Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 570
  1. #496
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY/Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,524
    Nvm. Now that I look at it, it doesn't look too much like the pictures we saw of the search area.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:


  3. #497
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by LLLindsayy View Post
    O/T sorta, but I hope everything is alright with MB Lover! I haven't seen her post in a long time and I miss her!
    Thanks Lindsay! Much appreciated!

    Just returned home from MB yesterday (late evening). Kind of a weird trip that has left me feeling a bit down in ways... The vigil for Brittanee was so sad, there was something about it being such a final goodbye in ways...and seeing Brittanee's family in so much pain, it was heartbreaking.

    The whole time at the beach all I could think of was Brittanee and what she possibly went through at the hands of the person(s) who did such a horrible thing...and thought about how if her 'friends' had looked after her like she was a younger sister...this probably would have never happened... And how if PB had said...hey wait up...game will be over in a few minutes and we're going out anyway...so I'll give you a ride...this probably would have never happened...

    I haven't posted because a lot of things I brought up fairly early on have been brought back out again - and wanted a fresh perspective by the newer posters on this board and to see how those thoughts would be looked at this time - like the child locks on the back doors of a vehicle, the parking garage entrances/exits that are right on OB.

    I see there is a "new" time for the last text. That puts a different spin on things. All I know is over at the FB page for BD (that was put together by TVF) it had listed the times of 9:15/9:16 for the last text - and that supposed text was BD to JG (9:15) JG to BD (9:16) and then nothing else.

    With DD giving the 9:30 time that she was notified and with what JG said was in the last text...

    To me that message from him (to BD) and then notifying DD so quickly that BD couldn't be located.... Why would he have jumped to the conclusion that BD was missing so quickly? What did he know? Anything? Did BD say something in one of the texts that caused him to worry about her safety?

    I have to believe JG knew something - maybe it was just that he knew that she had met some people at MB and she said she was going with them to a party or something or was catching a ride back to BH...and that's why he said to be careful.

    I still don't understand why there is so much misinformation out about the times. Looks like someone would give out the exact details on times...someone who may have seen something specifically at 9:15 might not be thinking too much about it because they saw somethinig at 8:15, 8:30, 8:45 (for example) so they've disregarded what they saw because of the inconsistencies.

    My highlight of the trip - getting to meet MLatta - he's a great guy, a truly wonderful soul, who has done a lot of good things for Brittanee!
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


  4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:


  5. #498
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    LLLindsayy,

    I'm not certain, but I think that could be a photo of the boat ramp at Hwy 17. It has a few old beams sticking up out of the water like that, a partial old dock or roadway. IF it is that boat ramp, the ramp would be just past the tufts of grass in the photo you linked. This angle would have to be almost under the HWY 17 bridge that crosses N Santee River. I just can't be sure it's the same place.
    Here's another angle of the same boat ramp area, and a second photo with the old beams:
    http://www.scgreatoutdoors.com/park-...orephotos.html


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


  7. #499
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Welcome back, MBlover!!

    We've really missed you!!
    Mlatta is an awesome advocate for Brittanee and her family...as are you!! I'm so thankful that you were able to go and spend time supporting the family and friends. I know they appreciate how much everyone here cares about Brittanee.
    Last edited by krista; 05-01-2010 at 04:55 PM.


  8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


  9. #500
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY/Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    Thanks Lindsay! Much appreciated!

    Just returned home from MB yesterday (late evening). Kind of a weird trip that has left me feeling a bit down in ways... The vigil for Brittanee was so sad, there was something about it being such a final goodbye in ways...and seeing Brittanee's family in so much pain, it was heartbreaking.

    The whole time at the beach all I could think of was Brittanee and what she possibly went through at the hands of the person(s) who did such a horrible thing...and thought about how if her 'friends' had looked after her like she was a younger sister...this probably would have never happened... And how if PB had said...hey wait up...game will be over in a few minutes and we're going out anyway...so I'll give you a ride...this probably would have never happened...

    I haven't posted because a lot of things I brought up fairly early on have been brought back out again - and wanted a fresh perspective by the newer posters on this board and to see how those thoughts would be looked at this time - like the child locks on the back doors of a vehicle, the parking garage entrances/exits that are right on OB.

    I see there is a "new" time for the last text. That puts a different spin on things. All I know is over at the FB page for BD (that was put together by TVF) it had listed the times of 9:15/9:16 for the last text - and that supposed text was BD to JG (9:15) JG to BD (9:16) and then nothing else.

    With DD giving the 9:30 time that she was notified and with what JG said was in the last text...

    To me that message from him (to BD) and then notifying DD so quickly that BD couldn't be located.... Why would he have jumped to the conclusion that BD was missing so quickly? What did he know? Anything? Did BD say something in one of the texts that caused him to worry about her safety?

    I have to believe JG knew something - maybe it was just that he knew that she had met some people at MB and she said she was going with them to a party or something or was catching a ride back to BH...and that's why he said to be careful.

    I still don't understand why there is so much misinformation out about the times. Looks like someone would give out the exact details on times...someone who may have seen something specifically at 9:15 might not be thinking too much about it because they saw somethinig at 8:15, 8:30, 8:45 (for example) so they've disregarded what they saw because of the inconsistencies.

    My highlight of the trip - getting to meet MLatta - he's a great guy, a truly wonderful soul, who has done a lot of good things for Brittanee!

    I agree, MB. I've stepped back a little and watched what the new eyes have gotten out of the old info. It's very interesting to read their theories and see what info they bring up. Also, a lot of times I've forgotten specifics. Some things that didn't seem very important turn out to be important.

    I appreciate everyone's efforts here.

    I'm so glad you could be in MB with Britt's family. I would have been there if I could have. I missed your posts and I'm glad your back with your insights.


  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:


  11. #501
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Andrews/Georgetown SC
    Posts
    544
    **Krista** (or any local)) have you search any info on this place? This first area they really started searching from

    ** (members of that search party were at Thornhill Farm off Highway 17 in McClellanville. The farm is serving as the staging area for the expanded search for Brittanee Drexel. Law enforcement officers from across the Lowcountry and the Grand Strand are planning to meet there Friday morning. )
    :Banane37


  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:


  13. #502
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,910
    Krista,
    Great information and links. I don't think the public dock is the one that was searched.
    http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=386560
    The first pic on this link shows the searched dock in the background. It is covered with pine straw (pic 1 & 3). I don't see any pine trees in the public dock photo. Also, in pic 1, you can see past the dock to the other side of the water. The water in that area looks muddy and dark and not as wide as the public dock pic. The dock of interest appears to be in an isolated location, not on the main river. It possibly could belong to someone who only comes down occasionally to fish and doesn't live there. Local kids know which places they can party at when the owner is absent.
    Thanks for all your efforts!


  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stillwatersc For This Useful Post:


  15. #503
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post

    Can you do me a favor? Can you rewatch that video that you posted yesterday of the officer who is leading the investigation....the one where the reporter quotes his horrible English? ETA: video: http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/lo...l_case/128176/
    Watching that video, listening to exactly what he said, IMHO he seems to be saying that the POI's WERE involved in the crime...that THESE people are the ones responsible for her abduction and presumed murder. He also seems to heavily imply that Brittanee or evidence of Brittanee's last wherabouts ARE IN the Santee River area....but that the POI's are 'FROM SOUTH CAROLINA'....not necessarily from N Santee. Just wondering if you got anything or *felt* like anything different or more specific was being said in that video.
    I agree with your assessment of the video. It sounded like the POI's are the suspects. He said they needed the "key piece of evidence to establish probably cause.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probable_cause
    The most well-known definition of probable cause is "a reasonable belief that a person has committed a crime".[1] Another common definition is "a reasonable amount of suspicion, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong to justify a prudent and cautious person's belief that certain facts are probably true".[2]

    In the context of warrants, the Oxford Companion to American Law defines probable cause as "information sufficient to warrant a prudent person's belief that the wanted individual had committed a crime (for an arrest warrant) or that evidence of a crime or contraband would be found in a search (for a search warrant)". "Probable cause" is a stronger standard of evidence than a reasonable suspicion, but weaker than what is required to secure a criminal conviction. Even hearsay can supply probable cause if it is from a reliable source or supported by other evidence, according to the Aguilar-Spinelli test.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-08-2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: repair url tag.


  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stillwatersc For This Useful Post:


  17. #504

    Looks like dog is finding something???

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    Heres a link to the video of dock and where they searched,not sure you seen it hope it helps :-)
    http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=386560
    click on photo of BD and video play in few secs
    Wondering if anyone on WS has seen cadaver/search dogs work and knows if they lay down at a spot where they detect something. The dog in this video seems to follow a possible hit out to the end of this dock and even at one points looks like he is finding something and lays down briefly to signal this. Anyone know if this is how they act when they think they have found something? TIA.

    Oh yes RoseC....great find. I thought it was interesting how poor Dawn happened to be down in MB for something else when this tip came in.
    Last edited by Strawberry Fields; 05-01-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling of dogs.


  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:


  19. #505
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
    Wondering if anyone on WS has seen cadaver/search does work and knows if they lay down at a spot where they detect something. The dog in this video seems to follow a possible hit out to the end of this dock and even at one points looks like he is finding something and lays down briefly to signal this. Anyone know if this is how they act when they think they have found something? TIA.

    Oh yes RoseC....great find. I thought it was interesting how poor Dawn happened to be down in MB for something else when this tip came in.
    I have asked sarx to answer as she is verified in animal search and rescue.


    Professional and Local Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-08-2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: repair url tag.


  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  21. #506
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    **Krista** (or any local)) have you search any info on this place? This first area they really started searching from

    ** (members of that search party were at Thornhill Farm off Highway 17 in McClellanville. The farm is serving as the staging area for the expanded search for Brittanee Drexel. Law enforcement officers from across the Lowcountry and the Grand Strand are planning to meet there Friday morning. )
    Wow, ROSE!!

    You're really outdoing yourself!! I didn't hear that this is where they staged the search from!!
    Turns out, it is RIGHT THERE at the entry of that same community!!
    Here's a map of the area....thornhill farms is labeled as "C" and is just to the west of Hwy 17. You'd have to pass Thornhill to get to the area where I think the pictured dock is located. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...18539&t=h&z=16
    Last edited by krista; 05-02-2010 at 12:50 AM.


  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


  23. #507
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    851
    This may or may not help, just thought I would thow it out there in relation to all the places you guys are mapping...IIRC, Pole Yard Landing was the first place named that LE were concentrating and centering their efforts. From there, they moved the 'staging area', as it was called, to Thornhill Farms. Also, right in this time, there was a lot of interest in and a thorough search of the property of Hopsewee Plantation made.

    krista, I am not positive, but 'C' on the Google maps looks like it is right across from Pole Yard Landing, then to the west of that is Hopsewee and I think Thornhill Farms is a little further south on 17, just past Seven Mile Road. RoseC may know for sure since she lives closer to that area. Seven Mile Road sticks in my memory too for some reason, but it could just be that I remember it from some mapping I did way back last spring.
    Last edited by SeaNymph; 05-02-2010 at 01:27 AM.


  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:


  25. #508
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Rose,

    Based on these articles, it looks like Thornhill farms was just a staging area, not a potential site area. Thornhill serves the community with organic fruit and veggies...and they offer 'horticultural therapy' for disabled teens in the area.
    While they don't appear to have any connection to this case, outside of having enough room and grounds to host all of the searchers, I do think it's interesting that this place works with teens from local high schools. While they are disabled, they are capable of doing farm work---which is seriously difficult work--so it seems possible that one or more of them COULD have driven a vehicle or harmed Brittanee. That being said, I really think this is just the staging area, and I sincerely hope this has NO connection to the teens working this farm.
    It looks like THIS search was for the month following Brittanee's disappearance...in may, not december. I'm still looking for a later search and staging site for december...but I really believe this is the exact area they are focusing on!! Wish we could find that dock. During the first few searches, LE seemed split between the Frances Marion forest area and N Santee River. In December and again in January, they moved to a more specific area in and around the N Santee River....based on all of the new tips. Remember, Originally Brittanee's phone was pinged to the South Santee area, which would be very near Frances Marion Forest. I think her phone is in a different location than she is.
    http://www.live5news.com/global/Story.asp?s=10325820
    http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/Story.asp?s=10327696
    Last edited by krista; 05-02-2010 at 01:18 AM.


  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


  27. #509
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaNymph View Post
    This may or may not help, just thought I would thow it out there in relation to all the places you guys are mapping...IIRC, Pole Yard Landing was the first place named that LE were concentrating and centering their efforts. From there, they moved the 'staging area', as it was called, to Thornhill Farms. Also, right in this time, there was a lot of interest in and a thorough search of the property of Hopsewee Plantation made.
    I'm just stunned at how many people already knew that THESE were the areas being searched!! IMHO, this is a fairly small area....lots of land, relatively few houses. I haven't ever heard LE mention any of these areas...and I really thought they were keeping everything out of the media.

    I really feel like LE might be releasing tiny snippets....little crumbs of info here and there...to see how certain people react. IMHO.


  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


  29. #510
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,256
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    I have asked sarx to answer as she is verified in animal search and rescue.


    Professional and Local Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Hee Hee, sounds like I am verified in searching and rescuing animals doesn't it! Sorry, long night.

    To answer the question regarding alerts for a HRD/cadaver dog. Different dogs take naturally to different alerts. Laying down absolutely would be one possible alert. If you were watching a video and the dog was in fact working and did this, I would say yes, it's a definite possibility. Just a side note, I always use caution when watching media clips though as I myself have had them show clips of me taking my dog outta the truck for a potty break and dubbed it as us "searching".
    Hope that helps.


  30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:


Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 617
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM
  2. Replies: 502
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 04:38 AM
  3. Replies: 639
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 12:37 AM
  4. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7
    By hoppyfrog in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 693
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 06:03 PM
  5. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6
    By christine2448 in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •