Twa

kila1980

Reaction score
Hi I am a lurker but I have been going over this case for the last week or so. I was just wondering if anyone followed up to see if the passenger lists for TWA have been put onto microfilm yet in St. Louis? I am in the STL metro area and could go and look through them for you. Let me know if I can help with this.

Hi kila1980 Welcome to Annas forum! Always good to have new eyes here.

I pulled the most recent post regarding the archived TWA passenger lists.
Date didn't pull over but this was from last month. If you are near the library listed below and happen to be near there perhaps a visit in person might get a little more info or how we might go about searching a particular date range....

Dr. Doogie,

I hope you don't mind, I emailed the St. Louis Mercantile Library to find out about the TWA passenger lists which were to be archived. This is the email I received.

"The TWA Collection has still only been partially processed and at this time the finding aid does not contain any passenger lists. Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions or concerns."

Sincerely,

Curator, Special Collections

~~ This is disheartening information in that we thought/hoped that the TWA passenger existed and were to be archived. I wonder where they are and if they are accessible in the near future?

Does anyone have the date range we might be looking for?

thanks!

Okay that library is 20 mins from my home and about 5 mins from my work. If someone could get the dates I would be more than happy to run out there.

Okay that library is 20 mins from my home and about 5 mins from my work. If someone could get the dates I would be more than happy to run out there.

I would say January 1973 when Anna disappeared, anyone else?:crazy:

I would say January 1973 when Anna disappeared, anyone else?:crazy:

I think so. I am trying to recall. George Waters was not seen for 1-2 weeks after Anna went missing. So that would pretty much entail from January 16 through January 31st, 1973.

We should prolly not only check the name George Waters but the other names he was known to use which would be George Wolf or Wolfe and George Walters or Walter IIRC. Can someone confirm the known last names he used?

Also, I am thinking of the entire passenger list is not yet archived, perhaps the people at the library might be able to put us in contact with someone who can assist in checking those dates specifically since we can narrow them down rather than waiting. We can hope so.

I think so. I am trying to recall. George Waters was not seen for 1-2 weeks after Anna went missing. So that would pretty much entail from January 16 through January 31st, 1973.

We should prolly not only check the name George Waters but the other names he was known to use which would be George Wolf or Wolfe and George Walters or Walter IIRC. Can someone confirm the known last names he used?

Also, I am thinking of the entire passenger list is not yet archived, perhaps the people at the library might be able to put us in contact with someone who can assist in checking those dates specifically since we can narrow them down rather than waiting. We can hope so.

~ I am wondering if there is a list to archive as I understood them to say that there is no passenger list, does not contain passenger lists from TWA....j

~ Bringing up another question, would the Georges have used a Visa card for payments or cash? Wondering if VISA would have old lists of purchases, tho something tells me no....

SK

Thanks sidekick. I misread that thinking they did not yet archive passenger lists or it is unknown if passenger lists to archive exist. Can we confirm there are no pending passenger lists to be archived? Unless that is how you firmly understood it SK.

LE might be able to get visa or credit card records from back then, but I doubt regular folks like us would. If there were CC numbers in the BF other than gas cards it would not hurt to give them to the detective and ask if he can check for activity on that card during the last half of January. I know they always say they won't do something without new info, but a CC number they did not have in 1973 might be new info.... even if to just check the card if it was in existance in 73 and were airline tickets purchased on X card(s) during the last 2 weeks of 1973.

The purchase was on a TWA credit card - that is why we know that it was used for air travel.

The purchase was on a TWA credit card - that is why we know that it was used for air travel.

were say twa credit cards only used back then for air travel i know cc back in the 70s were not as huge as they were now. and almost all visa or master cards that are like a airline rewards program let you use the card anywhere to earn points not just for travel use

Thanks sidekick. I misread that thinking they did not yet archive passenger lists or it is unknown if passenger lists to archive exist. Can we confirm there are no pending passenger lists to be archived? Unless that is how you firmly understood it SK.

