738 users online (90 members and 648 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

2010.04.13 Theories thread as a result of the search

Let's discuss theories as a result of today's events here.

Wild goose chase??
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

I'm almost afraid to speculuate since there's so much said today and we don't know which facts are true and which not. What stands out to me is how would Tommy know where to look for a body if he really left and especially if he were threatened. If Joe were alone and in a vehicle he wouldn't need to tell anyone where he put Haleigh. I'm wondering if Misty could have told the truth. Maybe a guy all in black, even his face, came in and took Haleigh and she just thought it was Joe. This would go along with what Jr. told. If she was drugged up and barely awake she might not have seen things clearly.

My best guess is, and I haven't been following this case as many of you have (so you have a better feel for things than I do): Misty, Tommy, Joe (possibly someone else) were hanging out and getting high. Maybe Ron owed Joe for drugs...who knows? Things go awry. Joe takes Haleigh. Misty and Tommy stay quiet because, for one, their are addicts and for two, likely their drug bust wasn't the first time they have sold anything illegal. Ron comes home and is like, "Where is Haleigh?" and at that point Misty calls the cops. I am not however saying I like Ron. I don't. I don't like hardly any of the players in this case. I am for the poor children.

Theory1: MC had a drug debt that needed payment in full or else. Baby taken as result.

Theory2: Baby got a hold of pills, od'd, MC panicked. Called TC and J to help dispose of body

Theory3: Baby got a hold of pills, od'd, MC & TC panic. Dispose of body themselves. Use many different "scenarios" and for the finale and last resort, use the current scenario of pointing the finger at JO.
    Last edited by KatrinaLee73; 04-13-2010 at 10:09 PM.

I understand there was a cooler found, but what was in it? I can't get NG in my area, so could be missing something.

If JO is the suspect, then how is the cooler tied to him - I don't think he had a car, as it had been mentioned previously that he was waiting for a lift back to TE. Who was missing a cooler - was it Ron/Misty, Tommy, Timmy?? Wouldn't someone have noticed it was missing?

If Joe had no car, then someone would have had to ferry him around. IMO if he was responsible, then he could not have been acting alone, as he would not have had access to transportation, string, blankets, cooler, or anything associated with actually living in the area.

And as for Misty, the mind boggles - after her sex/drugs weekend, she gets back with Ron for a night and then gets raped by a cousin the following night and has the child she was babysitting stolen, and doesn't bother to mention it to LE or RC!!

If even part of this story is true, then there has to be a secondary story, that somehow ties everything together, because as it stands right now, it's making less sense than any of the previous theories.

Like LittleBitty, I haven't been following the recent developments as closely as the rest of you. I do believe that Misty, Tommy and Joe ALL know exactly what happened and all are equally culpable. Otherwise, they all would have turned on the other by now. None of them are noble enough to go down for the others without knowing they all face jail time.

This is just a guess. Ron knew that Misty was involved, but was covering for her. She forms the, 'I love you', to Ron during court, but he doesn't respond. She knows the gig is up. Ron, looking @ a long sentence, tells what he knows, Misty backs his story up, Tommy flunks his poly & fills in the rest. My question is who killed Haleigh?? Tommy, Misty, Joe? My guess is on Tommy. Linsey has had the air of someone who has been convinced by LE to let him go.

I want to know the true timeline of Joe and Tommy coming over and looking for the gun. If that took place awhile before bedtime, Misty might not have been sure which one came back later and took Haleigh. That part may have been what she wasn't telling because it could implicate Tommy. But, it seems like she was telling just about everything from the beginning.

I still think that Tommy was called in to help clean up...I think that started when Ron called him around 9pm-ish and Tommy conveniently showed up about an hour later.

Now people are saying that Tommy is the one who linked this information and the reason the search is going on. Now people are saying that Tommy failed his poly. Maybe, just maybe, Tommy actually passed it depending on the questions that were asked and the information that was given up freely by Tommy. What I mean is, maybe Tommy offered up some reliable information and when he was given the poly it showed that he was telling the truth about what he knows concerning Haleigh. And maybe that information got back to LE (maybe Tommy's Lawyer) and they said "let's search, the poly said he was telling the truth, KWIM?

Tommy ended up with all the restraining orders
    Tommy ended up with a dead rat (snitch) in HIS mailbox

I can see Tommy now saying "This is what happened...."

And I believe he implicated Ron not Jo.

All three (Misty, Tommy, & Joe) were doing drugs in the MH. Something happened to Haleigh due to some negligence on their part - or - Joe hurt Haleigh and both Misty and Tommy neglected to stop him. Misty didn't want to admit to Ron that she was doing drugs in the MH that night and didn't want to implicate her brother, and Tommy didn't want to admit to Lindsy that he was doing drugs in the MH that night and didn't want to implicate his sister. Neither one wanted to admit this to their parents either, especially their Dad. It's also possible that some improprieties occurred beyond just the drug use.

If Joe had taken Haleigh away from the MH by himself, then it's not likely that Tommy (or Misty) would have known any details of where she was taken. I think that there is guilt on the part of all three.

Going back to even the early interviews Misty gave, she says quite a few times that Joe could be responsible. At the beginning in an interview with Matt Lauer in front of the tent camp, she said "no, I'm not at all sure he had nothing to do with it."

She said he had been there that day with Tommy, she said he had been a criminal all his life. Misty later said he had "tried to mess with her when she was 13." It was she that brought up the original and second stolen gun stories, and the "dream" of seeing Joe in the doorway with Haleigh.

Plus, Chelsea said he had taken her van that night, parking it differently than she had left it and that he slept in his clothes, which was unusual for him.

It was law enforcement that kept saying he was cleared.

In a jail phone call with her mom she says "I've told them all I know and they just don't listen."

Could her skewed view of family loyalty prevent her from coming right out with it? It didn't stop her from fingering Tommy for the neighborhood burglaries.

And the fact that he left the morning that the news was breaking that Haleigh was missing. Planned or not, it seems odd he would leave at that time--like he didn't want to be interviewed--and did indeed avoid that until authorities in Tennessee interviewed him.

So many questions I have...

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I want to know the true timeline of Joe and Tommy coming over and looking for the gun. If that took place awhile before bedtime, Misty might not have been sure which one came back later and took Haleigh. That part may have been what she wasn't telling because it could implicate Tommy. But, it seems like she was telling just about everything from the beginning.
    IIRC, the gun incident happened some days before Haleigh's disappearance. The gun was recovered and Ron downplayed the incident as if it were blown out of proportion. But there may have been resentment between the two as a result of it. I doubt that Misty would have wanted Ron to know if she was consorting with Joe afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitty35 View Post
    My best guess is, and I haven't been following this case as many of you have (so you have a better feel for things than I do): Misty, Tommy, Joe (possibly someone else) were hanging out and getting high. Maybe Ron owed Joe for drugs...who knows? Things go awry. Joe takes Haleigh. Misty and Tommy stay quiet because, for one, their are addicts and for two, likely their drug bust wasn't the first time they have sold anything illegal. Ron comes home and is like, "Where is Haleigh?" and at that point Misty calls the cops. I am not however saying I like Ron. I don't. I don't like hardly any of the players in this case. I am for the poor children.
    Bad blood between all these characters previously gun incident, drugs MC did not want to be there...they were sitting around getting wasted.....I think sex was involved and things went wrong and she was taken because a lot of "messing around" started.....

She was going to tell her daddy when he got home from WORK....then she is gone

All the Croslin's profess their love so openly....I think they all say I love you more out of guilt than love....

According to Art H., Tommy IS the one that tipped LE about where to search. I've never thought he was actually involved in Haleigh's disappearance, but I could have been wrong. At this point, I don't know... it would help to find out just who is in custody with regards to this case, as was stated on NG tonight.

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast