GUILTY CT - Elizabeth Gough Heath, 32, found slain in cistern, Newtown, 6 April 1984

bugaboo

Reaction score
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/Possible-Human-Remains-Found-In-Newtown-90896654.html

Possible human remains were found under a house in Newtown on Wednesday. It looks like the new homeowners were renovating. The M.E. is going to be examining the bones today, most likely. The news states there is an open missing person case from back in the 80s that originated AT THAT ADDRESS! Wow. The Doe Network shows one from Newtown, and she was going through a divorce. That would be awful if her body was there the whole time.

Elizabeth Gough Heath

Circumstances of Disappearance
Elizabeth was reported missing by her husband on April 6, 1994, though she was last seen by her husband on April 4, 1984. No one else has seen her since April 1, 1984.
Elizabeth and her husband were in the process of getting a divorce.
Elizabeth has been described as a dedicated parent and her turning up missing is very unusual. Elizabeth did not take any of her clothing and she didn’t use any motor vehicles.
It was reported that she may have taken $600 in cash from her home, however, no note was left by Elizabeth to explain her disappearance.

Wow, I immediately thought of the Elizabeth Gough Heath case but now the second link is bringing in the possibility of another case, Mary Badaracco. Doe also recently posted another case from the 1980s that took place in Newtown, Edward Dubbs. Lots of missing people for such a small town.

Didnt Heath's husband own the property until 2007?

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-badaracco-newtown-bones-0415,0,6010085.story

Newtown police said the 1984 missing person case of Mary Badaracco was tied to the address where the remains were discovered. Badaracco's daughter, Beth Profeta, has said her mother disappeared in August 1984 shortly after moving from Danbury to Sherman. Badaracco was 38 when she vanished, leaving behind her car keys and a wedding ring on the kitchen counter of her home

What does it mean, tied to the address?

Yes, this is the part that confused me as well. It seems depending on the source this house either has a connection to Badaracco or Heath.

I'm sure once this gets straightened out, this will be a fairly easy case for LE to solve, but perhaps right now it's so new the papers are still getting their stories straight.

I believe the connection to the property refers to Heath. However, they did search a property in Newtown (Farrell Rd.) in connection with Badaracco's disappearance. The article I posted from the patch, shows the property was once owned by John Heath.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/Possible-Human-Remains-Found-In-Newtown-90896654.html

Possible human remains were found under a house in Newtown on Wednesday. It looks like the new homeowners were renovating. The M.E. is going to be examining the bones today, most likely. The news states there is an open missing person case from back in the 80s that originated AT THAT ADDRESS! Wow. The Doe Network shows one from Newtown, and she was going through a divorce. That would be awful if her body was there the whole time.

Elizabeth Gough Heath

Circumstances of Disappearance
Elizabeth was reported missing by her husband on April 6, 1994, though she was last seen by her husband on April 4, 1984. No one else has seen her since April 1, 1984.
Elizabeth and her husband were in the process of getting a divorce.

Elizabeth has been described as a dedicated parent and her turning up missing is very unusual. Elizabeth did not take any of her clothing and she didn’t use any motor vehicles.
It was reported that she may have taken $600 in cash from her home, however, no note was left by Elizabeth to explain her disappearance.

What I want to know is why did it take 10 years to report her missing? Is that information correct?

Wow, I immediately thought of the Elizabeth Gough Heath case but now the second link is bringing in the possibility of another case, Mary Badaracco. Doe also recently posted another case from the 1980s that took place in Newtown, Edward Dubbs. Lots of missing people for such a small town.

Mary Badaracco went missing from Sherman, CT.

"The homeowner said when the boards and cement were removed, garbage bags full of bedding and a femur were found. When police arrived, they said more bones were found and that an entire human skeleton had been located on Thursday afternoon.

"Upon examination it was determined remains were human and upgraded to a homicide investigation," said Lt. George Sinko of the Newtown Police Department.

Neighbors told Eyewitness News they know little about the home's owners, who purchased the house in 2007.

The former owner of the home is John Heath, whose wife, Elizabeth Gough Heath, disappeared in 1984. John Heath now lives in Bridgewater. The Heaths were in the process of divorce when Elizabeth disappeared, according to court documents. John Heath left the property in 2005 when the bank foreclosed on the home.

"They left in the middle of the night, just suddenly left, a bunch of people living there suddenly gone," said neighbor Suzanne Letso.

Police did not say whether they were looking for John Heath, or if they had already made contact with him."

MORE HERE:
http://www.wfsb.com/news/23159258/d...rt_break&ts=T&tmi=hart_break_1_02230104152010

There's no question that John Heath killed her & disposed her body secretly until someone discover the skeleton. Women are getting killed by ex-husbands for being divorce & custody of children. John, your freedom & dark secret is over.

Yerah-that is a long time before reporting her missing, but quite conveniant to having her declared dead...insurance policy I wonder??

Those poor children...

The news probably just looked at the state police's cold case site and picked up on Badaracco. They went for the first name they found. Reporters don't even dig anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back