1107 users online (235 members and 872 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MO - Babysitter charged with raping young girl MO

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...8?OpenDocument

"A man who babysat children in his North County home has been charged with raping a 10-year-old girl.

He's been charged in St. Louis and St. Louis County with crimes relating to the same girl. City police say he began sexually assaulting the girl in mid-2008 until early this year, while he was living in the 2800 block of Stoddard Street in the city."

"Monecia Kyles, the mother of three of Broadway's children, said she's heard the news but doesn't know what to think.

"I' don't know what to believe because I wasn't there," Kyles said.

Kyles said her three children -- a 10-year-old girl and two boys, ages 13 and 9 -- weren't harmed (she said she'd know because they would have told her) and she never caught Broadway doing anything inappropriate.

Broadway "loved kids, that's why he had a lot," Kyles said. She said he had fathered 10 children."

I can't understand these "mothers". I hope these kids get the love and help they need.

I have no words....
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

The article states he has fathered 10 children and is 34 years old....yeah he loves children okay. I am going to believe there are many other victims.

kaelee
    Last edited by kaelee2; 04-16-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling
    kaelee2
    Robert Stephen Brown missing since 3/10/2007 located deceased 06/15/2013.

denial isnt just a river in egypt......

Yes, I'm here to bear witness to the fact that children always tell right away---yeah right. If you believe that, I've got a river in Egypt I'd like to sell you.

As recently as two weeks ago we heard from a young male victim of Police Chief Akins of Kansas. The boy stated that "like who is anybody going to believe--a kid or the police chief?"

I'm very hopeful that DHS is not merely taking this mother's word that her children were not abused and is taking a close look at that relationship. Possibly when the children learn that the man has been arrested, they might feel safe to disclose. It's so sad but children never want to be "first".

"Statutory" rape and sodomy? This started when this girl was 9, it's not like she's a teen! Good call on that hospital reporting something was wrong.

Why is the mother trying to contact him in prison? What can she possibly expect he would say to her, especially from the slammer?

ETA: And the children "weren't harmed"? Huh?? There was obviously physical harm - evidence of his abuse - if the hospital called authorities. Not to mention the emotional effects. Don't be dumb, Mom, press charges! And I hope if there are other victims that they step forward too.
    Last edited by reen; 04-16-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Yes, I'm here to bear witness to the fact that children always tell right away---
    Oh pahlease Izz. We tell. I told thirty some years later. That woman is in some da*n denial. People don't get it. A child can't comprehend anyone would hurt them that way. Often they don't even know what it is if they are very young. Then ya get the threats on top of it by the abuser. Yepper, kids will come right out and tell ya.

This guy has 10 kids? He fathered ten children? I guess he had to babysit to earn the money to provide for them all.

Hoping there's no more victims and praying for the poor child. I hope they can get counseling.