PA - Man Dies On Bus Driver Instructed To Continue Route

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
This brought to you by the city that had a man die while waiting in an Emergency Room then got robbed after he was deceased.

A driver leaving 69th Street terminal noticed a man on her bus who had wet himself and was drooling. The driver dutifly called her supervisor. *Oh there's audio to this.* She explains and her supervisor instructs her to finish her route and not be late. She continued to drop off and pick up passengers.

When the bus finally got to the Frankford Terminal *I know this route and it takes a good hour and some* the passenger was no longer breathing. The driver calls this in and says she has police at the scene. She says the man has died and you hear the supervisor say "He WHAT?" Can you even begin to imagine? Apparently the man is homeless and he died of heart complications from an overdose, BUT so what? This is a person. A human being. A soul. Poor man.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...SEPTA-Bus-Driver-Finishes-Route-90748409.html

more proof your citie's nickname is an ironic one filly..

more proof your citie's nickname is an ironic one filly..

I knoooooow, right?

Poor man was breathing when she reported it. The real IRONY? SEPTA is always late. So, nobody would have batted an eye if she was behind on her route. I'm glad the driver reported it.

if the buses here are an hour late that means there actually 30 minutes early......

if the buses here are an hour late that means there actually 30 minutes early......

That took me like an entire day to get that joke.

My DD takes public transportation to school and work. She informed me this is an El shuttle. I asked "So, what the El's getting fixed this time of night?" Real matter of fact she says "No, it's for you know safety reasons". I then tell her unless you have a license to carry you are not safe.

By the by she then tells me "Ya know that one bus I take? They got methadone patients get on there. They're always nodding off and one dude fell flat on the floor. The driver was concerned and all the commuters were PO'd. Like it's our fault he's high? We're productive citizens with somewhere to go, and they make me late for tests and class".

The kid is hardened I tell ya. Hey, everybody is someone's brother, son, sister, mom, dad. Plus if they're going to the clinic (of which we have many here) they shouldn't be nodding. There's a lesson to be learned in this poor man's death. YES I KNOW he was on drugs and drunk, BUT come on. It's more important to make sure that bus is on time?

Sad state of affairs. Sad world. Sad the bus driver tried to help. Wanted to help. Then again ya know the bus had to be on time.

That took me like an entire day to get that joke.

My DD takes public transportation to school and work. She informed me this is an El shuttle. I asked "So, what the El's getting fixed this time of night?" Real matter of fact she says "No, it's for you know safety reasons". I then tell her unless you have a license to carry you are not safe.

By the by she then tells me "Ya know that one bus I take? They got methadone patients get on there. They're always nodding off and one dude fell flat on the floor. The driver was concerned and all the commuters were PO'd. Like it's our fault he's high? We're productive citizens with somewhere to go, and they make me late for tests and class".

The kid is hardened I tell ya. Hey, everybody is someone's brother, son, sister, mom, dad. Plus if they're going to the clinic (of which we have many here) they shouldn't be nodding. There's a lesson to be learned in this poor man's death. YES I KNOW he was on drugs and drunk, BUT come on. It's more important to make sure that bus is on time?

Sad state of affairs. Sad world. Sad the bus driver tried to help. Wanted to help. Then again ya know the bus had to be on time.

wow what a bunch of compassionate people!

it really took you a day to get that joke? lmao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back