Navy Training Jet crashes - 3 dead, 1 missing

Melly53

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/12/georgia.military.aircraft.down/index.html?hpt=T2

A Navy training jet crashed in a north Georgia forest on Monday, killing at least three people aboard and setting more than 10 acres of woodland ablaze, local and federal authorities said. A fourth person aboard the jet was unaccounted for Monday night, said Harry White, spokesman for the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Florida. The cause of the crash was under investigation.
FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the crash of the twin-engine T-39N trainer caused no injuries on the ground. It went down just north of Morganton, Georgia, about 80 miles north of Atlanta, Fannin County Sheriff's Maj. Keith Bosen said.

My deepest sympathies to those who lost loved ones in the crash.

Thank you for posting this. Coming from a Navy town it always hits hard.

RIP and sympathy to their loved ones.

It always hurts to hear something like this. I just never expect to hear of any of our military losing their lives in this country.

May God bless and keep the families of these men or women.

My son is currently stationed at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, completing his aviation training. This put a bigger lump in my throat than usual.

This always hurts my heart hearing about our military members dying in "routine" training missions, etc. Oh, so many thoughts and prayers to their family members, friends and coworkers.

Has the missing person been found?

Praying for all involved.

Navy officials this afternoon released the names of four victims onboard a Navy training jet that crashed in north Georgia on Monday afternoon.

They are: retired Lt. Cmdr. Charles McDaniel, 67, of Cantonment, the civilian pilot; Marine Capt. Jason Paynter, 38, of Pensacola; Marine 1st Lt. Shawn Nice, 26, of Levittown, Pa.;
and Navy Ensign Zachary Eckhart, 25, of Orefield, Pa.;according to a Navy news release.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2010100414012

Rest in peace.

My son is currently stationed at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, completing his aviation training. This put a bigger lump in my throat than usual.

This always hurts my heart hearing about our military members dying in "routine" training missions, etc. Oh, so many thoughts and prayers to their family members, friends and coworkers.

Kudos to your son, DD. Please thank him for his service!

Has the missing person been found?

Praying for all involved.

Last I heard he/she has NOT been found and presumed deceased.

Yes, DD, tell your son thank you. Our military isn't always appreciated as much as they should be. If we'd all just take a minute and think about how our lives would be without them.

daisy7,

Thanks for posting the article. I'll be interested to hear what the investigation determines to be the cause of the crash.

Prayers to the family, friends and coworkers today as there is a closed service today on base, I think. My thoughts are with them today.

P.S. Thanks for the "thanks." I appreciate it and WILL tell him! I'm very proud of him. He's 23, a little older than many who join, and he took 2 years to really decide that is what he wanted to do. He took a significant pay cut to join the Navy. He was very methodical with his decision, which I was glad to see. He did it for the right reasons.

Last I heard he/she has NOT been found and presumed deceased.

Yes, DD, tell your son thank you. Our military isn't always appreciated as much as they should be. If we'd all just take a minute and think about how our lives would be without them.

Oh, I didn't realize one hadn't been found yet. I hope he is found soon, for the family's sake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back