1223 users online (237 members and 986 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Charges dropped against Texas woman who held sex toy 'Tupperware parties'

CLEBURNE, Texas (AP) - An obscenity charge has been dropped against a woman who received widespread attention when she was arrested for selling two sex toys to undercover police officers posing as a couple.

A judge dismissed the case against Joanne Webb, Johnson County Attorney Bill Moore said Friday in a statement. He said he asked the judge for the dismissal to prevent wasting county resources but didn't say when the dismissal occurred.

No one answered the phone at Moore's office Saturday morning.

Webb, a former Grade 5 teacher, started selling erotic toys and other adult products last year. The Passion Parties Inc. consultant hosts what she calls Tupperware-type parties for suburban housewives who feel more comfortable buying marital aids in a private home than at an adult bookstore or on the Internet.

Webb was arrested Nov. 13, about a month after the undercover officers approached her at her husband's business in Burleson, about 15 kilometres south of Fort Worth and bought two products. Had she been convicted of violating Texas obscenity law, she could have been sentenced to a year in jail.

Webb's lawyer, BeAnn Sisemore, said she and her client are pleased with the dismissal.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew...546991-ap.html

Thanks for that update Cass. I was wondering WHEN they would drop the charges. Geeeesssshhhhhh!!!!!!

Good thing I'm not in texas... If they saw what was in my drawers I'd be jailed for life

(but I've got NOTHING on Deputy Linda!)

LMAO I figured as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Good thing I'm not in texas... If they saw what was in my drawers I'd be jailed for life

i've heard stories about you canadian women! lol!

'a women is like a dresser, some one always runnin thru its drawers'.....from a song called 'four until late' by robert johnson, arranged by cream, fresh cream album.

Quote Originally Posted by lex
    i've heard stories about you canadian women! lol!

'a women is like a dresser, some one always runnin thru its drawers'.....from a song called 'four until late' by cream, fresh cream album.

You don't know the half of it Lex... we're the wildest women on the earth.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    You don't know the half of it Lex... we're the wildest women on the earth.
    hi blue!

Hey

Hey, isn't Texas the state that our president, Dubya, comes from? Maybe we should ask the first lady Laura B. what she thinks. Then again, maybe not. (Anybody seen Farenheit 9/11?)
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Quote Originally Posted by vicktor
    Maybe we should ask the first lady Laura B.
    Does the B stand for buzz ?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew

HEY!!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? just the usual accoutrement...handcuffs , baton, flashlight, what is so weird about that??

Quote Originally Posted by deputylinda
    HEY!!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? just the usual accoutrement...handcuffs , baton, flashlight, what is so weird about that??
    You left out the pepper spray, taser and siren

Typical

I keep out for a couple of days and the forum descends into umitigated smut !!

As I have explained to Mrs Hugh those things with batteries can't take the garbage out or cook the dinner, I will not besmirch the thread with her reply, the strumpet !!

'England confides that every man will do his duty'".

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh
    As I have explained to Mrs Hugh those things with batteries can't take the garbage out or cook the dinner, I will not besmirch the thread with her reply, the strumpet !!
    If they could do those things, men would be obsolete.

Humbling, isn't it?

Valaryn is offline For every 60 seconds of being angry you lose 1 minute of happiness.
    Are you talking about those things that have settings of low, medium and who needs a man?

Val
    All my posts, off base or on, are JMO, IMO and MHO only~It's why this great country has the First Amendment! It is my worth. It may be valued at more or less depending on your point of view.
    'If you believe everything you read, better not read.' -- Japanese Proverb

aids

Forget the things that buzz or vibrate, let's see the handcuffs.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast