Website
www.facebook.com
stancil_aleacia.jpg
stancil_aleacia_ap.jpg

Aleacia Di'onne Stancil

Endangered Missing -- Missing Since: December 19, 1994

Missing From: Phoenix, Arizona

Height: 18" -- Weight: 29 lbs -- Hair Color: Black -- Eye Color: Brown

Aleacia's photo is shown age-progressed to 15 years. She was last seen on December 19, 1994.

Aleacia's mother reported her missing three months after she was last seen. She claimed she left Aleacia in the care of an African American female known only as Dee.

NCMEC

Charley Project

No baby deserves this - drives me nuts when I read this stuff. Babies are such a blessing, I just don't get it.

😢 Is there anyway that Aleacia could have ended up in foster care or like an orphanage or something? I'm not really sure how that stuff works, by could she be alive and just have fallen through the cracks of our broken system?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Just found this on Charley's Project site

I got an NCMEC message in my email saying Aleacia Di’onne Stancil has been found alive. This comes as a most unexpected surprise. Frankly, I had not expected her to be found at all, never mind found alive. The police were outright admitting they had no idea where to look for her.

https://charleyross.wordpress.com/2017/07/28/wasnt-expecting-this/#comments

This is really surprising but great!

PS: just checked, link to NCMC in ep is now down

Saw this too on the FB link. Wonder where she has been. Wonder if someone thought they was doing a good deed by taking her away from her mom?

Aleacia Stancil missing from Phoenix, AZ, has been recovered. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster. Your participation in this program has made a valuable contribution to this recovery.

Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.

Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

Wow. Curious as to the story behind where she was and how she came to be there.

Maybe Mom really just handed her over to someone. We see cases where parents are arrested trying to sell their babies in parking lots, maybe this one did it?

What does that mean? Recovered? Why am I not able to find any news reports or anything online. What are the specifics of the recovery? Is she alive or dead? Have any arrests been made in her case?

Found ALIVE!! Amazing news!! Good to see this kinda of news in here.

For days i was again thinking about this case, but could not remember her name so very lucky that i still had it in my watched threads...

I understand the baby now woman has been found (hope this is correct) and i do respect some privacy, so i am not asking about a name or her life today, but i would be sooo interested to learn how it was resolved!

Has it been by some chance that somebody knew something, was it a case of DNA in one of the databases, any other way? I would like to learn how those miracles happen!

Posting article for those unable to open and read link (mainly those from Europe)
===
A Phoenix girl missing since 1994 has been found.

Aleacia Stancil disappeared without a trace nearly 24 years ago, leaving police with few clues. That is, until her age progression photo was recognized clear across the country.

Recently obtained police documents are shedding light on this case.

Her mother, Toni Stancil, had a hard life. After leaving the Air Force, she struggled with drug use and turned to prostitution.

One night in December of 1994, Toni gave her 9-month-old daughter Aleacia to a friend, saying she needed a few days to "clear her head."

The child was passed from person to person until she ended up with police, her identity unknown.

When Toni came back two days later, the baby was gone.

She went to jail soon after and didn't report Aleacia missing until March of 1995.

By then the little girl was under the care of Child Protective Services, but the information was never connected.

Toni was found murdered that same year.

"Without that one and only witness, I'm very limited in how to proceed with the investigation," said Det. William Andersen with the Phoenix Police Missing Persons Unit in a 2013 interview.

Fast forward to 2014. A young woman in Connecticut showed up at a hospital. She had no ID and did not know much about herself.

The nurse found it suspicious and looked online for missing people. She came across an age progression photo of Aleacia and called police.

Police took her DNA for testing. Three years later, the tests came back a match.

Aleacia had been adopted, and now goes by a different name.

Her grandmother, Frances Ford, who now lives in Georgia, says Aleacia wishes to stay out of the spotlight.

She says the two were able to meet in person. From that meeting, she deduced Alecia's life has been complicated and confusing. Ford wishes to one day have a relationship with her.

"I would want the world to know that these are the things that can happen to kids, and not every story is not a happily-ever-after, and it doesn't mean that they came from someone who didn't want them or didn't care," said Ford.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back