Why is John Ramsey Running for Office?

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Since the primary is just a few weeks away I would like to ask this question.

Why do you think John Ramsey is running?

We have had time to read his interviews to get a better idea of his ideas and his reasons for running for office.

Having read his platform, which I find to be very vague, I believe he is running for one reason. He wants attention. He is so arrogant and his ego is so huge that he can't see how bizarre his run for office is.

He misses the attention of being a big shot. He misses the power. A friend of his gave him some encouragement to run and the floodgates opened.

John and Patsy Ramsey are still the MAIN people under the umbrella of suspicion concerning the death of JonBenet Ramsey.

The fact that John Ramsey doesn't have a website, a tip line, or information out about a reward for the killer, yet, has a beautiful website for his run for office, speaks volumes. It's about him. His power. His ego.

Poor JonBenet. She appears to be forgotten.

I think many candidates run for attention, ego, and power to a greater or lesser extent. All the Kennedys, Bush, certainly Clinton, Reagan, Carter; none of them wanted to hide their light under a bushel or felt their ideas weren't worth following. What are the reasons for the other candidates running and how do those reasons differ from John Ramsey's would seem to me a more pertinent question.

There is a normal sequence in the life of most men; infancy, childhood, adolescence, young adulthood, adulthood, middle age, old age. After a period of accomplishment in the world and family building a man may take the position of prophet, teacher, wise-man, philosopher, counselor etc. if the deeds of his young life merit the position. That is the classic role of the "senator". John Ramsey seems to be driven to accomplishment and trophy accumulation, probably as a result of his relationship with his father. He needs these things to validate his manhood.

This process was interupted by his wife's passion play and now he wants his life back. He has said as much.

John Ramsey had nothing to do with the death of his daughter or the cover-up. He just put blinders on and the law industry took over. He has deluded himself to the point of believing his wife to be innocent and himself the victim of an intruder. He wants to fulfill his life and complete his manhood. He is a pathetic figure.

If he or his family are involved to whatever degree (come on, is this even a question) getting in with more powerful people (and becoming more powerful should he win) will come in handy.

I wonder how his campaign has gotten any credibiility (which it must have to get this far). I think he truly does have some powerful allies and friends to even be able to seriously contemplate such an idea. You have to know the right people to even launch most campaigns -- being a former millionaire, middle aged white man with a high opinion of yourself won't get you in the door. Does anyone else wonder how this has even gotten this far? Who in their right minds would want JR in a position of public trust?

Finally, it's a good way for JR to have some money to skim off of even if he fails miserably (hasn't he been unemployed for several years?).

Yes, WHY is John Ramsey running for public office? Knowing he will be under a microscope (something he has whined about for years now) with his personal life scrutinized legitimately as it always is in politics - would he choose to do it?
Not only that - but I find it extremely curious that someone who claims to have such enemies that "hate him" to the point of breaking into his home on Christmas night and brutally murdering his 6 yr old daughter - would feel NO FEAR in placing his family in the public spotlight!!
Doesn't he fear this will encourage the "intruder" or "foreign faction" to strike his family??

Again - pay attention to what the Ramseys DO - not what they say.

I would also like to know just exactly WHY John and Patsy made the drastic decision to uproot Burke (yet again) from his friends and high school and family in Atlanta - and move clear to Michigan????
If John's motivations were purely to serve his country in office - why couldn't he just run for office in Georgia?? Afterall, he claims that this is where family and friends are! Remember - he was making arrangements to flee Colorado and his daughter discovered dead just 30 MINTUES before that phone call because he wanted to "go home" where family and friends all were.

Something motivated them to move from Georgia to Michigan and I don't think it was politics. I think it had to have been Burke. What was going on with him in Georgia that they felt moving to another state would help solve???
That is such a fair question and I think the voters in Michigan should be asking and get an answer as well.

I think John Ramsey is running for office because he is desperate to enhance his family's "image" and name. No company would hire him again so he gave up on the CEO type image he loved. This is what he (or they) came up with.

He's running because he wants an expense account. Somebody to foot the bill for his plane and lunches. Remember this is the guy who conned his own friends to up the ante for the reward money. This is the guy with a history of putting repairs for his Porsche on his business account.

The governement is s good gig for that type of stuff.

popcorn said:
He's running because he wants an expense account. Somebody to foot the bill for his plane and lunches. Remember this is the guy who conned his own friends to up the ante for the reward money. This is the guy with a history of putting repairs for his Porsche on his business account.

The governement is s good gig for that type of stuff.

I think you are right Popcorn...one of the main reasons John is running is to have the 'perks' and 'publicity' he and Patsy crave so much.

Maybe he needs a new 'records storage' airplane hanger? It's a joke as far as John stating he wants to cut elected people's salaries. It ain't gonna happen and John knows it...however it makes great interview fodder. I voted to cut salaries...it didn't pass.

I am also greatly forced to consider:

When they lived in Boulder, they were VERY wealthy multi-millionaires. In Boulder, in that time, they could afford the likes of Haddon, et al, who in turn, could afford Hunter, et al. This was the reason the Ramseys, IMO, were allowed and afforded the privileges they received, totally unprecedented in any murder case before or since.

They moved to Atlanta. Their bank accounts,while by no means destitute, was nothing near what it was in Boulder, affording them less and less privilege and in agreement with another poster, also left them out of the circles they would like to travel in. I think it was very disheartening to be shunned by the elite who felt they might be involved in the murder, in addition to not having the financial status necessary to buy the acceptance they, especially Patsy craves.

So, although still well off financially, but not even close to the financial status they once had and would like to have again, the real focus is to achieve the "status" and be able to travel in the circles that can be useful to them

Should the investigation ever get into the hands of competent law enforcement, OUTSIDE OF BOULDER, they are going to need all the help they can get. They no longer have the vast amounts of money required to do what they were able to do in Boulder. The next best thing is to make the connections and "friends in high places" they might need by running for office, trying to actually rub elbows with the right people who might be called upon later to influence others should the truth ever actually become exposed.

It's a win-win situation for them. Patsy gets to rub elbows with politicians and travel within the circles so desired while also making the right kind of friends to "help" them should they ever require it for themselves or Burke.

It's almost like a savings account. Make the friends in high places, if you can, and if they'll have you, and then later, should the law catch up with you, pull out your friends and hope for the best.

That's my best shot at his reasons

Barbara said:
I am also greatly forced to consider:

When they lived in Boulder, they were VERY wealthy multi-millionaires. In Boulder, in that time, they could afford the likes of Haddon, et al, who in turn, could afford Hunter, et al. This was the reason the Ramseys, IMO, were allowed and afforded the privileges they received, totally unprecedented in any murder case before or since.

They moved to Atlanta. Their bank accounts,while by no means destitute, was nothing near what it was in Boulder, affording them less and less privilege and in agreement with another poster, also left them out of the circles they would like to travel in. I think it was very disheartening to be shunned by the elite who felt they might be involved in the murder, in addition to not having the financial status necessary to buy the acceptance they, especially Patsy craves.

So, although still well off financially, but not even close to the financial status they once had and would like to have again, the real focus is to achieve the "status" and be able to travel in the circles that can be useful to them

Should the investigation ever get into the hands of competent law enforcement, OUTSIDE OF BOULDER, they are going to need all the help they can get. They no longer have the vast amounts of money required to do what they were able to do in Boulder. The next best thing is to make the connections and "friends in high places" they might need by running for office, trying to actually rub elbows with the right people who might be called upon later to influence others should the truth ever actually become exposed.

It's a win-win situation for them. Patsy gets to rub elbows with politicians and travel within the circles so desired while also making the right kind of friends to "help" them should they ever require it for themselves or Burke.

It's almost like a savings account. Make the friends in high places, if you can, and if they'll have you, and then later, should the law catch up with you, pull out your friends and hope for the best.

That's my best shot at his reasons
Very good post IMO.

So, do you think this was a planned strategy, or just an inherent desire which guided them in this direction?

Imo

Nehemiah said:
So, do you think this was a planned strategy, or just an inherent desire which guided them in this direction?

Imo

Again, I can only speculate, but my speculation would be that things weren't going too nicely for them in Atlanta. I would also speculate that things weren't going well for Burke either. Most parents would NEVER uproot a child during his high school years. Again, I'm speculating, but I feel that if John wanted Burke in college in Michigan, taking up residence is cheaper.

When they got to Michigan, somebody may have suggested the politics idea. Having absolutely nothing to lose, not even a job, and everything I listed above to gain, I would think he went ahead with the plan.

Now that I think of it, perhaps if John is a "political" person in Michigan, Burke stands a better chance of "getting in" to some of the preferred schools, if he wasn't doing all that well in Atlanta

Something else to think about.

Like I said, it's a win-win for the Ramseys and given John's chronic unemployment, there is nothing to lose.

Good posts Barbara!

I suspect that it was a case of the "grass is greener" in Michigan?
I have to wonder if they didn't alienate the friends they did have in Atlanta over time and reasoned that they had friends in Michigan afterall?
And perhaps the same regarding Burke? "Oh it will be better for him in Michigan" - for whatever reason that might be.

Whatever the case may be, it is obvious they decided they needed to start
"anew" and start over somewhere other than Atlanta where they have been for 7 years now.
What a drastic decision to make when you have a child half way through high school!
I cannot help but feel that THIS is at the heart of that drastic decision.....and the running for office was an afterthought.

K777angel said:
Good posts Barbara!

I suspect that it was a case of the "grass is greener" in Michigan?
I have to wonder if they didn't alienate the friends they did have in Atlanta over time and reasoned that they had friends in Michigan afterall?
And perhaps the same regarding Burke? "Oh it will be better for him in Michigan" - for whatever reason that might be.

Whatever the case may be, it is obvious they decided they needed to start
"anew" and start over somewhere other than Atlanta where they have been for 7 years now.
What a drastic decision to make when you have a child half way through high school!
I cannot help but feel that THIS is at the heart of that drastic decision.....and the running for office was an afterthought.

Sure seemed like they were "escaping" Atlanta

Notice how absent the Stines are in their life now?

Notice how absent their friends from Atlanta are?

Notice how absent Grandpa Don Paugh, who RE married is?

Notice how there is no mention of any Atlanta "associates" or "friends" or "family" or "home" in Atlanta.

They are now in Michigan. Do we hear of any friends, family, even church leaders/groups? Where is Patsy's "life coach?"

Where is everybody that they claim to cherish?

Imho, John is a narcissist. It's their nature, to seek attention, and be the center of their own universe. If you define your universe as something powerful, influential, a "need to be in charge," then, it stands to (a narcissistic) reason that John take a dive into politics.

Also, what Barbara said. :D

For money! He's asking for contributions, again. He doesn't care about finding his daughter's killer, he only cares about lining his own pockets IMO.

And he's dancing on his daughter's grave for pieces of silver!!! Remember, JonBenet's death is his "platform".

I've got a platform for him...it leads out over the ocean.

Did I mention it was attached to a ship? ;)

I believe the decision was made in Atlanta and the move to Michigan was for the sole purpose of running for office (i.e. Hillary Clinton & New York). Big Fish in Small City- instead of Little Fish in Big City.

Patsy's the perfect politician's wife - John's a perfect politician.

What was the name of that Chapter in DOI - Something like...

Say It Long Enough or Repeat it Often Enough and it becomes the truth.

Put themselves out there - in the public - they have nothing to hide!

vicktor said:
Its possible to change what was a weakness into a strength.

By dancing on his daughter's grave and trying to profit off of it? That's a pretty sick thing to do.

John has a habit of making false claims and asking for money for whatever it is he's "working" on...not that he ever produces or does anything or follows through. Think S.H.O.E.S. and the JBR foundation for starters... yeah, so strong, but only when it comes to asking for "donations" for his cause of the moment....

They must need a new house they can gut and remodel, or maybe a large new boat or car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back