Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 3

Thread 2

Thread 1

Friendly Reminders:

This is a Victim-friendly board. That means we show respect to the Victim and his/her family members and friends. Rumors and suspicions regarding the sister in this case need to be posted with care. That means NO full names, initials only. It also means outrageous and/or completely unsubstantiated claims will be removed. That does not mean you can not theorize - it means you must be respectful in your theories until LE or main stream media provide facts to corroborate your theories.

Rumors are rumors - no matter where they come from. If you want to post as someone close to the family or with inside knowledge of the case, you MUST contact Tricia at: Tricia Griffith tgrif@xmission.com

Send Tricia an email and let her know how you are connected.

Terms of Service can be found here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

In this forum, you will find other useful tips and tricks for staying within the terms of service.

Also, all photos must give credit to the photographer/media outlet unless it is a personal, private photo, in which case, you need to state that it is your personal photo.

If you have any questions, please let me or one of the other moderators know and we will do our best to answer them for you.

Thanks,

Salem

Also:
Hey Everybody - HEADS UP - sleuthing of Kathy's sister will no longer be allowed. She is to be treated as a family member of the victim.

This article: http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/7413974/ says that DNA has cleared family members. So at least for the moment, it does not appear as if DH is a POI or suspect.

Remember, we treat victims, their family and friends with respect.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Salem

I'm quoting my own post to get your attention.

We have conflicting reports coming from the media. This article (posted earlier by one of the posters in this this thread) http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local...uled_out_in_taft_murder_investigation/130533/

says the reporter contacted LE and NO ONE has been cleared. However, we still have the issue of the male DNA and possible sexual assault. So.... you MAY sleuth inconsistencies in the media reports, interviews, LE statements and the 911 calls - please provide links.

Please do NOT bash or trash any family members. Keep your theories and speculation respectful of the victim's family.

And last, but not least: Please remember to treat your fellow posters with respect. If you want to make a comment that is intended to be funny, please use a smiley or something, so that everyone knows it is supposed to be funny. Otherwise a mod might not understand and might delete your post.

Thank you for your continued and dedicated efforts to Kathy and her family.

Salem

when we look at the search warrants....kathy's cell phone is missing, correct? who would take a cell phone? :detective: an immature adult, if it was a blackberry or other smartphone...i will check the warrants again to see what else is missing from the warrants that we would expect to be there....:beamup:

My understanding is that there is the statement from K that at some point during the night she noticed the back door was unlocked so she locked it. I am also reading theories about who may have been using the house while JG was gone because the door(s) was often left unlocked. Where did we get the info that JG's door(s) were frequently left unlocked? Hope I am not asking a question that has been already discussed.

Thought I have been keeping up, but if I am being redundant then please ignore my question and I will take it as a sign I need to go back into the threads and read more closely!

If you want an insiders look into the major crimes division of RPD and how Colin Willoughby's office operates, buy Amanda Lamb's new book on the Stephanie Bennett murder...raped and murdered by a peeping tom (he was a chemist in a state lab)

Amazon.com: Evil Next Door: The Untold Stories of a Killer Undone by DNA (9780425233344): Amanda Lamb: Books

51%2BVdWFG%2BGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
.jpg

when we look at the search warrants....kathy's cell phone is missing, correct? who would take a cell phone? :detective: an immature adult, if it was a blackberry or other smartphone...i will check the warrants again to see what else is missing from the warrants that we would expect to be there....:beamup:

Laces, KT's purse was seized....perhaps the cell phone was inside?

if the cell phone was in the purse would it be listed separately.

also, again, i wonder why pain meds not listed in SW -however "medicine pill dividers" were.

and also in SW - the word trace tapping - IMO should be trace taping

if the cell phone was in the purse would it be listed separately.

also, again, i wonder why pain meds not listed in SW -however "medicine pill dividers" were.

and also in SW - the word trace tapping - IMO should be trace taping

Nothing from her purse was listed separately, as expected.
Sounds like her meds were in the pill box "dividers".
Maybe pill bottles in plain view were stolen ?

Trace tape is placed underground beside.. plastic pipes, fiber optic cable. Why? so the tech can find the plastic and cables

I'll see if I can find out about the trace tappings.

If it were an immature, teen, then why not take the valuables, like the purse, laptop, etc.?

Medical people always say to take whatever meds you are taking with you to the E.R. The treating doctors need to know what you are taking in order to treat you. I think the Parametics probably took those with them when they took her to the hospital.

Regarding the vehicles: I wonder if they checked the tire irons to see if they were still intact in the vehicles.

CAn someone please confirm that there was a link here, kind of early on, that showed the police calls within the city of Raleigh. Do you have any idea how I can find it. I forgot what it is called.

snipped:

My understanding is that there is the statement from K that at some point during the night she noticed the back door was unlocked so she locked it. I am also reading theories about who may have been using the house while JG was gone because the door(s) was often left unlocked. Where did we get the info that JG's door(s) were frequently left unlocked? Hope I am not asking a question that has been already discussed.

Coco,

I also may have missed some things along the way, but I do not recall a statement about noticing a back door that was unlocked that she (i.e. DH, not K) then locked.

The first reference I recall about the possibility of Glenwood Grille employees using the empty house as a place to hang out was in yesterday's thread; a poster said it was the opinion of a friend who was described as a super sleuth.

I then began to wonder if perhaps JG, who was a regular at GG, had asked one or more of the employees to keep an eye on his house while he was away for an extended time, probably paying them for doing so. I can't imagine that he would leave his house unlocked for weeks at a time with no one to look after it, and I don't recall how that info was acquired.

Other theories here have suggested that perhaps a "squatter" had been staying in the house.

MOO.

snipped:

Coco,

I also may have missed some things along the way, but I do not recall a statement about noticing a back door that was unlocked that she (i.e. DH, not K) then locked.

The first reference I recall about the possibility of Glenwood Grille employees using the empty house as a place to hang out was in yesterday's thread; a poster said it was the opinion of a friend who was described as a super sleuth.

I then began to wonder if perhaps JG, who was a regular at GG, had asked one or more of the employees to keep an eye on his house while he was away for an extended time, probably paying them for doing so. I can't imagine that he would leave his house unlocked for weeks at a time with no one to look after it, and I don't recall how that info was acquired.

Other theories here have suggested that perhaps a "squatter" had been staying in the house.

MOO.

Usually..you leave a key with a neighbor or friend..that would be reasonable

Is the city in charge of placing fiber optic...PC piping or is it sub contracted?

It depends on what part of the property it is on. Some of it is done by the city, but parts near the house can be your own repsonsibity. I'm referring to plumbing. I have seen mailings from the city that say if you are determined to have a leak on your end, they will cut your water off until you get it fixed.

I called Lowe's and the only trace things they know of for underground cable or pipes are flags or paint. He said they didn't sell anything else used for that purpose, but maybe he was confused.

I did a little research on laying your own cable. It sounds like a trace line might be made of tape? Would that be like electical tape?

It depends on what part of the property it is on. Some of it is done by the city, but parts near the house can be your own repsonsibity. I'm referring to plumbing. I have seen mailings from the city that say if you are determined to have a leak on your end, they will cut your water off until you get it fixed.

I called Lowe's and the only trace things they know of for underground cable or pipes are flags or paint. He said they didn't sell anything else used for that purpose, but maybe he was confused.

I did a little research on laying your own cable. It sounds like a trace line might be made of tape? Would that be like electical tape?
Tracing tape has a metal rod in it so the tech can use special equipment to detect the tape beside the Pc or fiber optic underground...also it looks like surveyors tape..so when you dig, you will see it....electrical tape is different

Link to summary from last thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC - Kathy Taft NC School Board Member Murdered #3

I've only added one article since posting that, so I won't post it again in this thread. If you find an article that you want me to include in the summary, let me know. I'll be back online on Sunday.

Sister recalls finding Taft unresponsive in Cartier Drive home
Kathy Taft's sister said Tuesday that she was not treated as a suspect in the March attack that led to the State Board of Education member's death. http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/7413974/

Tracing tape has a metal rod in it so the tech can use special equipment to detect the tape beside the Pc or fiber optic underground...also it looks like surveyors tape..so when you dig, you will see it....electrical tape is different

I haven't been able to find a photo of any on line. Is it of the consistency that would allow you to tie someone up with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail