1081 users online (231 members and 850 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Plaid hat girl with dark hair and wild eye makeup

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00295.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...rg_audrey.html

Strengths include the timeline. Audrey is missing from NYC since July 5 1977. Alcala was vacationing in Washington, Chicago and New York July 2-August 15. He is thought to have murdered Ellen Hover in New York on July 13. The wild eye makeup might have been just a teen thing or something that Alcala made her do (though he does not have anything similar in the other photos that have been published) but Audrey has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I've seen a couple of psychotic people make very weird fashion statements.

Weaknesses: Audrey is described as freckled. There are some pigment spots on the plaid hat girl's face and she has a brown mole on her cheek that I don't see on Audrey. Her hair is described as curly and plaid hat girl looks more straight haired to me.
    Last edited by Donjeta; 04-12-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: blew the margins

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...rg_audrey.html

Strengths include the timeline. Audrey is missing from NYC since July 5 1977. Alcala was vacationing in Washington, Chicago and New York July 2-August 15. He is thought to have murdered Ellen Hover in New York on July 13. The wild eye makeup might have been just a teen thing or something that Alcala made her do (though he does not have anything similar in the other photos that have been published) but Audrey has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I've seen a couple of psychotic people make very weird fashion statements.

Weaknesses: Audrey is described as freckled. There are some pigment spots on the plaid hat girl's face and she has a brown mole on her cheek that I don't see on Audrey. Her hair is described as curly and plaid hat girl looks more straight haired to me.
    I think the nose is different...

i agree! IMO, the noses are different.

How about her?

She's been compared to other unidentified women in Alcala's collection. IMO, there isn't an extremely strong comparison but she does resemble the unidentified. They both appear to be wearing similar eye shadow color. The only real difference I see is the noses. What do ya'll think?

I wish there was a photograph of the plaid hat girl's face from a different angle.

IMO it doesn't even look like the same nose in the two different photos of Audrey although it obviously has to be.

I agree - the nose is to different, Audrey has a clearly bulbous nose. Like you stated, straight hair and freckles are also inconsistent. Audreys hair looks dark in her pictures but is described as light brown.

as a general question - how common/uncommon would it be for a girl to straighten/curl her hair or dye it in the 70's?

Quote Originally Posted by Indianagirl View Post
    How about her?

She's been compared to other unidentified women in Alcala's collection. IMO, there isn't an extremely strong comparison but she does resemble the unidentified. They both appear to be wearing similar eye shadow color. The only real difference I see is the noses. What do ya'll think?
    Overall she looks like a good match but the nose doesn't look the same to me either. Is that a dimple on her chin? Plaid hat girl doesn't have one in these photos but it might be that different expressions bring it out differently.

The eye makeup is very distracting to me. I wish some photoshop wizard could take that off her or put a similar makeup on the comparison cases.

http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocre...kz3e8i0170.jpg
    http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocre...kz3dae0025.jpg
    (more girls with crazy (though not AS crazy) eye makeup)

i can photoshop - but dont know how to load photos to this site- lol

do we have a original link for the girl we want touched up? maybe a slightly larger pic? and who are we fixing the eye-makeup on?
    Last edited by Cupcakeslayer; 04-12-2010 at 06:02 PM.

It would be great if you'd care to!

This is the enlargeable version of the plaid hat girl

You could load your photos in Photobucket and post the picture link here or upload them in an album on your member profile but I think you might need to have a certain number of posts to do that.

Here's a close-up view of her face.

I don't see any hint of a dimple on her chin.
    I also think she looks to be of Pacific Islander heritage but that is total speculation on my part.
    It is the nature of the truth to struggle to the light.

I tried to remove as much of her eye make-up as possible.
    I know it's not a great job but hope it might be of some help!

ok hopefully that loads right. The one eye that the hairs covering i left one line of makeup on- eyes were a little harder than i expected, i was afriad that in the makeup removal process i would distort he eye-socket shape.

maybe someone could do a more prof. touch-up but this is what i got. on the right side (our right not hers) there's either a beauty mark or blemish....

Sorry jessunlil - i didnt refresh in time to see you aready put a shopped picture up! ill leave mine up to just in case it makes a diffrence to anyone
    Last edited by Cupcakeslayer; 04-12-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakeslayer View Post
    Sorry jessunlil - i didnt refresh in time to see you aready put a shopped picture up! ill leave mine up to just in case it makes a diffrence to anyone
    No worries Cupcakeslayer!
    I think yours looks better! :-)

Bad pose but a bit more background:

Last edited by Donjeta; 04-21-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Bad pose but a bit more background:

Just mentioning, she looks like she's drugged in the top photo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast