2010.04.14 - Today Show video, includes TN interview

It was another soft interview from Meredith. I hope TN didn't have to get up early to say absolutely nothing. One wonders why she gave the interview, given her position that LE has asked them not to say anything more at this time.

Yes, it seemed rather pointless, other than crying when talking about how hard it was on Ron.

And yet, there were over a dozen family members of Haleigh's in that meeting with LE yesterday. How can one determine that he is dealing with this all alone? What hubris.

Ron! At least he's safe and being taken care of by the jail, has access to nurses and probably a chaplain. If Haleigh's deceased, she had to face dying and no telling what all alone with no friends or family and definitely was not in a safe situation.

Just curious...I'm not trying to start anything but do they get paid for these short little interviews?

Also, I found it interesting that TN breaks down when Meredith asks how she holds onto hope that HaLeigh is alive. I really wonder if they found HaLeigh yesterday because TN was so emotional that she almost couldn't answer the question.

To be able to say how RC is having to deal with this by himself

Did anyone else want to scream from the side of the Today Show set, " Ron wouldn't be dealing with this "alone" had he been searching for his daughter and not become a drug dealer"?

Did anyone else want to scream from the side of the Today Show set, " Ron wouldn't be dealing with this "alone" had he been searching for his daughter and not become a drug dealer"?

what I wanted to yell would have been on the side of the set TN was sitting on. And I'm pretty sure (I've had to read them a few times) it would be against TOS to repeat them here, even if you asked so politely :)

I was screaming something not nearly as polite...or ladylike....or Christian....:blushing:

TN certainly didn't waste any time putting her face on national television, even after LE told her not to say anything more about the case at this time. Pointless interview. TN certainly knows how to cry on cue. Just more of the same, feel sorry for Ron and feel sorry for me.

Just curious...I'm not trying to start anything but do they get paid for these short little interviews?

Also, I found it interesting that TN breaks down when Meredith asks how she holds onto hope that HaLeigh is alive. I really wonder if they found HaLeigh yesterday because TN was so emotional that she almost couldn't answer the question.

No one gets paid for these interviews on Network TV. Nor do they get paid on Nancy Grace or JVM and shows of that nature.

When you see the Today Show go to a local reporter on the scene that person gets paid.

Networks get around this (as we have found out) by agreeing to buy the rights to certain pictures and videos.

TN has not made money off of any national interview unless it is a tabloid show and only then if they made an offer. It is not a given that people get paid for being on a tabloid show. Inside Edition would be considered a "tabloid show" although I feel they have really become a reliable source in the past years.

Another thing a network can do is fly people to the location ( in the Today's Show's case NYC) first class and pay their expenses. This is quite something for people who have nothing.

Sorry to get off track but I have been wanting to clear this up for sometime now.

TN is not getting money for doing network interviews or for appearing on Nancy Grace, JVM, and other cable shows. Money is not the motivation.

Thanks, Tricia. I didn't think that was the motivation...it was just something I had been wondering about for awhile & when this interview popped up it made me think of it again. I don't want anyone to think I was trying to start trouble. :)

What I don't understand is why Ron was brought into the same room as the rest of the family? Why does he get special treatment? He is in jail. Inmates do not get special treatment when something happens to their family members. He should've found out the same way Casey did. JMO. TN I have no sympathy for your son sitting in jail he was dealing drugs which hurts people and their families around them. Keep your nose clean and you will not be in jail. JMO

I don't think Ronald was brought over to be with his family....I think he was brought over to be interviewed. Just like Misty was.

If that's the case, I sure hope others noticed the videos of Misty I'd myself never seen before on this show this morning.

I was not sure if she was crying for Ron or because a river is being dredged for a body and now no one is thinking live child.

I'm not saying money is the only motivation here, but haven't we discussed TN's photos on NG having her watermark on them?

I find it strange that she has kept to herself since Ronald was arrested for the drug charges, but as soon as the finger is pointing toward another perp, she crawls back into the limelight.

Hey I wanted to post that but was afraid of getting a time out! Anyway, glad you posted it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back