2010.04.14 - LE looking for 1990 Grey Van

suspicious1

Reaction score
This information was mentioned yesterday although i cannot find the article. Mods if this is inappropriate please remove.

During the search yesterday, LE was going door to door asking questions. One of the neighbors in the search area said that police was asking about a 1990 Grey Van, I think they said it was a Chrysler. I thought it would be odd for LE to be asking questions about what occurred a year ago. I thought that maybe they were looking for more recent information.

They wanted to know about the Grey Van. My questions is this:
Why are they so interested in this van?
Was it seen there lately (recent months or days?)?
Did someone report seeing this vehicle in this area ALOT?

Is LE thinking that a body/evidence was just placed in the area?
Is there anyone connected to this case that owns a Grey Van?

If Tommy, Ron, and Misty are locked up, Timmy and Jo out of town, then WHO was visiting this area in a Grey Van? IMO it has to be someone connected to one of them, how would someone know that there was something there other than the person/s who put it there? Family members, perhaps? It has to be someone in the know. Maybe this was like a memorial spot and someone felt comfort going to visit this area. WHO might that be?

This is all just my opinion but I think that this information is important. I know we have a tremendous amount of intelligent people on here so I would love to see where this information takes us. TIA

Here's the news article:
http://www.ocala.com/article/20100414/ARTICLES/4141010/1402/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg

I haven't heard about a gray van..........but speculating here.......it could be "the van that they took" that had Misty's blanket in it.

Couldn't FBI look in data base for Chysler 1990's grey vans?
Pull up names of registration?
Pin it down ?
I guess good old fashioned foot work works also, just slower.
Maybe FBI did that and now has it pinned down, who knows..............

I don't have time to find the posts from the scanner thread at the moment. But there was a lady who skipped out on a court appearance yesterday for a hit and run case. LE was looking for her and her 1990 Gray Van. Sounds like it might be unrelated to this case and the media picked up on it and it grew legs.

I haven't heard about a gray van..........but speculating here.......it could be "the van that they took" that had Misty's blanket in it.

From what was said last night, can't recall if it was on NG or JVM show. This is a newer van and it's Grey.

The van they took early on was Lindsey's van and it is blue. LE returned the van and said nothing was found in the van. If they would of found something LE would of never released the van back to Lindsey, they would of held on to it in the forensics lab until the case came to closure.

That's what I thought at first too but isn't that the BLUE van? Debs, I am so confused about this. LE had already processed the BLUE van, right? So why are they now looking for another van? Was Misty telling the truth about that but we assumed it was the BLUE van? Could she have been talking about this particular GREY van? I wonder who the owner is?

Just so many questions.

I don't have time to find the posts from the scanner thread at the moment. But there was a lady who skipped out on a court appearance yesterday for a hit and run case. LE was looking for her and her 1990 Gray Van. Sounds like it might be unrelated to this case and the media picked up on it and it grew legs.

I hope that is not the case:furious:

If this is true, then I would say that the media down there aint worth a D##@!

I didn't not hear that they were specifically looking for a 1990 gray van.

JVM or NGs changed it to a 1990 gray van in her show last night. I thought it was reported that they were asking about a gray van that was made in the 90s and not 1990 specifically.

I think probably everyone of those people in that area will remember back to the day that Haleigh went missing and may can recall if they saw a van down by the river close to these docks at that time. I do not think they are wanting to know about a recent sighting of the van but one that may have been seen in the area around the time she was taken.

imo

They need to be a bit more specific about that...is it a MINI van (hundreds of them out there from the 90's when including the Dodge Caravan, Plymouth Voyager, and the actual Chrysler Town and Country) or is it a full size cargo van (far less in numbers)? Also, the mini van colors from that era and manufacturer are more in the silver paint tone than a grey....some people would not think of those as the "same" color at all.

jmoo

That's what I thought at first too but isn't that the BLUE van? Debs, I am so confused about this. LE had already processed the BLUE van, right? So why are they now looking for another van? Was Misty telling the truth about that but we assumed it was the BLUE van? Could she have been talking about this particular GREY van? I wonder who the owner is?

Just so many questions.

It looks sort of bluish grey to me.

imo

I'm getting ready for work and don't have much time. One report I read last night stated that a resident who lives very close to the search site told a reporter that LE has been canvassing the neighborhood asking for information on a light grey van that might've been spotted in the area recently. I'll try to find the link.

I found the link.

snipped from the article:

A resident on Shell Harbour Road, off County Road 309, south of the girl's Satsuma home, said officers had been searching in the area since overnight. The woman, who did not want to be named but said she has lived in the area about two years, said officers have gone door-to-door in the neighborhood, getting residents' names and asking if they have seen a newer model, gray van in the area.

"There must 25 vans and trucks," the woman said, describing the scene...

Another resident said officers were seeking information on a 1990s model Chrysler van.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419911/1402/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg&tc=ar

I'm getting ready for work and don't have much time. One report I read last night stated that a resident who lives very close to the search site told a reporter that LE has been canvassing the neighborhood asking for information on a light grey van that might've been spotted in the area recently. I'll try to find the link.

Yes, that was reported yesterday bessie.

She said the officers were going door to door asking all that lived in the neighborhood, where they are searching for Haleigh, if they had seen a grey van in the area.

The reporter did not elaborate on whether it was around the time that Haleigh went missing but it is just commonsense that would be the time frame they are wanting to know about. Unless police are thinking the suspect(s) have returned to the scene to make sure her body had stayed hidden.

imo

I found the link.

snipped from the article:

A resident on Shell Harbour Road, off County Road 309, south of the girl's Satsuma home, said officers had been searching in the area since overnight. The woman, who did not want to be named but said she has lived in the area about two years, said officers have gone door-to-door in the neighborhood, getting residents' names and asking if they have seen a newer model, gray van in the area.

"There must 25 vans and trucks," the woman said, describing the scene...

Another resident said officers were seeking information on a 1990s model Chrysler van.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419911/1402/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg&tc=ar

Thanks Bessie, I had just found the article!

It looks sort of bluish grey to me.

imo

I can't look for this link now, but Player (Ron's former neighbor) said a long time ago that van, the one with the blanket, was actually gray, but looked blue from a distance.

OMG, I am so late. Will be back this evening and praying all day that this the truth will come to light soon for little Haleigh.

I hope that is not the case:furious:

If this is true, then I would say that the media down there aint worth a D##@!

In my opinion "the media" have at times been our( and LE's ) worst enemy in this case. We count on them to bring us the latest info and keep these babies faces in the news, but I wish they would care less about scooping a story and more about preventing confirmed facts.

In my opinion "the media" have at times been our( and LE's ) worst enemy in this case. We count on them to bring us the latest info and keep these babies faces in the news, but I wish they would care less about scooping a story and more about preventing confirmed facts.

This just bugs the Hale out of me...I guess we would just have to be there ourselves.

Where has the media been all this time?

Yes, that was reported yesterday bessie.

She said the officers were going door to door asking all that lived in the neighborhood, where they are searching for Haleigh, if they had seen a grey van in the area.

The reporter did not elaborate on whether it was around the time that Haleigh went missing but it is just commonsense that would be the time frame they are wanting to know about. Unless police are thinking the suspect(s) have returned to the scene to make sure her body had stayed hidden.

imo
You're right. The reporter was not clear about the time frame. I interpreted it to mean recently, but I could very well be wrong.

Okay, flying out the door now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back