981 users online (150 members and 831 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    These are the ones I couldn't find threads for to mark Found Alive. They may not have threads, but if anyone comes across one, please poke me and I'll mark it.

Thanks!
    BeanE

Here's the updated list of those left to find and mark (if they have threads):

The Curly Black Hair Girl with Purple Shirt/Coat
    http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00861.jpg

The Long Blonde Hair Young Girl with Colorful Beaded Necklaces http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/02061.jpg

The Long Hair Brunette Laying on Floor with Eyes Open http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress...0/03/00482.jpg
    Last edited by BeanE; 04-13-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakeslayer View Post
    you said "People Magazine April 19th" does that mean its not on newstands yet? I want to get it, See if it has any more on What the girls remember about Alcala, maybe some of his "moves" (even if they speak up anonymously)

Maybe one of the 20 is the girl with "The little girl with Blonde Hair, Blue Shirt, and Overalls"

I feel like the thoughts of the LE is we have enough to get him, why not put our manpower into current crimes - i wish thee was one organized website instead of flipping through 3+ websites to find them all, and of course would love to know whos identified
    If anyone here has the time and the webspace, I think it would go a long way towards helping efforts by saving (or taking screenshots of the unsaveable) all the pictures at the different websites, weeding out duplicates, and putting them all up at a single webpage grouped according to 'Found Alive', and these girls look similar, etc. etc.

I'm still not even sure what all the websites are besides Nancy Grace and the OC Register...

I heard on the local (Los Angeles) radio news that the actual number of persons who have come forward is 21 (not 20), and that none of the photos have been connected to any unsolved murders or missing persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukiyama View Post
    If anyone here has the time and the webspace, I think it would go a long way towards helping efforts by saving (or taking screenshots of the unsaveable) all the pictures at the different websites, weeding out duplicates, and putting them all up at a single webpage grouped according to 'Found Alive', and these girls look similar, etc. etc.

I'm still not even sure what all the websites are besides Nancy Grace and the OC Register...

seatle times =] , then theres some county sheriffs offices sites. See the sticky thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98550

Id work up my own website - i have the time and organizing ideas, but am unsure of copyright laws pertaining to this and obtaining webspace
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 02:46 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakeslayer View Post
    seatle times =] , then theres some county sheriffs offices sites. See the sticky thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98550

Id work up my own website - i have the time and organizing ideas, but am unsure of copyright laws pertaining to this and obtaining webspace
    The photos themselves I would assume are public domain since they were released by government/LE. The sites hosting them (Nancy Grace, OC Register, etc.) wouldn't have any claim to them. I will see about putting together all of them here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
    I would like to know who the others are who have come forward...not names, just which photos. The ones I have seen that have come forward openly look very different after all of these years. With the exception of family and friends, I bet many of them would not be recognised. IOW, no reason for them not to just take the pics down or put a beautiful "IDENTIFIED" banner across the pics.
    This is going to sound mighty cold and cynical, but just because someone has come forward to say "That's me!" doesn't mean they are telling the truth. A story of a close encounter with a serial killer and then finding yourself in his photos decades later is a powerfully interesting anecdote to tell people. These events happened a long time ago and people tempted to tell lies might feel they are unlikely to be caught out, and if they are caught out there are unlikely to be consequences as they can argue that yes they did get photographed, they were just mistaken about that particular image of someone who looks like them but isn't them, and Alcala must have thrown their picture away.

So I can understand the police not being in a hurry to take down pictures.

You have a point there. Or even a sympathizer of Alcala claiming to be in one of the pictures just to eliminate it.

there's a good chance that a lot of those women don't even remember their photos being taken, or forgot about it until now. Some of them may never be identified, but my sense is that it's very unlikely that all of those women were murdered. Some, possibly...and some may have died since then for other reasons like illness etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny_Lane View Post
    I'm new to ws and have been trying to keep up with the Alcala case. I didn't get to purchase a copy of the People Magazine that featured this article and pictures. Is there a site that has pictures of the jewelry he kept other than just in the magazine? Thank you!

sorry to quote myself guys..but I ran across this lady and her blog. Thought I would share with everyone!
    http://www.lovefraud.com/blog/2010/0...rodney-alcala/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2