BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Man Charged With Raping Toddler

POSTED: 9:53 am EDT April 14, 2010
UPDATED: 1:21 pm EDT April 14, 2010

Police in Carroll County said 23-year-old Ryan Chad Gifford beat, raped and burned his girlfriend's 21-month-old daughter while the mother slept at his home in the 500 block of Yellow Lily Court on Saturday.

According to a police report, Gifford and the mother were drinking that night.

Gifford was arrested Sunday after the woman discovered the girl was injured and took her to Johns Hopkins Hospital, where she remains in intensive care.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/23146895/detail.html

Westminster man faces child abuse charges
Documents: Girl treated for injuries, examined for possible sexual abuse

An examination of the child at Carroll Hospital Center revealed fresh injuries to the child, including a swollen lip, dried and fresh blood in both ear canals and bruises on her face, according to court documents in the case.

snip

Neither Gifford nor the child's mother could explain the injuries during an initial interview with police, according to the documents.
According to the documents, the mother said Gifford had been drinking heavily Friday evening leading up to the discovery of the injuries.
The child and the mother spent the night at Gifford's apartment, and the mother told police there were no injuries on the child when she went to sleep that night, according to court documents.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/article_6f875132-4771-11df-b2bc-001cc4c002e0.html

Apr 14, 2010 12:33 pm US/Eastern
Man Accused Of Abusing & Burning Toddler

The mother tells police that she put her baby girl down to go to sleep at 10:30 p.m. in Gifford's bed. Then the couple walked to get alcohol. Police say Gifford drank a half gallon of white wine and became intoxicated before the couple went to sleep.

Court documents say the mother woke up to find Gifford locked in the bathroom with the little girl with the shower on. After loud knocking and screaming, he let her in. She says Gifford and the baby were both naked.

He said that the baby had "blood on her ears... [so he] gave her a shower" and he told the mother that "the baby was fussy and she had fallen down" to explain cuts, blood, swelling and bruises all over her body.

http://wjz.com/local/ryan.gifford.2.1630609.html

I just can't. I do not have it in me today.

oh no! No way mom slept threw this. that baby girl had to be screaming in pain. They were in an apartment.

Can someone please tell me what these men find sexually attractive about a baby????? I don't understand. Look at magazines...women get breast implants and workout to make there body appear toned and curvy because this is what men are suppose to find attractive. Why is it that all of a sudden it seems so many men, or actually I should call them monsters, are finding babies attractive and raping them....it MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

because there are many many sick humans walking the face of the earth.

"dried and fresh blood"

So does that mean something has happened in the past to this poor child as well? I wonder how old the dried blood was.

snip

"If convicted, Gifford could be sentenced to as much as 75 years in prison."

Is that all??? :furious::furious:

He should be raped, burned and sodomized too...:furious:

This absolutely makes me sick!! I'll never understand how "people" can do this to our little ones...I just don't understand!

oh no! No way mom slept threw this. that baby girl had to be screaming in pain. They were in an apartment.

And the baby had been put to bed in the boyfriend's bed. I don't want to think that mom went to sleep in the same bed, and that is where the assault of this precious little one occurred right next to her.

Why would you drink so much that you would sleep through your child's cries? Sounds like there's all kinds of problems in this family.

I'm just floored.

Westminster man accused of child sex abuse
Police say he raped, burned girlfriend’s toddler; child released from hospital

A Westminster man is accused of raping, beating and burning the 21-month-old daughter of his girlfriend while the mother slept nearby, according to charging documents filed in Carroll County.

Ryan Chad Gifford, 23, was arrested Sunday and charged with first- and second-degree assault and first- and second-degree child abuse after the girl's mother took her to a hospital for treatment of burns, a swollen face and extensive abrasions.

Gifford was being held at the Caroll County Detention Center in lieu of $500,000 bond after a bail review hearing Monday. If found guilty of the charges, he could face up to 75 years in prison.

The child was released Wednesday after treatment in the pediatric intensive-care unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, a spokeswoman there said

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/carroll/bs-md-child-abuse-arrest-20100413,0,2243264.story

Nothing that a nice shiny bullet in both kneecaps, groin and eventually chest would not take care of .....

I can't even imagine what a %^*$#* !!!!!!!!!

Police who went to the Westminster hospital to look into a report of child abuse secured a warrant to search Gifford's home. There they found a bloody T-shirt belonging to Gifford that had some of the child's blond hair attached, accord to the report.

"Blood was found on his bed, baby pack-and-play, baby's socks, and toilet seat," Cpl. William Burdt wrote in the report. "I told Gifford what we had found in his room and he stated, ‘Must have been her blood — I don't remember anything.' "

All this in his bed where the baby was put to sleep, in his room. Where was the mother sleeping?

More from the article. This is horrifying:

The woman told police she dried the girl, dressed her, put her to bed and went back to sleep. Yelton said she checked on the child about 8 a.m. and returned to bed. When she checked her again at 11 a.m., she noticed the baby's face was swollen. It was then that she took her to the hospital.

Once there, doctors discovered "multiple fresh injuries," the report said, including a swollen, cut upper lip, bruising on both cheeks, "random bruises and abrasions throughout her body," and marks on her chest and buttocks. Her right foot and left calf had been burned, and the big toe on her left foot had a "crush injury." In addition, she showed evidence of having been both raped and sodomized, the report said.

snip

"She's a little waiflike thing, a pretty little girl," Teeter said Tuesday.

i hope cps/dcfs/whatever has the baby. im sersiously gonna have a nervous breakdown this keeps up.

hang them both :(

i hope cps/dcfs/whatever has the baby. im sersiously gonna have a nervous breakdown this keeps up.

hang them both :(

This is beyond SICK. :furious:
And what is going on with the Mother? :banghead:
Drunk on wine. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Hang him high or throw him in general population. And keep that precious baby away from her Mother.

jmho

ok i can't take this anymore, these hideous crimes by boyfriends of mothers...it makes me sick...women with children allowing men into their childrens' lives whom they either know nothing about or know and still do it...I hardly know what to say or what can be enough justice in cases like this...

Agggggggh......eeeeeeeee.....grrrrrrrr

notice that the bio mom and this man she had to have left the toddler alone in the apt while they "walked to buy alcohol" or whatever....ugh

just bring your baby along , get drunk, shack up...and then pass out and whoops...

I hope this poor little girl was not released to go home with the so called mother

75 years for this waste of space?? uGH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back