1041 users online (212 members and 829 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Here is a larger photo of the box from the river:

http://www.news4jax.com/image/23140081/detail.html
    OK, not sure if you can see it. But this looks like some type of tank. After me cropping it. It looks to have a handle on the right side. One of the divers is holding it like a handle. I know I have seen these type of tanks somewhere, I just don't know where. It is large and to me it does not look like an oxygen tank. It almost looks like an old milk tank/jug from a farm.

the restaurant at the end of the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Here is a larger photo of the box from the river:

http://www.news4jax.com/image/23140081/detail.html

Does anyone else see two gray pipelike things on top of that box? Parallel to each other on the far and near side?

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    What might have been found when LE removed part of a wall in the MH? Was there some type of utility box missing? This is what comes to mind as I continue to ponder what the box might be.

Quote Originally Posted by elle1919 View Post
    If Haleigh is in that box...does the fact that someone put her in a container say anything at all about the killer? Ya know rather than just throw her in the water ....seems like someone wanted her to be protected...or no?
    When sleuthing on Sandra Cantu case several books and articles said that
    WOMEN put children in containers and put in water.........men usually bury.
    It is 'going back to womb' thing..............
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by tragco View Post
    Does anyone else see two gray pipelike things on top of that box? Parallel to each other on the far and near side?
    Ya, like another poster said, it kind of looks like handles. Maybe it sonar equipment and that is the handle. ???

Here's a blown-up pic, but the quality is horrible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree with some ppl on here that said they didn't think the box was white because of how dirty the water is. Is it possible that this is a wooden box? The water would fade it out over a years time. But then again, would a wooden box still be in tact after a year in the water?

I keep thinking of the baby girl in TX that floated across the bay.
    It was a Rubbermaid type tote IIRC.

Could a concrete block (like back door) be in there to weight it down?
    Looks like a tote to me, white top, transparent bottom???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhstTrkn View Post
    I agree with some ppl on here that said they didn't think the box was white because of how dirty the water is. Is it possible that this is a wooden box? The water would fade it out over a years time. But then again, would a wooden box still be in tact after a year in the water?
    I was thinking a smooth plastic rubbermaid type box would wash clean fairly quickly while being pulled up and moved around in the water. JMO
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

I don't think it's sonar equipment. They keep the computer on the shore. Divers use what looks like a big gun.

A news report said the divers knew exactly where to go.

This looks like a cooler or storage box to me, perhaps faded, or just slime on the bottom.

the restaurant at the end of the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovering-Lurker View Post
    Ya, like another poster said, it kind of looks like handles. Maybe it sonar equipment and that is the handle. ???

Thank you for the blow up picture! Yes it could be handles. I have been googling sonar equipment pics because I tend to think it's some kind of equipment; haven't found anything that matches though.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering-Lurker View Post

Why would pix be taken of it?
    Why would they say 'pulled from river?
    if it is equipment of the divers???
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Also at that video link I was watching they said that the silt on the bottom of the river was feet deep, maybe what we think was a box was equipment of some sort.

They brought in stadium lights, in for the long haul, Thank God!
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    I keep thinking of the baby girl in TX that floated across the bay.
    It was a Rubbermaid type tote IIRC.

Could a concrete block (like back door) be in there to weight it down?
    Looks like a tote to me, white top, transparent bottom???
    That's what I'm thinking passionflower.

Like they could have put her and a concrete block or something in there to prevent the box for surfacing...put the container in the back of that darn van...backed down the boat launch ramp and threw her out. IMO it would have sank pretty quickly and they could have been done and gone in no time.

Sad to think of someone doing that to this precious girl, but looks to me like that could have been what happened.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

FWIW, when I was watching the video live, I thought it looked like one of those metal cases (like a fatter version of those metal type briefcases) that a camera or something delicate would be surrounded by a foam mold. KWIM? It looked clean at first glance and so I thought it was part of their equipment.

All JMOO, this is just my impressions while watching. At the time it was broadcast, it didn't occur to me that it was something being brought up, so what I described is what I processed it to be. Hope that all makes sense! I hope it's gonna be Haleigh's day today!

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Why would pix be taken of it?
    Why would they say 'pulled from river?
    if it is equipment of the divers???
    Ya, I don't know. When the news anchors were first talking about it live, they said they didn't know what it was, or if they were removing it. Now it's being reported that it is a big box that was removed. How does anyone know?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast