2010.04.13 - The mystery box pulled from the river

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Here is a larger photo of the box from the river:

23140081_640X480.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/image/23140081/detail.html

OK, not sure if you can see it. But this looks like some type of tank. After me cropping it. It looks to have a handle on the right side. One of the divers is holding it like a handle. I know I have seen these type of tanks somewhere, I just don't know where. It is large and to me it does not look like an oxygen tank. It almost looks like an old milk tank/jug from a farm.

What might have been found when LE removed part of a wall in the MH? Was there some type of utility box missing? This is what comes to mind as I continue to ponder what the box might be.

If Haleigh is in that box...does the fact that someone put her in a container say anything at all about the killer? Ya know rather than just throw her in the water ....seems like someone wanted her to be protected...or no?

When sleuthing on Sandra Cantu case several books and articles said that
WOMEN put children in containers and put in water.........men usually bury.
It is 'going back to womb' thing..............

Does anyone else see two gray pipelike things on top of that box? Parallel to each other on the far and near side?

Ya, like another poster said, it kind of looks like handles. Maybe it sonar equipment and that is the handle. ???

Here's a blown-up pic, but the quality is horrible.

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 152
I agree with some ppl on here that said they didn't think the box was white because of how dirty the water is. Is it possible that this is a wooden box? The water would fade it out over a years time. But then again, would a wooden box still be in tact after a year in the water?

I keep thinking of the baby girl in TX that floated across the bay.
It was a Rubbermaid type tote IIRC.

Could a concrete block (like back door) be in there to weight it down?
Looks like a tote to me, white top, transparent bottom???

I agree with some ppl on here that said they didn't think the box was white because of how dirty the water is. Is it possible that this is a wooden box? The water would fade it out over a years time. But then again, would a wooden box still be in tact after a year in the water?

I was thinking a smooth plastic rubbermaid type box would wash clean fairly quickly while being pulled up and moved around in the water. JMO

I don't think it's sonar equipment. They keep the computer on the shore. Divers use what looks like a big gun.

A news report said the divers knew exactly where to go.

This looks like a cooler or storage box to me, perhaps faded, or just slime on the bottom.:twocents:

Ya, like another poster said, it kind of looks like handles. Maybe it sonar equipment and that is the handle. ???

Thank you for the blow up picture! Yes it could be handles. I have been googling sonar equipment pics because I tend to think it's some kind of equipment; haven't found anything that matches though.

Why would pix be taken of it?
Why would they say 'pulled from river?
if it is equipment of the divers???

Also at that video link I was watching they said that the silt on the bottom of the river was feet deep, maybe what we think was a box was equipment of some sort.

They brought in stadium lights, in for the long haul, Thank God!

I keep thinking of the baby girl in TX that floated across the bay.
It was a Rubbermaid type tote IIRC.

Could a concrete block (like back door) be in there to weight it down?
Looks like a tote to me, white top, transparent bottom???

That's what I'm thinking passionflower.

Like they could have put her and a concrete block or something in there to prevent the box for surfacing...put the container in the back of that darn van...backed down the boat launch ramp and threw her out. IMO it would have sank pretty quickly and they could have been done and gone in no time.

Sad to think of someone doing that to this precious girl, but looks to me like that could have been what happened.

FWIW, when I was watching the video live, I thought it looked like one of those metal cases (like a fatter version of those metal type briefcases) that a camera or something delicate would be surrounded by a foam mold. KWIM? It looked clean at first glance and so I thought it was part of their equipment.

All JMOO, this is just my impressions while watching. At the time it was broadcast, it didn't occur to me that it was something being brought up, so what I described is what I processed it to be. Hope that all makes sense! :) I hope it's gonna be Haleigh's day today!

Why would pix be taken of it?
Why would they say 'pulled from river?
if it is equipment of the divers???

Ya, I don't know. When the news anchors were first talking about it live, they said they didn't know what it was, or if they were removing it. Now it's being reported that it is a big box that was removed. How does anyone know?

IMO silt and slime would wash away from a smooth plastic container while being pulled up. A smooth container has no pourous or rough surface for silt or slime to stick to.

JMO - It could be a plastic container that has been there for 14 months.

Just looked at blow up and I see a handle............we do not know how deep it is.
Could it be a garbage can (Rubbermaid) with handle and on rollers?
We have a green one with black handle about 2'x3''4' deep.

Also at that video link I was watching they said that the silt on the bottom of the river was feet deep, maybe what we think was a box was equipment of some sort.

They brought in stadium lights, in for the long haul, Thank God!
So there might be something more there besides the white box?

Based on your recent post, I just had a horrible thought. What if they used quickcrete and Haleighs body is actually encased in that container i.e., concrete tomb. Ugh! Just sickening to think about. Could be why the ME wasn't called out and why it took 3 men to pull it from the water?!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back