SBTC and the Zodiac Killer

K777angel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
While I have always felt that the SBTC sign off on the Ramsey note was randomly made up just like everything else in the note, I found this that I ran across interesting.

In John Douglas' book "The Cases That Haunt Us" he has a photograph of one of the Zodiac killer's notes he sent to the Editor of the San Fransisco Chronicle.
He signs the note SFPD.
Now this obviously means "San Fransisco Police Department" - but with references to movie lines in the Ramsey note - what if Patsy had read of the Zodiac killer's sign off too in a book at some time and subconciously did the same in an attempt (as the whole note was) to try and write a note like she THOUGHT a real kidnapper or killer would write.

Just a thought......

~Angel~

K777angel said:
While I have always felt that the SBTC sign off on the Ramsey note was randomly made up just like everything else in the note, I found this that I ran across interesting.

In John Douglas' book "The Cases That Haunt Us" he has a photograph of one of the Zodiac killer's notes he sent to the Editor of the San Fransisco Chronicle.
He signs the note SFPD.
Now this obviously means "San Fransisco Police Department" - but with references to movie lines in the Ramsey note - what if Patsy had read of the Zodiac killer's sign off too in a book at some time and subconciously did the same in an attempt (as the whole note was) to try and write a note like she THOUGHT a real kidnapper or killer would write.

Just a thought......

~Angel~

I don't know Angel,

Patsy in my opinion, wouldn't have killed JB. Covering up was her job. [/B] Who made Patsy write the note has always been my thought.

I think that's good, K777, works for me, IF Patsy wrote the note at all. Or whoever may have written it, they may have read enough books or seen enough movies about this sort of thing to know the gang usually signs off with an acronym of some kind.

Patsy Ramsey's secret obsession with copying the Zodiac. That is ridiculous.

guppy said:

Not quite as ridiculous as the Helgoth and Gigax theory. Now THAT'S ridiculous!

guppy said:

I never said Patsy had a "secret obsession" with the Zodiac. YOU characterized it that way. Of course she didn't. I just thought it an interesting coincidence that the sign-offs were so close.
One meant something (Zodiac's) - one did not (Ramsey's).

TressaRing28 said:
I don't know Angel,

Patsy in my opinion, wouldn't have killed JB. Covering up was her job. [/B] Who made Patsy write the note has always been my thought.

Interesting observation: Why wouldn't Patsy at a fleeting moment loose control and kill JB? If "Covering Up" was her job...what other "jobs" did she assume/handle...surely Patsy did/had many "above/beyond" talents that most don't have IMHO?. IMHO Patsy made John make her (in a round-about-way) write the night to save them both and even profit from it...what a duo/team for-profit in the name of JonBenet...just too clever?? :eek: :D :innocent:

Perhaps you haven't heard, but Patsy Ramsey didn't write the ransom note. Maybe whoever did had a secret obsession with the Zodiac.

guppy, I think by now that everyone has heard that Patsy didn't write the ransom note. The RST says it all the time. lol

imo

guppy said:
Perhaps you haven't heard, but Patsy Ramsey didn't write the ransom note. Maybe whoever did had a secret obsession with the Zodiac.

MAYBE whoever did write it had a secret obsession with the Zodiac. Exactly. And I didn't keep up with the Zodiac killer so that's all I know. As an FS, neutral, I'd just say there are lots of guys out there who're a lot like the Zodiac, and a lot like Karr, and a lot like whoever-whatever anybody might name. Not many like Patsy who'd lose it and kill her most precious possession, then be thinking like the Zodiac killer. It's just too unlikely a story, besides all the clues we have that others were involved, in other states! (The loiterer in Charlevoix, Michigan, the impersonator of JAR in Waterford, Michigan, the Louisianna letter, and the Barnhills' seeing that walker before dark, to name a few. There may have been LOTS more that we never heard of.) And.....

Someone recently asked my thoughts on this again, reason I'm resurrecting it. In 2006 we learned that Karr's handwriting matched the note about as much as Patsy's handwriting did. Who knew that more than one person could have such similar handwriting? His was from an OLD h.s. yearbook.

Maybe someone here knows how many points of PR's handwriting matched, vs. how many points Karr's did? Plus, he used an acronym way back when he was in h.s. Twenty years (?) before we heard of him, and lived in the Atlanta area, and a mysterious "shabby" brown santa bear showed up in JBR's room the night of the murder. The one she'd been given at a pageant was white and had some sort of banner on it.

guppy said:

Who did then? In your opinion.

guppy, of course Patsy wrote the ransom note--did you not see all the similarities from the site acandyrose.com? If not I suggest you get over there pronto--Anyway, I knew Patsy wrote the ransom the very first time I read it over 10 years ago--It is the most amateurish,insipid,overlong ransom note ever written....and I know ransom notes since I have read over 700 true crime books---I won't go into all the details abou the note since it has already been discussed ad infinutum--and remember that the FBI determined that a 40 year old southern woman wrote it---and of course there was no evidence of any intruder(remember the unbroken spider web by the broken window?)--so who do you think it wrote it? Burke? lol

Eagle1 said:
.....As an FS, neutral, I'd just say there are lots of guys out there who're a lot like the Zodiac, and a lot like Karr, and all kinds of other criminal types.

