Identified! NC - Greensboro, Skeletal remains found, Apr'10 - Jahela Lucero-Menor

mtrooper

Verified SAR
Reaction score
snip:

GREENSBORO - Officials with the N.C. Medical Examiner's Office have yet to determine the identity of a woman whose bones were found Saturday in Julian.

A family in the 2900 block of Mount Hope Church Road alerted authorities after their dog brought a human jawbone into their yard.

The sheriff's office responded, confirmed the find and discovered nearly a full skeleton across the street in a wooded area 300 yards from a house.

A preliminary autopsy determined that the remains belong to a white woman in her late teens or early 20s.

Col. Randy Powers of the Guilford County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday morning that the medical examiner's office is working today to clean up the remains and determine a cause of death.

"As far as the person who it is, we are running down some possible leads," Powers said.

A full set of teeth were among the remains, he added, and they are being compared with dental charts. DNA might be used to help determine the identity.

An alert has been sent to law enforcement agencies in a 100-mile radius for leads , and investigators are combing through missing persons cases for possible matches.

Authorities found no clothing or other identifying materials with the remains, Powers said.

One medical examiner estimated that the remains may have been at the site since December or January.

Anyone with information is urged to call the sheriff's office at 641-3690 or Crime Stoppers at 373-1000. Crime Stoppers callers remain anonymous and are eligible for cash rewards.

Contact Ryan Seals at 373-7077 or ryan.seals @news-record.com

nThe remains found on Mount Hope Church Road belong to a young woman.

Charley project doesn't list anyone until they've been missing for more than six months.

I don't see too many from North Carolina missing since December who fit the age and height parameters. But here is one from South Carolina. However, she is of mixed race, and it indicates that she is believed to have run off to Mexico:

Tianna Hope Hyder
http://www.nampn.org/cases/hyder_tianna.html

8 inches? The doe is estimated to be 5 foot, and Jamie is 58 inches.

8 inches? The doe is estimated to be 5 foot, and Jamie is 58 inches.

Oops - You're right - I saw 58 and thought 5'8".

ETA: Charley has her at 4'8" to 4'10" (i.e., 56 to 58 inches). That's pretty tiny for a 22-year old woman. So tiny that I wonder if it is accurate.

Anyone else thinking of Brittanee Drexel? Or have they already ruled her out? She is a petite girl and that is less than a few hours from MB. Am I wrong?

Anyone else thinking of Brittanee Drexel? Or have they already ruled her out? She is a petite girl and that is less than a few hours from MB. Am I wrong?

Yes I am...in fact she was my first thought. And Kristi Cornwell.

She is the first person to come to mind whenever I see a young girl's body found in North or South Carolina. I did a Google map from Myrtle Beach SC to Greensboro NC, and saw that it's nearly 200 miles, and thought that it was probably a little too far.

Her height is right though. It certainly could be her.

Recent news reports indicate that they are homing in on the possible perps. They are convinced that she is dead, but they have not yet found her body.

Given the publicity, I would think that she would be on the top of their list for this case.

IDK but I would think they would head toward the water rather inland.
but I agree it could be her.
I interesting to see who this young girl is.

Uhmmm but the map show they could be heading toward NY....

snip, BBM:

Case Type: Missing From Home
Missing Date: Wednesday 24th March 2010
Missing From: Elon Alamance County North Carolina
Missing Country: USA
Sex: Female
DOB: Currently unknown Brittany Danielle Brumfield
Specific Details:
Hair: brown hair Eye Color: green
Height: 5-foot-2 Weight: 140 pounds
Race: white language: n/a

Special Facts:

HFMC International Searching
Known Circumstances:

Missing Elon teen sought

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 (Updated 10:52 am)

ELON — Alamance County authorities are seeking a 16-year-old girl who has been missing for a week.

The sheriff's office said Brittany Danielle Brumfield was last seen at 7:45 a.m. last Wednesday at her home on Bouldin Road in Elon. Investigators determined that she called a friend shortly before 11 p.m. that same day to say she was in Greensboro and needed a ride.

Sometimes she goes by the name Brittany Stanley. She reportedly has a number of friends and contacts in Rockingham County.

Anyone who knows where she might be can call the sheriff's office at 570-6300 or local law enforcement.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/03/31/article/missing_elon_teen_sought

I kinda want to call it in, but I would really hope that they had already checked her out.

I know it might feel kinda scary or wierd, but go ahead and call it in -- what's the worst thing that can happen -- they could tell you they've already checked it out, and then you would know, and you could rule that person out. I've learned to never assume the authorities have already checked a potential match out -- often people assume that someone has done the obvious, when in fact, you'd be surprised how often the obvious is not done. Let us know what you find out! Thanks!!

I read on comments on one of the news sites that she wasn't completely skeletonized. All gossip but they said they thought she had been there a couple weeks, and I guess the weather has been quite warm. A lady who claims to live just down the road commented as well. Also makes me wonder how much damage was done by animals, the mandible and small bones like fingers are almost always drug away first. Sorry if that sounded gross...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back