2010.04.14 New search for Haleigh #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This thread will open shortly before the search resumes.

Keep this thread on the topic of the search and provide links to the media sources that are providing coverage.

Please let today be the day Haleigh is found!

Thank you Chicoliving. I am watching and waiting.

5:21am my time, what time is the search likely to resume again? Dawn, or later?

Haleigh search heats up, recovered items brought anthropologist to river
"Snip" By Larry Sullivan http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/14/news/news01.txt
Published: Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Divers searching for Haleigh Cummings on Tuesday apparently recovered items that brought a University of Florida anthropologist to the St. Johns River south of Satsuma.

Tuesday morning saw a dramatic increase in activity, with dozens of officers from several law enforcement agencies converging on the Shell Harbour boat ramp in South Putnam.
It was clear that investigators expected to find something on Tuesday.

The Shell Harbour camp area was not searched when Haleigh vanished 14 months ago, Greenwood said.

Authorities also refused to say what divers found and, whether Haleigh's case has shifted to a homicide investigation.

"That is a decision that will be made later, said" Sheriff Hardy.

Hardy also met privately with Haleigh's family members, including her father, Ronald Cummings, for "some private conversations."

Officials refused to confirm or deny that possible human remains were recovered Tuesday but did say the search was scheduled to resume today.

About 5 p.m., a truck from the university drove through the checkpoint. The vehicle was from the C.A. Pound Human Identification Laboratory, which the school says provides "forensic anthropology services for medical examiners and coroners."
The lab has been involved in several high-profile cases.

The truck left about 7:30 p.m. and officials did not say whether human bones had been found.

It was mid-morning when local, state and federal officers swarmed over the Shell Harbour neighborhood, which lies between the river and County Road 309. As boats and divers entered the river, detectives interviewed residents and other deputies sealed off the neighborhood. Only law enforcement and people who lived in the neighborhood were allowed in.

Carl Brown, who lives in the neighborhood, said a deputy yelled at him to leave when he walked toward where the search was launched.

"We're taxpayers and we live in the community and we have a right to know what's going on," Brown said. "He screamed at me just like I was a dog."

Authorities also kept boaters from passing through that section of the river, an action that prevented four boats of vacationers from reaching Stegbones Fish Camp after a morning of fishing.

"They were coming back to clean their fish and eat and they can't come back," camp manager Stan Plaisted said.

Bands of rain showers rolled through the area Tuesday, dousing searchers, reporters and the stranded boaters.

As divers worked, other searchers covered the shore with dogs specially trained to find dead bodies and police boats equipped with sonar followed search patterns across the river.

Several containers of items recovered by divers were loaded onto boats and taken to shore.

Visibility was poor in the water, Lt. Ben Allen of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said Tuesday night.

On Tuesday Misty Croslin was brought to the Putnam for questioning, then returned to the jail in St. Augustine. She did not meet with Haleigh's relatives.

Brown said, Misty Croslin, "used to live two blocks from here" with her parents.

Brown said another resident told him he saw Croslin carrying a trash bag nearby in the days after Haleigh was reported missing.

Today show covering search now with TN on

With the reports I have read about the tip leading to the search being reported to LE on Monday and reports of Cummings family members being in the same area as the search on Monday I am now thinking that the tip did not come from Tommy or Misty.

JMO

With the reports I have read about the tip leading to the search being reported to LE on Monday and reports of Cummings family members being in the same area as the search on Monday I am now thinking that the tip did not come from Tommy or Misty.

JMO

I was watching Channel 4 live this morning and the PI for Crystal was on. He is former FBI and claims to have solved this case over the last 10 months. I don't know if that is true or not, but from hearing him talk, it seems as though the tip came from him...
It continues to get crazier.
Also, the last news link reports that Joe was questioned in Tennessee last night for around 20 minutes and went back home..

Crystal has a PI? Who is he?

They had said yesterday they were going to search through the night, I see that the search ended early last night. I will assume they found what they were looking for. Especially after bringing in the anthropologist. Now the wait begins. I know when Caylee was found LE said that they had found human remains, thought to be of Caylee and days later came the confirmation. In this case LE is not saying anything and it's so frustrating. I can understand they need to keep most close to the vest. But if they found any remains, they can just say it. Why leave it up in the air? That is how all the rumors get started. I pray that for Haleigh sake this is over and she has been found. It has been over 14months and that is way to long to be left out in this world. Alive or Deceased.

4/13/10 Video Report, Haleigh's Family Asking For Prayers http://www.news4jax.com/video/23143621/index.html

4/13/10 Video Report, The Search For Haleigh Ends For The Night http://www.news4jax.com/video/23143418/index.html

Crystal has a PI? Who is he?

I wish I could remember his name. :waitasec:
I seen it here:
http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html
Maybe they will replay it, I've had it up all morning and they did mention him a couple of times and what he was saying.
My understanding is that he was working on behalf of Crystal and has been on the case for 10 months now.

My heart goes out the both families ( not including misty's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni