Pictures of the Shell Harbor Search Area

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
GER once again came through with flying colors. Today she took some great pictures to give us an up close and personal of the search area.

Last page at this link

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94620&page=9

Please don't bring the pictures down to the thread. But I wondered. What are your thoughts when you see these pictures of the search site and the associated areas?

Gran and I didn't plan this. :D I made a thread thanking Ger at the same time Gran made a thread about her pics. :highfive:

GER once again came through with flying colors. Today she took some great pictures to give us an up close and personal of the search area.

Last page at this link

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94620&page=9

Please don't bring the pictures down to the thread. But I wondered. What are your thoughts when you see these pictures of the search site and the associated areas?

In answer to your questions, I was completely overtaken with the fact that this was Haleigh's world. And then I remembered how they said she was afraid of the dark. I can see why! It seems like that terrain could look very scary to a little girl when it is dark.

It's all so sad.

Well...I spot a cinderblock on the dock first off, but I know they are abundant around there. It just made me shudder a bit when I saw it. Awesome photos - really captures the area. I'm surprised that you can see the bottom of the river in some of those photographs. I was thinking there was no visability - even close to shore for some reason.

Truthfully...it made me cry. Poor Haleigh, absolute first and foremost. And poor everyone else who has enjoyed that spot as a day to break away for a few minutes to enjoy the simplicity of life, to spend a day just taking nature and all it has to offer, never knowing what may have happened there.

It brings to reality for me What Sheriff Hardy said. I am so sad for Haleigh seeing this area just makes it so real.

In answer to your questions, I was completely overtaken with the fact that this was Haleigh's world. And then I remembered how they said she was afraid of the dark. I can see why! It seems like that terrain could look very scary to a little girl when it is dark.

It's all so sad.

Kimster, I live in NW Florida - quite a ways from Putnum county, but we have the same type of growth - oak trees, palms, Spanish Moss. It's VERY dense and even at my age (in my 40's) I get frightened at night walking around (especially near the water). I won't even walk up my family's long driveway on the sound (body of water) through the woods to the highway to close the gate at night. Through a child's eyes who is scared of the dark - it has to be a thousand times more scary. It's creepy. I think it's because you can't see anything but growth - you don't know where you are stepping, and the moss hanging and blowing from the trees just makes it all the more eerie. No doubt little Haleigh was scared - poor thing!

I know at one point there was rumor sayin that TN asked to rent some property belonging to the Croslins.....Can someone help me out with that..TIA

I automatically assumed it was the property on Tyler St but could it be possible maybe TN was talking about the property on Magnolia? Is anyone living there now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back