Accident or Intentional; Evidence and Debate(MERGED)

Do you think ICA killed Caylee on purpose or by accident?

• On purpose...

Votes: 230 87.8%
  • It was an accident..

Votes: 32 12.2%

• Total voters

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Let's continue discussion from the [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80908]evidence against accident thread[/ame]. The conversation is good the debate is lively but the thread is too long.

hahha let's try this again.

I think we can all agree that Casey was not a good mother, that she didn't do things for Kaylee the way we would, that she had a really weird upbringing, and all that. And, I know, I know, you all think the duct tape means murder, I just couldn't go death penalty yet. I guess I will have to wait until the trial and see if the state has something we haven't heard yet. I am not feeling sorry for her, just gotta prove it to me.

OT In regards to Astrea's last post..when I tell my husband what goes on here at websleuths he says why dont they just get a rope who needs a trial. Anyway I too was lurking and reading a long time before posting, out of fear really. I'm glad your here. I made a post in regards to Cindy saying Casey was unfit and the thread was closed I think you'll appreciate it if you want to go back and read it.

As to Casey being a "loving mother". I am kind of reminded of Ted Bundy. Everyone that knew Ted thought he was an up standing guy. Ann Rule a former police officer who wrote a book on Ted pretty much says the same. It wasn't until his trial that she realized the true monster he was. Yet many of Ted's family members can recall incidents of disturbing behavior. It should also be noted that Ted was a compulsive thief.

A few notes on female serial killers from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer#Female_serial_killers

1. An analysis of 86 female serial killers from the U.S. found that the victims tended to be spouses, children or the elderly.

2. They commit killings in specific places, such as their home

3. The most common motive identified was material gain.

4. The methods they use for murder are covert or low-profile

5. In a study of 105 female serial killers, the preferred method of killing was poisoning.

1. Caylee was Casey's child, 2. The body was found near the home and cadaver dogs hit at the home, 3. Casey made comments about getting her parents house and went on shopping sprees after Caylee was "missing", 4. Computer searches for chloroform, house hold weapons, and neck braking, 5. Duct Tape and chloroform are suspected as "weapons" in this case.

I'm not saying Casey is a serial killer.....but......... I certainly think it points to this killing being intentional over an accident.

ohiogirl said:
I think we can all agree that Casey was not a good mother, that she didn't do things for Kaylee the way we would, that she had a really weird upbringing, and all that. And, I know, I know, you all think the duct tape means murder, I just couldn't go death penalty yet. I guess I will have to wait until the trial and see if the state has something we haven't heard yet. I am not feeling sorry for her, just gotta prove it to me.

What about the evidence we have seen so far leaves you with doubts?

As to Casey being a "loving mother". I am kind of reminded of Ted Bundy. Everyone that knew Ted thought he was an up standing guy. Ann Rule a former police officer who wrote a book on Ted pretty much says the same. It wasn't until his trial that she realized the true monster he was. Yet many of Ted's family members can recall incidents of disturbing behavior. It should also be noted that Ted was a compulsive thief.

A few notes on female serial killers from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer#Female_serial_killers

1. An analysis of 86 female serial killers from the U.S. found that the victims tended to be spouses, children or the elderly.

2. They commit killings in specific places, such as their home

3. The most common motive identified was material gain.

4. The methods they use for murder are covert or low-profile

5. In a study of 105 female serial killers, the preferred method of killing was poisoning.

1. Caylee was Casey's child, 2. The body was found near the home and cadaver dogs hit at the home, 3. Casey made comments about getting her parents house and went on shopping sprees after Caylee was "missing", 4. Computer searches for chloroform, house hold weapons, and neck braking, 5. Duct Tape and chloroform are suspected as "weapons" in this case.

I'm not saying Casey is a serial killer.....but......... I certainly think it points to this killing being intentional over an accident.

John Wayne Gacy another one all kinds of pictures with children he was a clown out for hire (not joking he really was) He was an involved community member and seemed to love children. Killed a bunch of young men (teens). You just know who they are all of the time, some of them live seemingly normal lives.

Good mothers do not give their children drugs to go to sleep so they can party. They get a babysitter!

Narcisists do not love anyone but themselves. They are first all the time, every time...JMHO

I don't want her to die, I want her to spend the rest of her sorry life behind bars with NO CHANCE FOR PAROLE! The DP is too easy, not enough suffering, IMO. I want her to know the things she's missing out on. I want her to feel the heartache of not being loved, never to be married, never to have another child..I think a LWOP would be the best for this party hearty gal..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

What about the evidence we have seen so far leaves you with doubts?

Thats just it some are basing their conclusion on what we have seen so far. It will be interesting to see what comes at trial out that we dont know about. I would like to be fully informed before I decide. IMO

I don't want her to die, I want her to spend the rest of her sorry life behind bars with NO CHANCE FOR PAROLE! The DP is too easy, not enough suffering, IMO. I want her to know the things she's missing out on. I want her to feel the heartache of not being loved, never to be married, never to have another child..I think a LWOP would be the best for this party hearty gal..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

If she is guilty I feel the same..

nort said:
Thats just it some are basing their conclusion on what we have seen so far. It will be interesting to see what comes at trial out that we dont know about. I would like to be fully informed before I decide. IMO

I want to see what is not seen too. Why do you think we haven't seen anything from the defense that helps Casey?

It seems to me that "fully informed" is an illusion in this case. Decisions will have to be made on an opinion of the relevance of evidence presented as there is no picture or actual witness to the crime.

From what I have seen, I find it hard to believe anyone thinks KC may be innocent. Her actions after the fact do not in any way suggest either accident, or innocence, IMO.

Astraea said:
I am sorry, but as a university grad in sociology and political science, as well as a college law graduate, I took many MANY psych classes where nature vs nurture was debated heavily. I would like to know what research YOU have came across that states this as a FACT? I for one think we are animals, as such I, (as well as MANY who study this topic for a living) believe in NATURE and INSTINCT. I take issue with the comment ALL CREDIBLE research shows this
From the other thread...
And yet, even though I'm not a sociology, law, or poly sci grad, I can name two example off the top of my head of animal species where the mothers eat their young, and the young cannot be placed with adults of the species until they have matured: 1)polar bears, and 2) chickens. So, as far as the argument that being a good mother is nature/instinctual vs. nurture, I beg to differ. Some animals receive training from surrogates of their same species by animal trainers in zoos to teach them how to be good mothers.
Being able to have a child (fertility) does not endow you automatically with the ability to be a good mother or bond with your child. Otherwise, how do you explain other mothers that have intentionally killed their children: Susan Smith, Diane Downs, Andrea Yates???

It seems to me that "fully informed" is an illusion in this case. Decisions will have to be made on an opinion of the relevance of evidence presented as there is no picture or actual witness to the crime.

From what I have seen, I find it hard to believe anyone thinks KC may be innocent. Her actions after the fact do not in any way suggest either accident, or innocence, IMO.

But surely there will be another side. Experts for the defense that will argue about everything from the phone pings to the posining to the duct taping. I would just want to hear that side of it before I put her death or to jail for the rest of her life. Just because today I have not heard anything that defends her doesnt mean that I wont.

Justice for Caylee

A little OT but...

Actually once again I'm reminded of Ted Bundy and other psychopaths that kill. Casey will adapt in prison. I believe her letters are a great example of this. Prison will put a bit of a damper on her sexual desires as seen in the letters talking about men, but for the most part prison will be easy for her and her letters show that imho.

Just tossing this out there.

Hare Psychopathy checklist:

Factor 1
Aggressive narcissism

1. Glibness/superficial charm
2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
3. Pathological lying
4. Cunning/manipulative
5. Lack of remorse or guilt
6. Emotionally shallow
7. Callous/lack of empathy
8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2
Socially deviant lifestyle

1. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
2. Parasitic lifestyle
3. Poor behavioral control
4. Promiscuous sexual behavior
5. Lack of realistic, long-term goals
6. Impulsiveness
7. Irresponsibility
8. Juvenile delinquency
9. Early behavioral problems
10. Revocation of conditional release

Traits not correlated with either factor

1. Many short-term marital relationships
2. Criminal versatility

I want to see what is not seen too. Why do you think we haven't seen anything from the defense that helps Casey?

I cant answer for them but I do know they will have to say something at trial so I'd like to hear it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back