LE might be able to get visa or credit card records from back then, but I doubt regular folks like us would. If there were CC numbers in the BF other than gas cards it would not hurt to give them to the detective and ask if he can check for activity on that card during the last half of January. I know they always say they won't do something without new info, but a CC number they did not have in 1973 might be new info.... even if to just check the card if it was in existance in 73 and were airline tickets purchased on X card(s) during the last 2 weeks of 1973.

Cubby, no problem. "The TWA Collection has still only been partially processed and at this time the finding aid does not contain any passenger lists. Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions or concerns." Is a direct quote from the reply I received. I think I received the reply from my home computer which I will check, if so, I can shoot them off a question or two regarding the lists.

Which credit card company approves people back in the 70's? Is there a main credit check company in SF who did checked people's status?

Thanks Doogie! I had forgotten which card ....

Thanks Sidekick, I interpret that to mean the passenger lists are just not yet on the finder, not that they don't exist.

I think back then, each creditor approved their own... or the bank which provided the credit. Say, if Bank of America funded TWA's credit line....

Are you thinking along the lines of running a credit check kind of thing? Such as what Esperian or the others would do? If so, I don't know that they would have records going that far back if they were to allow a credit check on someone deceased. I know someone in the mortgage industry.. it won't hurt to ask....

you can run a free credit report on him at annualcreditreport.com all three buerau reports (Experian,Equifax,Transunion) are totally free (no strings attached). Every person is entitled to one free report per year from each reporting agency.....as far as him being deceased, IDK...not sure what happens to your credit when you die.

Thanks Doogie! I had forgotten which card ....

Thanks Sidekick, I interpret that to mean the passenger lists are just not yet on the finder, not that they don't exist.

I think back then, each creditor approved their own... or the bank which provided the credit. Say, if Bank of America funded TWA's credit line....

Are you thinking along the lines of running a credit check kind of thing? Such as what Esperian or the others would do? If so, I don't know that they would have records going that far back if they were to allow a credit check on someone deceased. I know someone in the mortgage industry.. it won't hurt to ask....

Hi Cubby,
Perhaps the lists do indeed exist, that is something to confirm. Yes, I wonder who approved TWA's credit line? In all due respect, I can come up with ideas, but I must say, I have no idea how to run a credit check on anyone. If you could ask the person you know in the mortgage industry, perhaps they have the tools to check.

Did we ever discuss George Water's passport? Would it be at all possible to have his checked? I know Mikie ordered Anna's and there were no changes IIRC :angel:

I'll rewrite this on the Wanek thread but wanted to know if anyone could try to contact Evelyn's living sister, get to the bottom of that, who knows what she may know!

Sunny Days

Hi,

Attached is a TWA Flight Schedule for 1962. First one is western flights, the second attachment is for eastern flights. On the schedule are flight numbers. I am wondering if GW wrote the flight number in Squibbs or elsewhere? This way we could match the country to the flight number.

PSA = Passenger Services Association

I clicked on History: Picked of all choices; January 15, 1973 departing from San Fran - landing in San Diego as all choices are within the western coast range to see the flight schedule.

Here is the link.

http://www.psa-history.org/flying/fast.php

Attachments

• tw62-07.jpg
    tw62-07.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 40
Hi,

Attached is a TWA Flight Schedule for 1962. First one is western flights, the second attachment is for eastern flights.

TWA Eastern flight attachment.

Attachments

• tw62-11.jpg
    tw62-11.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 30
Cubby? Do you think we need a TWA thread?

Just wondering....

Muah!

You can go ahead and start a TWA Thread. I will move the info over later after you start one.
Kind of busy or I would start one myself. thanks!

posts moved. I don't think we need to look at any flight lists outside of the last half of Jan 73 or the month and date that the tickets were on that CC statement.

Can someone refresh our memory what the dates or date was of the statement the TWA CC purchase was made?

Sorry the posts are out of order, they move in date order.

I was also thinking, even with the month the tickets were purchased, that does not tell us the dates of the flight... just that the tickets were purchased correct?

They could have been with any advance notice....
or purchased at the airport and flown the same day?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back