Not many like Patsy who'd lose it and kill her most precious possession, then be thinking like the Zodiac killer.

It's just too unlikely a story, besides all the clues we have that others were involved, in other states! (The loiterer in Charlevoix, Michigan, the impersonator of JAR in Waterford, Michigan, the Louisianna letter, and the Barnhills' seeing that walker before dark, to name a few. There may have been LOTS more that we never heard of.) And.....
.. In 2006 we learned that Karr's handwriting matched the note about as much as Patsy's handwriting did. Who knew that more than one person could have such similar handwriting? His was from an OLD h.s. yearbook.

Maybe someone here knows how many points of PR's handwriting matched, vs. how many points Karr's did? Plus, he used an acronym way back when he was in h.s. Twenty years (?) before we heard of him, and lived in the Atlanta area, and a mysterious "shabby" brown santa bear showed up in JBR's room the night of the murder. The one she'd been given at a pageant was white and had some sort of banner on it.

Has anything about Karr's handwriting been added at ACandyRose? (I know, I know. You want me to go see for myself. Maybe later, onto something else right now.)

I don't think it's close enough....after all John Ramsey is right on the initials...

Peter Hamilton said:
guppy, of course Patsy wrote the ransom note--did you not see all the similarities from the site acandyrose.com? If not I suggest you get over there pronto--Anyway, I knew Patsy wrote the ransom the very first time I read it over 10 years ago--It is the most amateurish,insipid,overlong ransom note ever written....and I know ransom notes since I have read over 700 true crime books---I won't go into all the details abou the note since it has already been discussed ad infinutum--and remember that the FBI determined that a 40 year old southern woman wrote it---and of course there was no evidence of any intruder(remember the unbroken spider web by the broken window?)--so who do you think it wrote it? Burke? lol
And even Patsy herself, said that she thought that the ransom note was written by a woman. (subliminal confession, perhaps?)

Hi, I'm a newbie here, so please forgive me if this "SBTC" possibility has been mentioned before.

I was reading Delmar England's ransom note analysis on a candy rose and thought it was interesting how things in the note were connected to things the RN writer was thinking/worried about. Like, that the next day will be exhausting, and the RN writer was worried about proper burial. I started wondering if there was anything with the initials SBTC that PR, if hypothetically she were the RN writer, might be worried about, and I came up with one possibility.

If PR (with or without JR) was staging an elaborate crime scene and writing the note, she'd be aware that everything had to be done and ready in time for her to 'wake up' and find the note, thus putting off their flight to Michigan. I think the pressure to meet that deadline was considerable, since people knew they were planning to go, JR's other kids were meeting them there, etc. What if subconsciously PR was thinking, over and over, about that flight they wouldn't now be taking, and how she needed to be finished long before the now-impossible seven a.m. takeoff time, and when she came to sign the note, she wrote SBTC, maybe not even realizing herself that it was the time and direction of the intended flight: Seven a.m., Boulder to Charlevoix?

Again, if this has been suggested a million times please excuse me, as I'm still getting caught up.

Dru said:
Hi, I'm a newbie here, so please forgive me if this "SBTC" possibility has been mentioned before.

I was reading Delmar England's ransom note analysis on a candy rose and thought it was interesting how things in the note were connected to things the RN writer was thinking/worried about. Like, that the next day will be exhausting, and the RN writer was worried about proper burial. I started wondering if there was anything with the initials SBTC that PR, if hypothetically she were the RN writer, might be worried about, and I came up with one possibility.

If PR (with or without JR) was staging an elaborate crime scene and writing the note, she'd be aware that everything had to be done and ready in time for her to 'wake up' and find the note, thus putting off their flight to Michigan. I think the pressure to meet that deadline was considerable, since people knew they were planning to go, JR's other kids were meeting them there, etc. What if subconsciously PR was thinking, over and over, about that flight they wouldn't now be taking, and how she needed to be finished long before the now-impossible seven a.m. takeoff time, and when she came to sign the note, she wrote SBTC, maybe not even realizing herself that it was the time and direction of the intended flight: Seven a.m., Boulder to Charlevoix?

Again, if this has been suggested a million times please excuse me, as I'm still getting caught up.
:waitasec: I'll be darned.......?

Barbara said:
Not quite as ridiculous as the Helgoth and Gigax theory. Now THAT'S ridiculous!
AMEN to that.
And let's not forget the Spin Team's Santa and Fleet White Theories. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361