. IF BK had dentures I don't think that is an identifying mark they would have lied about or kept secret. Too easy to confirm if one wears dentures or not.

JMO
    Partial dentures replace two or more teeth......Benjaman Kyle was missing three top teeth, correct? Hmmmmm.......?????
    Last edited by Voice4theSilent; 04-11-2010 at 08:54 PM.
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley

James Edward Herring

I found a color photo of James Edward Herring from two different web sites.

Link: http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/males1980to1989.html

Link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/222dmpa.html

Just a thought here. Can a color photo of BK and James Edward Herring be compared against each other through a computer facial recognition program?

I think that if their photos were put together side by side, they probably would look similar even though the pictures were taken years apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaha View Post

Above: James Edward Herring, date unknown

Missing Since: October 1988 from Erie, Pennsylvania
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: February 13, 1949
    Height: 5'10
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Herring wears eyeglasses. He wore partial dentures at the time of his 1988 disappearance. Herring has scars around the toes of his right foot.
    Medical Conditions: Herring was hospitalized as the result of mental illness prior to his disappearance.

Herring was last seen in Erie, Pennsylvania sometime during October 1988. He has never been heard from again. Herring may be employed in the construction industry. Few details are available in his case.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Erie Police Department
    814-870-1113

Source Information
    Anything is possible at this point. I wouldn't put too much stock in inconsistencies in the picture as it isn't the best quality. I think the mental illness, glasses and missing teeth would steer me towards Benjaman Kyle. If he was working on construction and injured himself after his disappearance, that would explain the lack of other scars at the time of his disappearance. Benjaman Kyle wanted us to believe his scars were from an injury he had when he was younger.....which makes me think the opposite may be true. IMHO.
    Last edited by Voice4theSilent; 04-11-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Change "BK" to "Benjaman Kyle"

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley

James Herring has too much hair at the age of 39 to be BK. I doubt BK started losing his hair that much later in life. He likely started balding in his 20's.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

This was the BK pic where I thought their nose looks similar.. also it interested me that BK's glasses (assuming HE picked them out) look very a similar style to Herrings...if you look at the side profile pics of BK.

Herring has been missing since he was 39 .. If BK is him.. then that would give Herring 22years to get scarring, operations...

Most interesting to me is that Herring has a mental illness.

The date of the picture is unknown.

James Herring has too much hair at the age of 39 to be BK. I doubt BK started losing his hair that much later in life. He likely started balding in his 20's.

Even if the date of the pic of James is unknown, it would have to be a pic of a man in his teens to not start showing evidence of balding. The pic of James does not look to be one in his teens, maybe mid to late 20's but balding would be evident by then.

I see no signs whatsoever of balding in James picture and I don't think BK shaves his head to fake balding.

JMO
    ~JMO~

LOL.. I thought Herring looks to be about 12-15 in that pic ... I really find it funny the way we all see something different...

Even if the date of the pic of James is unknown, it would have to be a pic of a man in his teens to not start showing evidence of balding. The pic of James does not look to be one in his teens, maybe mid to late 20's but balding would be evident by then.

I see no signs whatsoever of balding in James picture and I don't think BK shaves his head to fake balding.

JMO

To me that pic looks like Herring's high school picture or something - certainly not 1988. It's hard to tell - people looked middle aged at 17 back then.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    To me that pic looks like Herring's high school picture or something - certainly not 1988. It's hard to tell - people looked middle aged at 17 back then.
    I agree. He doesn't look 39 in that picture. In my opinion, he could have had a full head of hair anywhere up to when he went missing and still ended up balding like Benjaman Kyle in that time frame.
    Last edited by Voice4theSilent; 04-11-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Change "BK" to "Benjaman Kyle"

Exactly WhyaDuck. If anyone would like, they are more than welcome to start a thread on missing person James Herring in the missing but not forgotten discussion forum under the missing from the 80's forum. James missing persons case can be discussed there.
    ~JMO~

James - date of picture unknown
    BK - regression age 30

Thanks to whichever cloaked mod is busy working away at moving this stuff!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast