Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99355"]Thread 8[/ame]

Prayers that the leads help to bring Brittanee home.

Salem

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Rochestergirl, you probably want to repost that article here. Very interesting statement from police.

However, all, I just wrote this reading last thread on my reaction and tried to post but the thread closed while I was writing.

So although there are better posts to start this thread off, here's my reaction to thoughts on what happened to Brittanee.

As I read this discussion, there are two items I believe are wrong that are throwing conclusions off. I know the items are based on reporting, but I'm sure the reporting / wording is wrong or misleading.

The first item is a 9:15 text to her boyfriend. I am sure that is an 8:15 text for two reasons: 1) It is just after she left the boys hotel. It was dusk light when she left, the hotel camera has recorded that. There is said to be a text to the roommate saying she is returning, like all of this a matter of phone records, not conjecture. It is logical that she texted her bf at that time.

2) The mother says she was told by bf at 9:30. It is absolutely impossible, I don't care what rationalization is made, that a guy up there at work got a text at 9:15 and 15 minutes later called her mother and said oh btw, your daughter is in Myrtle Beach and missing. Not possible, not even on mind altering drugs.

Now getting a text at 8:15 and trying repeatedly to respond and getting no answer, calling her roommates and getting told she was returning and never made it, we can't find her, then yes, an hour and fifteen minutes later a drastic, responsible decision has to be made and he made it.

So there's an hour off problem somewhere in the reporting, I am certain of that. It's in the records, I know that is not in public domain but unforgiveable in my opinion to allow such important details be handed out by media, seen by the police who have the records, and not corrected for the record. Unless they enjoy or some other word for having everyone confused with false and misleading information.

Note that indeed if an hour had passed and she was in the company of a pack of whatever doing whatever that the pack of whatever managed to let her make a calm non-referential source to kidnapping text to her bf, yet decided at that point not to allow her to respond, ensuring an immediate problem. I'll take the misreporting by an hour (some kind of DST issue or something?) over that, I'm sorry.

The other item I'm sure is wrong is this notion of a reported ping around 9 pm. First of all, ping are continuous, you don't have one reported ping unless the cell phone was off and turned on briefly, then back off. However, accompanying this ping thing is the 9:15 text thing, so pings would have occurred then as well.

In fact, given the steady stream of pings starting around midnight farther south, and the constant ringing from everyone trying to reach her, plus the not secret knowledge that cell phone pinging would in fact have identified where Brittanee was at all times, it's almost assured that the abductor (despite the multiple POI's thing, I am reasonably sure this is a single abductor as is almost always the case and the POI's know about it after the fact) would have turned the cell phone off immediately. And in fact if not there would be a trail of pings throughout.

So that raises the question of why it was turned on four hours later. Well, I assure you it wasn't to alert the police where Brittanee was. It's almost a given that it was to fool the police in investigating who abducted Brittanee and where she was.

Now, I know that among the other things the police asked about a time period of 8:45 to 9:15 I believe, not sure that a solid reason was given, but I just don't believe her phone was on from 8:15 to midnight when the pings were picked up south of Myrtle Beach.

rd

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rd_jfc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rd_jfc View Post
    As I read this discussion, there are two items I believe are wrong that are throwing conclusions off. I know the items are based on reporting, but I'm sure the reporting / wording is wrong or misleading.

The first item is a 9:15 text to her boyfriend. I am sure that is an 8:15 text for two reasons: 1) It is just after she left the boys hotel. It was dusk light when she left, the hotel camera has recorded that. There is said to be a text to the roommate saying she is returning, like all of this a matter of phone records, not conjecture. It is logical that she texted her bf at that time.

So there's an hour off problem somewhere in the reporting, I am certain of that. It's in the records, I know that is not in public domain but unforgiveable in my opinion to allow such important details be handed out by media, seen by the police who have the records, and not corrected for the record.

I'll take the misreporting by an hour (some kind of DST issue or something?) over that, I'm sorry.

So that raises the question of why it was turned on four hours later. Well, I assure you it wasn't to alert the police where Brittanee was. It's almost a given that it was to fool the police in investigating who abducted Brittanee and where she was.

Now, I know that among the other things the police asked about a time period of 8:45 to 9:15 I believe, not sure that a solid reason was given, but I just don't believe her phone was on from 8:15 to midnight when the pings were picked up south of Myrtle Beach.

rd
    ITA with the fact the media has misreported the times.It is very frustrating. I also can't think of why LE wouldn't help to clear some of it up. The public SHOULD be in the know, on certain details. Of course it's not really LE's job to proofread/edit journalist's work... But if LE want info from the public, the times given should be correct. It's so frustrating when these different times are given, we don't know what to believe?!

RD_jfc, I like the way you think! I value your opnion! I'd like to know your theory and any issues/problems you see with a different set of assumed facts and times. So, for the purposes of developing a theory, let's assume the following:

1) The last text was sent, by BD, was at 9:16PM, following that, no phone calls were made, or answered, and no text messages were sent.

2) The phone continued to ping southbound until it stopped in Georgetown around 11PM-12AM and continued to ping until 5AM.

Ok, now speculate, pretending that the information given above is factual; How do you think this went down?

This is not limited to RD_JFC only!!! Anyone feel free to revise their theories, and share!!
    Last edited by mlatta; 04-16-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: had to add that last sentence!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mlatta For This Useful Post:

DD is coming up next on Today.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

There is NEW video of Brit the night before she disappeared. It's on the today show in a few minutes, along with Dawn (Brit's mom) and Monica from the CUE Center.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Video of her at the hotel taken the night before she vanished.
    She is laughing and texting friends.
    Taken by someone Brit met on vacation. Police have talked to him and he is not a suspect.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Dawn and Monica (CUE)

Dawn: They haven't (LE) haven't shared any info with them. Other than they have 3-4 people of interest and a location of interest. She believes they are actively working to find Brit.

Monica: LE has to prove a crime and develop information to make arrests but they most important thing is to find Brit and bring her home.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Let's don't make this something it is not. LE were not referring to the family and friends in Rochester. They specifically pointed out the POI's were in North Santee and that they had polygraphed two of them. LE said they had been talking with them for some time, and that they knew police was looking at them. He pleaded to their friends and family to give that final piece of evidence.
    They just weren't talking about the kids and families in ROC. They had made it clear they had POI's in North Santee who "knew what happened to" BD. They said nothing about POI's being in ROC and would have made it clear friends and families in ROC could help. Instead, they made it clear where the people were from that they were looking at. From the context of the interview, it was obvious LE was talking directly toward people in North Santee who knows these POI's.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hambone1480 For This Useful Post:

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone1480 View Post
    Let's don't make this something it is not. LE were not referring to the family and friends in Rochester. They specifically pointed out the POI's were in North Santee
    Yeah you're probably right... There is still a *possibility* that one or more of those kids from Chili know something. i.e. a name, or a face... And they are protecting someone, or themselves!

That is just a theory... It's a little less likely in light of the news released last week, but still worth noting...

I still can't stop thinking if she got into the car voluntarily or if she was forced. The only thing that could help answer this for us, is an accurate timeline from her walking out the lobby @ BW, to what time the texts were sent from her phone.

Forced abduction seems unlikely to me, because of the nature of that area (people on the streets, lots of windows form nearby businesses - you never know who is looking at you) Also, time this occured, was relatively early that night.

If it was voluntary, what would have made her get into the car? You guys know my thoughts on this based on previous posts... but I am desperately pondering and trying to come up with another answer!?

Ideas?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mlatta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mlatta View Post
    If it was voluntary, what would have made her get into the car? You guys know my thoughts on this based on previous posts... but I am desperately pondering and trying to come up with another answer!?

Ideas?
    I think she would have possibly gotten into a car with people she had met while in MB. If these people know she was with PB and he is known within his circle of aquaintences due to his club connections, they could have stated they were friends with him and she felt that it would be ok to go.
    Debbie

To catch a criminal, you must think like one. (Professor Hamre)

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Debbie Miller For This Useful Post:

texting

I still think it isn't Brit who texted that she was going to another friend's hotel. She was rooming with the girls, and went to the boys room that all seemed to be the group of association. The text message seems to generic for me to believe she did it, or she did it under duress of her abductor.
    Debbie

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Debbie Miller For This Useful Post:

Monica Caison Dawn Drexel and CUE's founder Monica Caison will appear on the Inside Edition show, today at 3PM or thereafter,concerning the Brittanee Drexel case, tune in if able. Thanks
    :Banane37

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

Not sure this was posted yet,but if so, my apologie

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12318572

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

For anyone who didnt see the show this morn heres link to Today Show of the whole video

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...94525#36594525

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

God bless Dawn Drexel and Monica Caison for keeping Britt's case in the public eye.

Everytime I see various pictures of Brittanee, I am taken aback by how incredibly beautiful she is and how her lively spirit shines through in photos.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

video

This is one of the first video's on this case with NG

It seems that JG (britt's boyfriend) contacted JH (military guy) in the middle of the night to tell him something was wrong because no one could get ahold of Britt.

Here is the link: there are 3 different clips

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/30/...n/#cnnSTCVideo
    Debbie

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Debbie Miller For This Useful Post:

There is something about that video to me that is kinda odd. Who's room are they in?

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Doc- For This Useful Post:

If you are talking about the new vid from the Today Show... I believe it said whoever was doing the filming - that's whose room she was in. It doesn't look like at room at the BH to me... So I'm not sure where this was taken.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

video

Isn't that a new clip, as in never seen before? I haven't seen all of them from the past, but it did say it was recorded by someone she was with.
    Debbie

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Debbie Miller For This Useful Post:

Yes - brand new clip
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Miller View Post
    Isn't that a new clip, as in never seen before? I haven't seen all of them from the past, but it did say it was recorded by someone she was with.
    Someone she had met and they did refer to him as a male. I bet he didn't know her for more than 24 hours, the whole filming is just odd to me. Although he was labeled not a suspect. I would love to know where they met....
    Last edited by -Doc-; 04-16-2010 at 11:57 AM.

41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to -Doc- For This Useful Post:

heres news link just posted with bd on bed in new vid clip its better pic,, look to your right its top pic

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12318572

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

We all know Dawn and Monica Caison were on the Today show this morning. Here are all of the links to updated news articles since then. They all basically say the same thing, but here are all of them laid out in one post so that you can take a look. The info is worded in various ways, of course. I have started with the most recent at this time.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Mom: Missing Teen Being Held Against Her Will or Dead
    Associated Press

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- The mother of a New York teen who was last seen in South Carolina nearly a year ago says she's been told little about new information in the case.

New video of Brittanee Drexel, who was 17 when she was last seen in Myrtle Beach on April 25, 2009, was shown before "Today" show host Matt Lauer interviewed Dawn Drexel, the teen's mother. The video from "Investigation Discovery" shows Drexel the day before her disappearance in a hotel room and texting on her phone.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/10...een-held-dead/

New Footage of Brittanee Drexel Just Hours Before Her Disappearance
    Last Update: 12:38 pm

Myrtle Beach, S.C. - New footage of the missing Chili teen has just been released. Police say it was taken just hours before her disappearance.

In the video you can Brittanee smiling and sending text messages. Police say the guy who was with her shooting this video is not a suspect in her disappearance.

The missing teen's mother, Dawn Drexel, said on Friday’s “Today” show that she’s been told little new information regarding her daughter.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...EPnSCGwYw.cspx

Mom of N.Y. teen missing in S.C. says she's been told little
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS • April 16, 2010

MYRTLE BEACH -- The mother of a New York teen who was last seen in South Carolina nearly a year ago says she's been told little about new information in the case.

Dawn Drexel told NBC's “Today” show on Friday she thinks police in South Carolina are trying to find her daughter. Brittanee Drexel was last seen leaving a Myrtle Beach hotel April 25, 2009.

Police told a WPDE-TV in Myrtle Beach last week they have identified several people of interest. The Rochester, N.Y., woman says that's also about all police have told her.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...en-told-little

__________________________________________________ _______________

Brittanee Drexel's mom says police focus on 3-4 people
    Victoria E. Freile • Staff writer • April 16, 2010

Nearly one year after her daughter disappeared while on spring break, Dawn Drexel appeared on Today in New York this morning and spoke with show co-host Matt Lauer about her daughter’s case.

Gates Chili High School student Brittanee Drexel was 17 when she traveled to Myrtle Beach without her parents’ permission last year. She was last seen on hotel surveillance cameras on April 25, 2009. Brittanee’s family and friends have traveled to South Carolina countless times to search for the teen.

Myrtle Beach and Georgetown County, S.C., police investigators said last week they are closing in on several persons of interest in the case. They also indicated that they believe Brittanee is no longer alive.

Dawn Drexel today told Lauer that police have not shared many details about the recent developments in her daughter’s case. She said they told her they are focusing on three or four persons of interest and a location of interest.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...n-3-4-people-\

New video of missing teen is released
    Posted: Apr 16, 2010 9:28 AM EDT
    Updated: Apr 16, 2010 9:49 AM EDT

NEW YORK, NY (WMBF) - The mother of a missing New York teen made an appearance on NBC's The Today Show on Friday in an attempt to raise awareness on the case.

New video of Brittanee Drexel, who was 17 when she was last seen in Myrtle Beach on April 25, 2009, preceded Today Show host Matt Lauer's interview with Dawn Drexel, the teen's mother. The video from "Investigation Discovery" shows Brittanee the day before her disappearance in a hotel room and texting on her phone.

Investigators say the video was shot by someone the girl met while on vacation, but they have spoken to that person and he is not a suspect.

Drexel told Lauer that investigators have not shared any information on the persons of interest in the case, nor have they told her there is a location of interest.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12323242

Brittanee Drexel's mother, searcher make national television appearances
    Friday, Apr. 16, 2010
    Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com

The mother of a missing New York teen and the director of a missing persons organization appeared on the "Today" show to discuss developments and search efforts in the case.

Dawn Drexel and Monica Caison spoke to Matt Lauer, host of the "Today" show, on Friday morning during a brief segment about Drexel’s daughter, Brittanee Drexel, who was last seen April 25, 2009, in Myrtle Beach. Caison is director of the Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons located in Wilmington, N.C.

They also will appear on "Inside Edition" set to air at 3 p.m. today, according to a CUE news release.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/16...-searcher.html

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:

another news article hummm each news reporter in diff papers seem add or take from the article,,heres one just posted on Georgetown Times news site
    http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Miss...er-may-be-dead

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

DD on at 3PM today

If you home at 3PM today dont forget tune in and see DD and Cue (MC ) on

Monica Caison:
    Dawn Drexel and CUE's founder Monica Caison will appear on the Inside Edition showtoday at 3PM or thereafter,concerning the Brittanee Drexel case, tune in if able.

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast