896 users online (129 members and 767 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,756

    2010.04.14 - LE looking for 1990 Grey Van

    This information was mentioned yesterday although i cannot find the article. Mods if this is inappropriate please remove.

    During the search yesterday, LE was going door to door asking questions. One of the neighbors in the search area said that police was asking about a 1990 Grey Van, I think they said it was a Chrysler. I thought it would be odd for LE to be asking questions about what occurred a year ago. I thought that maybe they were looking for more recent information.

    They wanted to know about the Grey Van. My questions is this:
    Why are they so interested in this van?
    Was it seen there lately (recent months or days?)?
    Did someone report seeing this vehicle in this area ALOT?

    Is LE thinking that a body/evidence was just placed in the area?
    Is there anyone connected to this case that owns a Grey Van?

    If Tommy, Ron, and Misty are locked up, Timmy and Jo out of town, then WHO was visiting this area in a Grey Van? IMO it has to be someone connected to one of them, how would someone know that there was something there other than the person/s who put it there? Family members, perhaps? It has to be someone in the know. Maybe this was like a memorial spot and someone felt comfort going to visit this area. WHO might that be?

    This is all just my opinion but I think that this information is important. I know we have a tremendous amount of intelligent people on here so I would love to see where this information takes us. TIA

    Here's the news article:
    http://www.ocala.com/article/2010041...NEWS?p=2&tc=pg
    Last edited by Kimster; 04-14-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: date on title

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,701
    I haven't heard about a gray van..........but speculating here.......it could be "the van that they took" that had Misty's blanket in it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,137
    Couldn't FBI look in data base for Chysler 1990's grey vans?
    Pull up names of registration?
    Pin it down ?
    I guess good old fashioned foot work works also, just slower.
    Maybe FBI did that and now has it pinned down, who knows..............
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,681
    I don't have time to find the posts from the scanner thread at the moment. But there was a lady who skipped out on a court appearance yesterday for a hit and run case. LE was looking for her and her 1990 Gray Van. Sounds like it might be unrelated to this case and the media picked up on it and it grew legs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    I haven't heard about a gray van..........but speculating here.......it could be "the van that they took" that had Misty's blanket in it.
    From what was said last night, can't recall if it was on NG or JVM show. This is a newer van and it's Grey.

    The van they took early on was Lindsey's van and it is blue. LE returned the van and said nothing was found in the van. If they would of found something LE would of never released the van back to Lindsey, they would of held on to it in the forensics lab until the case came to closure.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,756
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    I haven't heard about a gray van..........but speculating here.......it could be "the van that they took" that had Misty's blanket in it.
    That's what I thought at first too but isn't that the BLUE van? Debs, I am so confused about this. LE had already processed the BLUE van, right? So why are they now looking for another van? Was Misty telling the truth about that but we assumed it was the BLUE van? Could she have been talking about this particular GREY van? I wonder who the owner is?

    Just so many questions.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,756
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I don't have time to find the posts from the scanner thread at the moment. But there was a lady who skipped out on a court appearance yesterday for a hit and run case. LE was looking for her and her 1990 Gray Van. Sounds like it might be unrelated to this case and the media picked up on it and it grew legs.
    I hope that is not the case

    If this is true, then I would say that the media down there aint worth a D##@!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    20,551
    I didn't not hear that they were specifically looking for a 1990 gray van.

    JVM or NGs changed it to a 1990 gray van in her show last night. I thought it was reported that they were asking about a gray van that was made in the 90s and not 1990 specifically.

    I think probably everyone of those people in that area will remember back to the day that Haleigh went missing and may can recall if they saw a van down by the river close to these docks at that time. I do not think they are wanting to know about a recent sighting of the van but one that may have been seen in the area around the time she was taken.

    imo
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 04-14-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,098
    They need to be a bit more specific about that...is it a MINI van (hundreds of them out there from the 90's when including the Dodge Caravan, Plymouth Voyager, and the actual Chrysler Town and Country) or is it a full size cargo van (far less in numbers)? Also, the mini van colors from that era and manufacturer are more in the silver paint tone than a grey....some people would not think of those as the "same" color at all.

    jmoo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    20,551
    Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    That's what I thought at first too but isn't that the BLUE van? Debs, I am so confused about this. LE had already processed the BLUE van, right? So why are they now looking for another van? Was Misty telling the truth about that but we assumed it was the BLUE van? Could she have been talking about this particular GREY van? I wonder who the owner is?

    Just so many questions.
    It looks sort of bluish grey to me.

    imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,858
    I'm getting ready for work and don't have much time. One report I read last night stated that a resident who lives very close to the search site told a reporter that LE has been canvassing the neighborhood asking for information on a light grey van that might've been spotted in the area recently. I'll try to find the link.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,858
    I found the link.


    snipped from the article:

    A resident on Shell Harbour Road, off County Road 309, south of the girl's Satsuma home, said officers had been searching in the area since overnight. The woman, who did not want to be named but said she has lived in the area about two years, said officers have gone door-to-door in the neighborhood, getting residents' names and asking if they have seen a newer model, gray van in the area.

    "There must 25 vans and trucks," the woman said, describing the scene...

    Another resident said officers were seeking information on a 1990s model Chrysler van.

    http://www.ocala.com/article/2010041...=2&tc=pg&tc=ar
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    20,551
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I'm getting ready for work and don't have much time. One report I read last night stated that a resident who lives very close to the search site told a reporter that LE has been canvassing the neighborhood asking for information on a light grey van that might've been spotted in the area recently. I'll try to find the link.
    Yes, that was reported yesterday bessie.

    She said the officers were going door to door asking all that lived in the neighborhood, where they are searching for Haleigh, if they had seen a grey van in the area.

    The reporter did not elaborate on whether it was around the time that Haleigh went missing but it is just commonsense that would be the time frame they are wanting to know about. Unless police are thinking the suspect(s) have returned to the scene to make sure her body had stayed hidden.

    imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,756
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I found the link.


    snipped from the article:

    A resident on Shell Harbour Road, off County Road 309, south of the girl's Satsuma home, said officers had been searching in the area since overnight. The woman, who did not want to be named but said she has lived in the area about two years, said officers have gone door-to-door in the neighborhood, getting residents' names and asking if they have seen a newer model, gray van in the area.

    "There must 25 vans and trucks," the woman said, describing the scene...

    Another resident said officers were seeking information on a 1990s model Chrysler van.

    http://www.ocala.com/article/2010041...=2&tc=pg&tc=ar
    Thanks Bessie, I had just found the article!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,858
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    It looks sort of bluish grey to me.

    imo
    I can't look for this link now, but Player (Ron's former neighbor) said a long time ago that van, the one with the blanket, was actually gray, but looked blue from a distance.

    OMG, I am so late. Will be back this evening and praying all day that this the truth will come to light soon for little Haleigh.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM