2010.April - The search area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimster I think we need Concerned Papa on this one. I would like to see a map of several things (all on one map of course lol)

The search area
mh on green ln
GMS house
the area of the rose

just to name a few

In the meantime, there is a map in this article:

Divers Dig Underwater For Clues In Girl's Disappearance
http://www.wesh.com/news/23148823/detail.html

Divers are using special boxes to dig underwater, and they're facing difficult conditions.

"Dark. I mean there's no visibility," a diver said.

Kimster I think we need Concerned Papa on this one. I would like to see a map of several things (all on one map of course lol)

The search area
mh on green ln
GMS house
the area of the rose

just to name a few

One Map? Fugitaboutit!

Here's:

-A map showing the search area on Shell Harbor Road and it's proximity to other close points from this case

-A map showing that the present search is approximately half way between Green Drive and GGM's in Welaka

-A map showing 202 Green Drive and the search area where the plastic rose was found

Attachments

• HaleighShell.jpg
    HaleighShell.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Halfway.jpg
    Halfway.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 62
  • SearchArea.jpg
    SearchArea.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 62
Ooo... would love to compare with the dog following scent map if that's still around...

I find it so strange that the car chase (RC/CJ) began right down the street from the area that is being searched now. Is this a well traveled road in that area ?

Why is Magnolia Dr. marked on map 1? I can't remember why that st. keeps coming up. Thanks

Has anyone heard if they are searching today? It is almost 8 am have we heard if they are back out there?

All the area's being discussed are very close....this is not a large town....17 and 309 and main street....the area they are searching is roughly 5 miles by car and 2 miles by boat.

A place LE and I went to check out last year was 5 miles by car and 12 miles by boat...people who live there, like any residence of a town know the short cuts, the place we went and checked was Big Tree Road. It did not show up on mapquest and other sites....for along time then one day it appeared on Mapquest. They pulled out all of there maps( I was amazed at all the detailed maps they had of the County)....and I showed them exactly where this little strip road was.

PC drove me down to the end of the river and showed me a 15' alligator...

I am in bumping mode today lol. Bumping up this old thread..

This is something else that has bothered me. St.Johns river search in April 2010, LE said they had never searched that area.

Early on it was said that it was searched, Misty brought up the area last year as well. The so called Rose was in that area. The more I go back and re-read articles it seems to me that maybe Haleigh died in Lisa and Hank Sr.'s MH? That call that came in earlier that night from the Croslins home on Tyler.
The 911 transcript that says that Haleigh was seen 1-1 1/2 hrs prior to the 911 call from how I understood it.
So many unanswered question and so many "items of interest" that LE stated they found and later would say...oh it had nothing to do with the Haleigh case.
Am I the only one that finds it odd that the area of the St.John's river as been an area of interest since Feb 10, 2009 and LE said that the first time it was searched was in April 2010? LE sent TES home early on in the search as well...TES could of searched St.John's river while they were down there, why did LE wait? Or did they? Am I making any sense? LOL

Sheriff: Haleigh Likely Dead; Persons Of Interest Identified
River Search Continues Into 3rd Day; Items Recovered

POSTED: Thursday, April 15, 2010
Uncut Video: Sheriff Says Haleigh Likely Dead http://www.news4jax.com/video/23164556/index.html

"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/23160821/detail.html

Investigators said when they got the tip that led to the river, they were encouraged it would lead to something significant because it's a place they've never searched before, it's in a remote area and it's a logical place to get rid of something. Hardy called the location Thursday a possible crime scene.

Feb. 10, 2009

* More than 130 officers from at least 10 county, state and federal law enforcement agencies continue the search for Haleigh Cummings. They converge on Satsuma, population 5,500, located about 10 miles south of Palatka.

* The search includes helicopters, water units and bloodhounds, which are searching a 5-mile radius around the girl's home, including the banks of the St. Johns River, which is about 300 yards from the residence.

Feb. 11, 2009 -Divers check the St. Johns River

* The search continues for Haleigh with about 150 officers and 20 law enforcement agencies.

* Divers check the St. Johns River following initial signs of Haleigh's scent picked up by canine search dogs.

Feb. 13, 2009 -

* Investigators find several “items of interest” during a fresh search of the area near Haleigh Cummings’ home. They decline to specify what the items are and where they were found.

* Investigators announce they will conduct more interviews of relatives and others, including some re-interviews, but decline to list names or discuss results of polygraph tests.
Aug. 29, 2009 - http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419756?p=8&tc=pg

A search conducted by EquuSearch looks for clues of Haleigh but finds nothing, searchers say. Participants look in an area Croslin-Cummings talked about while taking tests to clear her name. She tells searchers to look for a red rose in a wooded area running from the St. Johns River east behind the house where the girl lived.

I believe the Shell Harbor area was not searched until April 2010. However, Ron told Cobra about the feeding of the alligators in that area and that it was a fave fishing spot of some/all of the Croslins. IMO, Ronald Cummings should have insisted the area be searched back when he supposedly first had suspicions about the area. He is the father of a missing child; he should have raised Holy Hell to get searches done in any area he felt suspicious about.

TES wanted it searched back then as well, even offered to do it or to assist. According to TM, LE told him to call off his searches and leave. IIRC TM made a statement as he was packing up to leave about things being not at all like they seemed.

Why did those who loved Haleigh not insist this area be searched in February 2009? In particular, her father, since he stated that he thought his daughter may have been put in the water there! (I am not Ron-bashing. I have given Ron the benefit of every possible doubt I can think of; his own behaviors/statements are what will not let me let go of his involvement in at least the cover-up.)

I believe the Shell Harbor area was not searched until April 2010. However, Ron told Cobra about the feeding of the alligators in that area and that it was a fave fishing spot of some/all of the Croslins. IMO, Ronald Cummings should have insisted the area be searched back when he supposedly first had suspicions about the area. He is the father of a missing child; he should have raised Holy Hell to get searches done in any area he felt suspicious about.

TES wanted it searched back then as well, even offered to do it or to assist. According to TM, LE told him to call off his searches and leave. IIRC TM made a statement as he was packing up to leave about things being not at all like they seemed.
Why did those who loved Haleigh not insist this area be searched in February 2009? In particular, her father, since he stated that he thought his daughter may have been put in the water there! (I am not Ron-bashing. I have given Ron the benefit of every possible doubt I can think of; his own behaviors/statements are what will not let me let go of his involvement in at least the cover-up.)

BBM - You must have been standing pretty close to me at the time because I heard the same thing. From that, my mind went to LE knowing that this was not a "missing" child, that things were suspicious even way back then.

This veers slightly from the April 2010 search topic here but ever since I learned Hank and Lisa (and Misty at times) were living at the Magnolia Ln. address at the time Haleigh went missing, I have believed that had that address been searched inside and out at that time, this case might have been solved early on.

I wonder if LE could find anything if they searched the Magnolia address now. Do we know if anyone is living there? Also, in the beginning when everyone was staying in tents, did Misty stay in a tent with Ron? IIRC, it was rumored that she had gone home to stay with her mother. Did she go back to the Magnolia residence and stay there? Is this when a neighbor saw her with a trash bag?

I wonder if LE could find anything if they searched the Magnolia address now. Do we know if anyone is living there? Also, in the beginning when everyone was staying in tents, did Misty stay in a tent with Ron? IIRC, it was rumored that she had gone home to stay with her mother. Did she go back to the Magnolia residence and stay there? Is this when a neighbor saw her with a trash bag?

Hi archenemy.. I believe she was a no show in the area for several days.. She herself stated she was told by LE not to go back down there..I'm guessing LE was referring to the area where the abuction allegedly took place..She did state she learned she was misinformed and she could go back down there.. So it is possible she was at her parents home during that time, since Tommy lived in the area where the investigation was going on...Either that or she was with Timmy and Chelsey...
I too would like to know just when exactly she was seen walking in the Shell Harbor area with a trash bag..

I don't know if the residence on Magnolia was searched in April during the search at Shell Harbor or not and don't know who is living there at this time but do recall reading that a relative of the Croslins owned that trailer... Don't know IF that is true or not, but I do remember hearing something about that being the case...JMHO

Hi archenemy.. I believe she was a no show in the area for several days.. She herself stated she was told by LE not to go back down there..I'm guessing LE was referring to the area where the abuction allegedly took place..She did state she learned she was misinformed and she could go back down there.. So it is possible she was at her parents home during that time, since Tommy lived in the area where the investigation was going on...Either that or she was with Timmy and Chelsey...
I too would like to know just when exactly she was seen walking in the Shell Harbor area with a trash bag..

I don't know if the residence on Magnolia was searched in April during the search at Shell Harbor or not and don't know who is living there at this time but do recall reading that a relative of the Croslins owned that trailer... Don't know IF that is true or not, but I do remember hearing something about that being the case...JMHO

BBM

I thought, IIRC, and that's a big if, Lisa and Hank, Sr. moved out of Magnolia right after his accident and moved in with TiC and Chelsea. Could the bag of trash been clean-up from that move?

Please don't get me wrong, I am NOT taking up for MC. I am just trying to make some sense of this horrible mess. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong