CANADA Canada - Barbara Wood, 6 mos, London, Ont, 8 May 1942

Canadian4

Taking it one day at a time
Reaction score
When babies this young go missing, I can only hope that someone wanting to raise a child takes them, and not some pervert wanting to kill...

The odds are very good that little Barbara grew up somewhere under a different name, with no clue that she came from someplace else. As difficult as it must've been for her parents, at least this thought might be a small comfort. IMO it's better to have your missing child have a life somewhere away from you, but still living, as opposed to being molested or murdered...

I have spent so many hours searching for a follow up to what happened in this case. I have about 10 newspaper articles but they all stop a few weeks after.
The 70th anniversary of her abduction is coming up in May. I wonder if a newspaper would do a follow up story as to if she was ever found.

Thanks, Robin Hood. That is really interesting, I wonder if these women were ever found. Will have search some more.

Bumping for Barbara, as we approach the 79th anniversary of her disappearance...

She might still have siblings or other family members who still would like some closure.

Bumping for Barbara, as we approach the 79th anniversary of her disappearance...

She might still have siblings or other family members who still would like some closure.

yes I'm sure it's an enduring mystery for her relatives
those poor parents

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23