1395 users online (274 members and 1121 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Twa

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    OK, I have been here for quite sometime, if I wrote something 'wrong' please explain to me so I can learn from this. Who and why modsnipped my post?

Thank you!
    HI Sidekick. At the bottom of your edited post it will tell you which moderator moderated your post. Best course of action is to drop that moderator a note so as not to derail the thread. Thanks!

Maybe a little off topic, but I don't think passenger lists would exist for any means of or mass transportation. In another case I recently sent off for FOIA info seeking released jail inmates or booking information for a select few days in 1977. Those records or something similiar no longer existed - nothing found. It seems to me everything would be name or SS# based. As far as I recall Anna did not have a SS# yet (someone refresh my memory if I am inaccurate.) And I would have thought paper records of released inmates or booking still existed but no such luck.

I'm still trying to think of idea's for this TWA info. Since we know TWA flies nationally I'm not sure of what direction we might go with this . What can we really find? Maybe a list of cities that flew out of SF within 4-6 hours of Anna's disappearance but then what direction with that?

I'm still brain storming and I hope others are as well.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I called the toll free number at American Airlines today.

http://www.airlinetollfree.info/american-airlines

The only answer I was able to receive was that AA only keeps passenger lists up to 13 months. He said they didn't keep the TWA lists. Now.... who knows, this was an agent so either his answer was right and thorough or not. If anyone else wants to try to get more info be my guest.

Best, SK
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

I called the toll free number at American Airlines today.

http://www.airlinetollfree.info/american-airlines

The only answer I was able to receive was that AA only keeps passenger lists up to 13 months. He said they didn't keep the TWA lists. Now.... who knows, this was an agent so either his answer was right and thorough or not. If anyone else wants to try to get more info be my guest.

Best, SK

My guess is that might be the case due to homeland security. Probably a 'canned' answer or something they were taught in training.

I have some more idea's about TWA but since they are more general, I am going to add them to the refocus thread.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Thanks Doogie! I had forgotten which card ....

Thanks Sidekick, I interpret that to mean the passenger lists are just not yet on the finder, not that they don't exist.

I think back then, each creditor approved their own... or the bank which provided the credit. Say, if Bank of America funded TWA's credit line....

Are you thinking along the lines of running a credit check kind of thing? Such as what Esperian or the others would do? If so, I don't know that they would have records going that far back if they were to allow a credit check on someone deceased. I know someone in the mortgage industry.. it won't hurt to ask....

Did we ever find out if TWA funded their own credit cards or if it was a bank?

Quote Originally Posted by Skully View Post
    Okay, I wrote again and here is my reply.

Dear Ms.

The TWA collection is quite large and unfortunately there is no way to answer your question. You may want to contact American Airlines, who bought TWA, to see if they can assist with a passenger list. I wish you luck! If you have any additional questions feel free to email me or Charles Bxxxn (cbxxxxx@umsl.edu), who I am copying on this email.

Sincerely,
    Deborah

Deborah xxxxx
    Curator, Special Collections
    Research Services Librarian
    St. Louis Mercantile Library
    at the University of Missouri-St. Louis
    One University Blvd.
    St. Louis, MO 63121-4499
    (314) 516-7280
    (314) 516-7241 Fax
    xxxxxx@umsl.edu
    This person should be contacted by the cold case detective in charge of her case and a follow up done to see if, any records are still available to go through. You have a small time-frame to go through, so it wouldn't be hard to look into this.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

I Agee!
    So long ago now, I contacted the library only to to get a negative response as well.
    I wish a cold case Det or someone could look into this.
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

I Agee!
    So long ago now, I contacted the library only to to get a negative response as well.
    I wish a cold case Det or someone could look into this.
    If Anna still has a cold case detective assigned to her case, the family can call a request this be done and why. I read the book, I was here on line for while reading and looking into things a few yrs back. I still feel this is a good lead for this case. Don't assume someone is looking at a cold case, don't assume they have checked this out or know about this. You have to be heard. They want any thing that would help, a good detective will jump on any lead and see it to the end.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6