Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

REMINDERS:

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Some specifics about being “a decent human being”:

Being rude to our new posters or any poster for that matter, is against our TOS. If they ask a question you think has already been discussed, just pass on by it. Do not tell them to get up to speed before posting. That is rude and against our TOS.

Do not drag any innocent persons into this discussion, and certainly do not post personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc) of innocent parties.

Please remember to post links to backup information in your posts.

Please remember that any pictures posted as attachments must give full credit to the original owner of the picture. Linking to the hosting site of the pictures is fine.

Links to social networking sites are allowed, but WS does not allow direct quotes or cut and pastes from them.

Please do not link to minors' pages.

If anyone has a problem with a post, please alert us to it using the alert button in the top right corner of each post. You will see a triangle with an exclamation mark in it there. Do not respond to a problematic post. That only compounds the problem and creates more work for the mods. Hit the alert button instead.

You are all experienced enough posters by now to abide by these rules. Please don't make us give timeouts.

The complete TOS can be found here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please read and follow them.

Thank you.

Previous Threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9

Hope they get confirmation soon on the shoe and bones.

Hope they get confirmation soon on the shoe and bones.

So you have a link to the shoe info Ruby? I don't recall seeing anything on that. TIA

Laytonian do you know which article mentioned the docker shoe ?

When I mentioned that teams of people should go to Anthem with pictures of Steven, I wasn't suggesting just randomly roaming around. It would have to be through a searching organization, if there are such things. OR, maybe police cadets (ouch! that might scare the oldies, of which I am one.) Not that I would be scared or intimidated in the least.

What do they mean by "it's an on-going investigation?" Is LE investigating? They sure haven't made much progress or even interviewed the Anthem folks.

Who is Naegle and why is he bossing everyone around?

Laytonian do you know which article mentioned the docker shoe ?

Pants.

The specific mention of Dockers (pants) being found that "are Steven's size" was in a 10pm news report, Saturday night. They specifically quoted Rolf.

The brand name hasn't been mentioned since, although the St George Spectrum quotes Rolf saying " a pair of khaki pants that appear similar to the attire Koecher was wearing when he was last seen in Henderson on surveillance camera footage, Rolph said, although he is unsure if the clothing actually belongs to his son."

So khaki pants were found, perhaps Dockers (but sometimes the brand is used generically).

When I mentioned that teams of people should go to Anthem with pictures of Steven, I wasn't suggesting just randomly roaming around. It would have to be through a searching organization, if there are such things. OR, maybe police cadets (ouch! that might scare the oldies, of which I am one.) Not that I would be scared or intimidated in the least.

What do they mean by "it's an on-going investigation?" Is LE investigating? They sure haven't made much progress or even interviewed the Anthem folks.

N is Steven's cousin, and I think she has a legitimate reason to post the reminder. The family and the PI are working hard right now on the investigation, and if there's evidence, it can't be disturbed.

ALSO: The search map was published in at least one newspaper BEFORE the search even began. Remember, I warned that it could cause "".

The second was a hand-slap, though, and enough to make one want to leave WS. We're not children.

Yes, police are investigating the case. This is an active, open missing persons case. They absolutely have interviewed the Anthem folks. And Naegle is Steven's cousin and the owner of the Facebook group. She was asked by the PI to tell people to stay out of the neighborhood and search site.

Paulette, Naegle is Steven's cousin. She has set up the Facebook page for Steven.

Pants.

The specific mention of Dockers (pants) being found that "are Steven's size" was in a 10pm news report, Saturday night. They specifically quoted Rolf.

The brand name hasn't been mentioned since, although the St George Spectrum quotes Rolf saying " a pair of khaki pants that appear similar to the attire Koecher was wearing when he was last seen in Henderson on surveillance camera footage, Rolph said, although he is unsure if the clothing actually belongs to his son."

So khaki pants were found, perhaps Dockers (but sometimes the brand is used generically).

Thanks Laytonian. It is pants, then. LOL I am losing my mind.

Pants.

So someone heard "pair of dockers" and thought of boating shoes instead of a pair of pants. Easy mistake.

I'm not anywhere near Vegas so no one has to worry about me showing up anywhere near the search site. However, unless LE puts up yellow tape, there is nothing preventing John or Jane Q Public from going there given the publicity the search generated.

It would have been far preferable had LE taken the lead on this. Since they did not, good luck trying to keep well meaning citizens and other curiosity seekers from either SCA or the search area.

No one should leave. I agree we need to follow our own common sense and what our hearts and minds are telling us to do. Websleuthers are nothing if they're not persistent, detailed oriented, passionate and committed about what they do. I also think we're stronger as a group than just one person. Don't take this sort of thing personally (though I know it's easy to feel annoyed about it). Every one here has the same desire -- to help, to find out the truth, and ultimately, to solve a case. That's what drives us, and we can't allow anything to take that passion away. We've just got to understand at all times that the family is under great stress, duress, anguish and fear. Trust me I've been "yelled at" many times (not in this case of course) by tormented family members and I just apologize (even if I didn't feel I was wrong) and I keep going. I've got to follow my calling and so do you -- we all do.

Ralph Gallucci, who lives just a few doors from where Koecher's car was found in the Sun City Anthem subdivision, said the disappearance has touched him.
"Maybe it was because it was so close to home," he said. "I'm happy to do whatever I can to help. It's a mystery."

http://www.sltrib.com/Justice/ci_14859223

Here is one resident of SCA that is showing interest and concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer