Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diz39

This piggy went "Weeeee!" all the way home!
Reaction score
Mods, pls move/delete if inappropriate. Just heard on Channel 13 that the defense had made a motion to have Judge Strickland removed for his conversation with Marinade Dave.
Looking for link..... Live now Channel 13

Why bother????? Aren't they sure they'll get a COV???? How about those inappropriate convos his own client had right under his nose????

04/16/2010 Motion Defendant, Casey Marie Anthony's Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge

Latest entry from the Clerk of Courts records

they are desperate and trying anything.

pathetic

O/T but thanks for providing the links. I am ashamed to admit I mostly lurk, so I did not know how to do it. Much appreciated!

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the defense teams has posted on that very same blog and others. Karma JB....Karma.

O/T but thanks for providing the links. I am ashamed to admit I mostly lurk, so I did not know how to do it. Much appreciated!

Don't just lurk....join us. You brought some great info to us. Thank you.

The blogger's name is Dave Knechel, who was questioned earlier this month by a private investigator working for the defense. He told the investigator that Strickland told him at the bench "what a great blog I have," according to the motion. At some point, Strickland learned that the blogger was ill and called to express his "personal concern" for the man's well-being, according to the motion.

No hearing date has been set yet

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-judge-disqualify-20100416,0,174631.story

Just because JS reads the blog does not mean that he has a 'relationship' with the blogger. It isn't like he called a sitting juror...... Come on. I am guessing JS knows Marinade Dave in or from some other venue...... The defense must be nuts JS has bent over backwards to be fair and given Baez and his team every opportunity to be upstanding attornies. To me this just proves Baez is working overtime to dig up dirt on everyone on this case!

MOO

Let's see........JB has done radio interviews for blog talk radio and discussed this case specifically. Ummmmmmmmm pot..............kettle is calling on line 31.

Interesting that JB waits until the judge declares KC indigent before filing this latest malarky motion.

Meh...The defense may get what they want and end up with someone less lenient than Strickland...Be careful what you wish for, JB....

Marinade Dave covers a wide array of subjects on his blog. Judge Strickland's conversation can be heard on the video and Dave has discussed it on his website, he was flattered that JS had read it.. nothing in the conversation suggests he is following the KC case on there or is in any way 'inappropriate'

Does that mean JS can't read the Orlando Sentinel or watch B Sheaffer on TV either, or compliment a Journalist on a good story?
This idefense team is making a laughingstock of themselves. If they don't already, the population of Orlando is going to know how desperate they are with this motion..

Perhaps......the defense team sees Haleigh's case getting so much attention and felt the need to inject some excitment back into their drama err....I mean case. My own theory, but I like it.

Grasping at any and all threads....But are there any left????

If I were JS I'd say BRING IT!!!!!!!! JS has been a ridiculously fair judge.
This was a very dangerous motion to file. Many attys and sometimes even firms themselves have policies about not filing disqualifying motions. At some point in JB's career (if he even continues to have one after this fiasco) will have to come before JS AGAIN.

Shucks, I'm trying to figure out why the defense would think that interviewing a blogger such as MD would help provide any evidence to show that Casey was not guilty in Caylee's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong