Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Discovery doc dump - April 14

  1. #1

    Discovery doc dump - April 14

    Here comes the first of the discovery.

    Records: Jarred Harrell tells cops he was at Gano Avenue home day Somer Thompson vanished
    Harrell's mother said she was also with him, though timelines differ
    Posted: April 15, 2010 - 5:03pm

    Jarred Harrell, charged with the Oct. 19 kidnapping and slaying of Somer Thompson, told police he was at the Gano Avenue home the afternoon investigators said she was killed there, according to dozens of pages of police reports and other records released this afternoon.

    Read jacksonville.com and Friday's Times-Union for more.

    http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...home-day-somer

    If I might suggest the way we do it in Caylee's case, which is to have a general thread for the doc dump like this one for each doc dump, giving links to the documents as they're released, and general comments on what can be found in the docs, and then start threads to discuss the details of the different information in the release.

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    630
    The records show detectives first interviewed Harrell on Oct. 30 in Somer's case. He allowed them to search the home and property, but they spotted nothing suspicious.
    Harrell said he had been with his mother between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on the day Somer disappeared, including time they spent at the home helping her back for a move to Callahan. Somer was last seen in the neighborhood about 2:45 p.m.

    Harrell's mother, Annis Dailey, told police she was with him, apparently at the home, between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., the records show. She said they left together, gassed up their vehicles, had dinner at a McDonald's and split up about 5:30 p.m. In a jail call between them months later in Mississippi, Dailey told her son she would provide him an alibi in Somer's case.

    So his mom provided an alibi for him on Oct. 30th then. They looked at JH that far back, I can see how police might have been really stumped with his own mother saying she was with him! I am really wondering now if she suspected her son after Somer went missing, and confronted him about it. Twisted mom decided to try and save her even more twisted POS son and they set up a story together?That would mesh with her saying "remember I am your alibi" in the jailhouse visit.

  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dar107 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    They added more to the article!

    The records include some exchanges between detectives and Harrell after his Feb. 11 arrest in Mississippi. At one point, Harrell agrees to view a pornographic picture of a girl and said he recognized her from a Web site.

    "Jarred Harrell realized that he was admitting to having viewed child pornography and changed the subject," the records state.

    Harrell freely spoke to detectives about the charges he faced during his ride from Mississippi to Clay County and when he arrived, but summaries of those discussions are redacted.

    The records offer some insight into work done in the child pornography case, which has been the subject of some criticism since Harrell wasn't charged in that until well after Somer was killed. Beseler has said plenty of work needed to be done before an arrest in the child pornography case.

    The records show that Harrell claimed one of his roommates, who kicked him out over a theft allegation, could have set him up by downloading the pornography onto his computer. One of the roommates gave inexplicably deceptive responses when asked during a polygraph if he transferred pornography onto Harrell's computer, the records show.

    Among the other records released Thursday were entries Harrell and his friends made on his Myspace.com page. Under his profile, he said he drinks, smokes and is undecided about having children. He lists horror flicks among his favorite movies and CSI among his favorite TV shows. Of books, he wrote, "I don't read much."

    Harrell's last login was on Nov. 12, more than three weeks after Somer's death. He lists his mood as tired.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by dar107 View Post
    The records show detectives first interviewed Harrell on Oct. 30 in Somer's case. He allowed them to search the home and property, but they spotted nothing suspicious.
    Harrell said he had been with his mother between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on the day Somer disappeared, including time they spent at the home helping her back for a move to Callahan. Somer was last seen in the neighborhood about 2:45 p.m.

    Harrell's mother, Annis Dailey, told police she was with him, apparently at the home, between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., the records show. She said they left together, gassed up their vehicles, had dinner at a McDonald's and split up about 5:30 p.m. In a jail call between them months later in Mississippi, Dailey told her son she would provide him an alibi in Somer's case.

    So his mom provided an alibi for him on Oct. 30th then. They looked at JH that far back, I can see how police might have been really stumped with his own mother saying she was with him! I am really wondering now if she suspected her son after Somer went missing, and confronted him about it. Twisted mom decided to try and save her even more twisted POS son and they set up a story together?That would mesh with her saying "remember I am your alibi" in the jailhouse visit.
    Will they be able to use the jail cell calls during the trial?
    IMHO the jury really needs to hear the 'I am your alibi' statement.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KAE For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by KAE View Post
    Will they be able to use the jail cell calls during the trial?
    IMHO the jury really needs to hear the 'I am your alibi' statement.
    I believe they will be able to use the tapes. I do not think there is any confidentiality in jailhouse phone calls. If this mother was/is trying to give a false alibi, I hope she is charged to the fullest extent. Obstructing justice in the murder of a child, utterly despicable.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dar107 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Documents: Jarred Harrell Home When Somer Disappeared
    Clay County Sheriff, State Attorneys Office Releases 119 Pages Of Documents
    POSTED: Thursday, April 15, 2010

    Article: http://www.news4jax.com/news/23167253/detail.html

    Video: http://www.news4jax.com/video/23167993/index.html

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    New Jarred Harrell documents released

    Last Update: 8:04 am

    http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content...TGA.cspx?rss=1

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    I'm very disappointed. I've done quite a bit of digging and searching today, and was unable to find the actual documents anywhere. I'll keep looking over the next several days in case somebody posts them somewhere.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,575
    Are there any links to the documents themselves? Or just articles and videos talking about the documents?
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    Are there any links to the documents themselves? Or just articles and videos talking about the documents?
    See my post above yours

  20. #11
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,575
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    See my post above yours
    LOL, I promise it wasn't there when I started looking for documents and replying. Sorry.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:


  22. #12
    I'm going to spend some time tomorrow emailing the reporters on the articles and see if I can get one to post them or send me a copy.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  24. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,769
    I saw that article on Friday and was sure they'd be available by now.

  25. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    630
    I was wondering the same as you all, where do we find the original docs?

  26. #15
    Snufamonbobball's Avatar
    Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In the cat's condo
    Posts
    796
    I bumped into his arrest report for Somer's murder earlier today.
    It's basically a narrative of what happened the day Somer went missing, but much of it has been redacted. It does give the time of the offense as 5:06pm. It's interesting if nothing else, and it's really nice to see at the bottom of the document where it says THIS CASE IS CLEARED BY ARREST.

    http://www.scribd.com/full/28994823?...ou5lgvoa97tfn8
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snufamonbobball For This Useful Post:


  28. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    I bumped into his arrest report for Somer's murder earlier today.
    It's basically a narrative of what happened the day Somer went missing, but much of it has been redacted. It does give the time of the offense as 5:06pm. It's interesting if nothing else, and it's really nice to see at the bottom of the document where it says THIS CASE IS CLEARED BY ARREST.

    http://www.scribd.com/full/28994823?...ou5lgvoa97tfn8
    If it is 5:06 indeed, Sheriff said that she wasn't in the house for long. It was very quick.

    That does not sound quick, to me. A couple of hours?

    Was the mother there then as well, as the alibi is until 5:30?

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to human For This Useful Post:


  30. #17
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,575
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    If it is 5:06 indeed, Sheriff said that she wasn't in the house for long. It was very quick.

    That does not sound quick, to me. A couple of hours?

    Was the mother there then as well, as the alibi is until 5:30?
    We have discussed this before and we realized that 5:06 pm was the time the report was made, not when the actual crime occured.
    If you look at the MPR, the time on it is 5:06 pm.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom

  31. #18
    Snufamonbobball's Avatar
    Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In the cat's condo
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    We have discussed this before and we realized that 5:06 pm was the time the report was made, not when the actual crime occured.
    If you look at the MPR, the time on it is 5:06 pm.
    Duh- I can't believe I didn't remember that!
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

  32. #19
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,575

    Re: Discovery doc dump - April 14

    I thought the same thing when I first saw it and wondered how they would know the exact time was 5:06.

    I think it was Noway that pointed out the fact the time on the MPR was 5:06.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom

  33. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,769
    None of the information should be construed as fact. It is simply statements made by the people involved and reported by the media or by law enforcement in various police documents.

    Moved time line to it's own thread.
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102176"]October 19 Timeline - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]


    Last edited by Noway; 04-20-2010 at 08:37 PM.

  34. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    630
    I find the whole alibi from his mom very fishy. I don't believe she was there that day. I don't know whether to think she knew something or just can't beleive her son capable of this and is trying to protect him by giving him an alibi, but I think she lied to the police on Oct. 30, then reminded JH in the jailhouse visits that she was his alibi.

  35. #22
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    The time frame for JH pulling this off gets tighter and tighter. (Note: The times below do not include Somer being seen by boy near tanks, being seen by CS near Gano and Grove Park, or her conversation with Kyle at 1080 Gano.)

    2:45 p.m. Somer last seen by siblings.

    3:10 p.m. Abby and Sam arrive home. Abby is sent to look for Somer (MPR).

    3:15 p.m. Somer seen in yard at 1152 with hands on face.

    3:25 p.m. Abby returns and is told to continue looking (MPR).

    3:30-4:30 p.m. Annis Dailey at 1152.

    4:30 p.m. Jarred Harrell and Annis Dailey leave 1152, put gas in vehicles and eat at McDonalds.

    5:06 p.m. Approximate time Diena flags down officer at Gano and Floyd Circle.

    5:30 p.m. Annis Dailey and Jarred Harrell part company.

    ____ p.m. CCSO sets up command center at OPAA (across from 1080 Gano)
    Good job once again Noway...but, I have a question.
    Is the info on AD and JH's whereabouts on this day coming from them?
    If so, maybe we can indicate that in the timeline so it does not look like they are facts, but rather the perp & his mom's accounts. KWIM

    If someone was to come in and read this for the first time, not familiar with the case, they may think those things DID happen, and I think we all kinda know they most likely did not if they are coming from AD and JH.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:


  37. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    Good job once again Noway...but, I have a question.
    Is the info on AD and JH's whereabouts on this day coming from them?
    If so, maybe we can indicate that in the timeline so it does not look like they are facts, but rather the perp & his mom's accounts. KWIM

    If someone was to come in and read this for the first time, not familiar with the case, they may think those things DID happen, and I think we all kinda know they most likely did not if they are coming from AD and JH.
    Kimberly, none of it is fact.

    It's only as reported by the media. Some is from a more reliable source ... but then, that's only if you consider the MPR a reliable source ... because then some of that information changed in the arrest records.

  38. #24
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Kimberly, none of it is fact.

    It's only as reported by the media. Some is from a more reliable source ... but then, that's only if you consider the MPR a reliable source ... because then some of that information changed in the arrest records.
    Ok, I just had not seen the info on the times for JH and his Mother's whereabouts that day. That's why I was wondering.
    Sorry, I must have missed an article about that. Will go look.

    Thanks again Noway.

    ETA: I had seen the times they gave before, but not the McDonald's thing. I guess that's how I got confused.
    Last edited by Kimberlyd125; 04-20-2010 at 08:17 PM.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:


  40. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dar107 View Post
    I was wondering the same as you all, where do we find the original docs?
    Sorry I still haven't been able to get a copy. I'm still trying though.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 10.20.09 Doc. Dump
    By daisy7 in forum Byrd and Melanie Billings
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 05:03 PM
  2. 2009.05 Document Release
    By KDB in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 08:47 AM
  3. 2009.04.06 Document Release: Any Bombshells?
    By Imbackon in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 08:12 PM
  4. 2009.03.20 Document Release
    By TakeNote in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 361
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 05:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •