Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Rochestergirl, you probably want to repost that article here. Very interesting statement from police.

However, all, I just wrote this reading last thread on my reaction and tried to post but the thread closed while I was writing.

So although there are better posts to start this thread off, here's my reaction to thoughts on what happened to Brittanee.

As I read this discussion, there are two items I believe are wrong that are throwing conclusions off. I know the items are based on reporting, but I'm sure the reporting / wording is wrong or misleading.

The first item is a 9:15 text to her boyfriend. I am sure that is an 8:15 text for two reasons: 1) It is just after she left the boys hotel. It was dusk light when she left, the hotel camera has recorded that. There is said to be a text to the roommate saying she is returning, like all of this a matter of phone records, not conjecture. It is logical that she texted her bf at that time.

2) The mother says she was told by bf at 9:30. It is absolutely impossible, I don't care what rationalization is made, that a guy up there at work got a text at 9:15 and 15 minutes later called her mother and said oh btw, your daughter is in Myrtle Beach and missing. Not possible, not even on mind altering drugs.

Now getting a text at 8:15 and trying repeatedly to respond and getting no answer, calling her roommates and getting told she was returning and never made it, we can't find her, then yes, an hour and fifteen minutes later a drastic, responsible decision has to be made and he made it.

So there's an hour off problem somewhere in the reporting, I am certain of that. It's in the records, I know that is not in public domain but unforgiveable in my opinion to allow such important details be handed out by media, seen by the police who have the records, and not corrected for the record. Unless they enjoy or some other word for having everyone confused with false and misleading information.

Note that indeed if an hour had passed and she was in the company of a pack of whatever doing whatever that the pack of whatever managed to let her make a calm non-referential source to kidnapping text to her bf, yet decided at that point not to allow her to respond, ensuring an immediate problem. I'll take the misreporting by an hour (some kind of DST issue or something?) over that, I'm sorry.

The other item I'm sure is wrong is this notion of a reported ping around 9 pm. First of all, ping are continuous, you don't have one reported ping unless the cell phone was off and turned on briefly, then back off. However, accompanying this ping thing is the 9:15 text thing, so pings would have occurred then as well.

In fact, given the steady stream of pings starting around midnight farther south, and the constant ringing from everyone trying to reach her, plus the not secret knowledge that cell phone pinging would in fact have identified where Brittanee was at all times, it's almost assured that the abductor (despite the multiple POI's thing, I am reasonably sure this is a single abductor as is almost always the case and the POI's know about it after the fact) would have turned the cell phone off immediately. And in fact if not there would be a trail of pings throughout.

So that raises the question of why it was turned on four hours later. Well, I assure you it wasn't to alert the police where Brittanee was. It's almost a given that it was to fool the police in investigating who abducted Brittanee and where she was.

Now, I know that among the other things the police asked about a time period of 8:45 to 9:15 I believe, not sure that a solid reason was given, but I just don't believe her phone was on from 8:15 to midnight when the pings were picked up south of Myrtle Beach.

rd

As I read this discussion, there are two items I believe are wrong that are throwing conclusions off. I know the items are based on reporting, but I'm sure the reporting / wording is wrong or misleading.

The first item is a 9:15 text to her boyfriend. I am sure that is an 8:15 text for two reasons: 1) It is just after she left the boys hotel. It was dusk light when she left, the hotel camera has recorded that. There is said to be a text to the roommate saying she is returning, like all of this a matter of phone records, not conjecture. It is logical that she texted her bf at that time.

So there's an hour off problem somewhere in the reporting, I am certain of that. It's in the records, I know that is not in public domain but unforgiveable in my opinion to allow such important details be handed out by media, seen by the police who have the records, and not corrected for the record.

I'll take the misreporting by an hour (some kind of DST issue or something?) over that, I'm sorry.

So that raises the question of why it was turned on four hours later. Well, I assure you it wasn't to alert the police where Brittanee was. It's almost a given that it was to fool the police in investigating who abducted Brittanee and where she was.

Now, I know that among the other things the police asked about a time period of 8:45 to 9:15 I believe, not sure that a solid reason was given, but I just don't believe her phone was on from 8:15 to midnight when the pings were picked up south of Myrtle Beach.

rd

ITA with the fact the media has misreported the times.It is very frustrating. I also can't think of why LE wouldn't help to clear some of it up. The public SHOULD be in the know, on certain details. Of course it's not really LE's job to proofread/edit journalist's work... But if LE want info from the public, the times given should be correct. It's so frustrating when these different times are given, we don't know what to believe?!

RD_jfc, I like the way you think! I value your opnion! I'd like to know your theory and any issues/problems you see with a different set of assumed facts and times. So, for the purposes of developing a theory, let's assume the following:

1) The last text was sent, by BD, was at 9:16PM, following that, no phone calls were made, or answered, and no text messages were sent.

2) The phone continued to ping southbound until it stopped in Georgetown around 11PM-12AM and continued to ping until 5AM.

Ok, now speculate, pretending that the information given above is factual; How do you think this went down?

This is not limited to RD_JFC only!!! Anyone feel free to revise their theories, and share!!

There is NEW video of Brit the night before she disappeared. It's on the today show in a few minutes, along with Dawn (Brit's mom) and Monica from the CUE Center.

Video of her at the hotel taken the night before she vanished.
She is laughing and texting friends.
Taken by someone Brit met on vacation. Police have talked to him and he is not a suspect.

Dawn and Monica (CUE)

Dawn: They haven't (LE) haven't shared any info with them. Other than they have 3-4 people of interest and a location of interest. She believes they are actively working to find Brit.

Monica: LE has to prove a crime and develop information to make arrests but they most important thing is to find Brit and bring her home.

Let's don't make this something it is not. LE were not referring to the family and friends in Rochester. They specifically pointed out the POI's were in North Santee and that they had polygraphed two of them. LE said they had been talking with them for some time, and that they knew police was looking at them. He pleaded to their friends and family to give that final piece of evidence.
They just weren't talking about the kids and families in ROC. They had made it clear they had POI's in North Santee who "knew what happened to" BD. They said nothing about POI's being in ROC and would have made it clear friends and families in ROC could help. Instead, they made it clear where the people were from that they were looking at. From the context of the interview, it was obvious LE was talking directly toward people in North Santee who knows these POI's.

Let's don't make this something it is not. LE were not referring to the family and friends in Rochester. They specifically pointed out the POI's were in North Santee

Yeah you're probably right... There is still a *possibility* that one or more of those kids from Chili know something. i.e. a name, or a face... And they are protecting someone, or themselves!

That is just a theory... It's a little less likely in light of the news released last week, but still worth noting...

I still can't stop thinking if she got into the car voluntarily or if she was forced. The only thing that could help answer this for us, is an accurate timeline from her walking out the lobby @ BW, to what time the texts were sent from her phone.

Forced abduction seems unlikely to me, because of the nature of that area (people on the streets, lots of windows form nearby businesses - you never know who is looking at you) Also, time this occured, was relatively early that night.

If it was voluntary, what would have made her get into the car? You guys know my thoughts on this based on previous posts... but I am desperately pondering and trying to come up with another answer!?

Ideas?

If it was voluntary, what would have made her get into the car? You guys know my thoughts on this based on previous posts... but I am desperately pondering and trying to come up with another answer!?

Ideas?

I think she would have possibly gotten into a car with people she had met while in MB. If these people know she was with PB and he is known within his circle of aquaintences due to his club connections, they could have stated they were friends with him and she felt that it would be ok to go.

I still think it isn't Brit who texted that she was going to another friend's hotel. She was rooming with the girls, and went to the boys room that all seemed to be the group of association. The text message seems to generic for me to believe she did it, or she did it under duress of her abductor.

Monica Caison Dawn Drexel and CUE's founder Monica Caison will appear on the Inside Edition show, today at 3PM or thereafter,concerning the Brittanee Drexel case, tune in if able. Thanks

God bless Dawn Drexel and Monica Caison for keeping Britt's case in the public eye.

Everytime I see various pictures of Brittanee, I am taken aback by how incredibly beautiful she is and how her lively spirit shines through in photos.

There is something about that video to me that is kinda odd. Who's room are they in?

If you are talking about the new vid from the Today Show... I believe it said whoever was doing the filming - that's whose room she was in. It doesn't look like at room at the BH to me... So I'm not sure where this was taken.

Isn't that a new clip, as in never seen before? I haven't seen all of them from the past, but it did say it was recorded by someone she was with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah