Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
jones_william.jpg

William Ebenezer Jones

Non-Family Abduction -- Missing Since: December 17, 1962

Missing From: Vineland, New Jersey

Height: 3'0" -- Weight: 30 lbs -- Hair Color: Lt. Brown -- Eye Color: Blue

At the time of his disappearance, William had a vaccination scar on his left outer arm which is shaped like a giraffe. He goes by the nickname Billy.

William was last seen in the backyard of his family's residence in Vineland, New Jersey around 1:00 pm on December 17, 1962. He was playing with his 2-year-old sister and the family dog while his mother watched through the front window inside the house. William's mother went into a bedroom to check on her other son. When she came back out, William's sister was standing in the doorway, holding a plastic flower. She said that a man had given her the flower and taken William. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him.

NCMEC

Charley Project

So sad!

And I read that his Mom always brought Christmas presents for Billy in the hopes that he would come home some day. I wonder if Billy's little sister Jill was able to get a description of the abductor or any information about him? Or how long Billy's mother was in the other room checking on Bart, (her other 1-year old son) when this happened. Very heartbreaking.

Satch

Hmm.There is not much information in the web about him.Just wondering about his little sister and bro,are there still looking for him?

Bump for William. Inquiring on the same question as NW above,

Is there anything known about the sister and brother? Are they still looking for him?

Satch

I just stumbled upon this case on CP. How terrible, kidnapped out of their back yard just as mom turned her back for a moment.

I did a blog on Billy. http://genkidjericho.blogspot.com/2011/03/william-ebenezer-jones-iii-aka-billy.html
There is so precious little out there about him. I even Google news archive searched and came up blank. I wonder if his sister is still searching for him. Maybe she would come on here. Also, maybe a local paper could write a piece on Billy's case still being unsolved.

Thank you for the blog Rpipergirl,

It could be possible that the abductor took Billy because they "wanted a child to raise." How tragic. I was wondering if Billy's sister remembered any physical description of Billy's kidnapper? Totally agree that the plastic flower should have been analyzed as evidence. Thank you for your kindness and support in this case.

Satch

i am billy jones sister and the local paper wont even return my call anymore.yes i am still looking for him i have not stop just hit a lot of walls .it took 49 years just to get him on the missing network.and the vineland police has new eyes looking into it but like everyone else i am not aloud to know to much. but our mom and dad has pass away now.they know the truth now .and most of the people are pass away now that help with the case. billy is 52 now and will turn 53 on march 5. i will never stop looking for him and missing him everyday of my life . and thank you all who still care about him and please pass the word around may be one day he will come home to me again thank jill jones

Thank you Jill for the kind words,

So sorry for the pain and devastation this has caused your family for so many years. May William someday be found!

Satch

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/article/20111217/NEWS01/312170033

10:02 PM, Dec. 16, 2011

Three page article at link above.

Let's hope that by reopening this case, some closure will come to it. The saddest and most painful circumstance, of which there are many, is that if Billy is alive, he probably has no memory of who he really is. Thanks to all for your courage and support in this 49 year old case.

Based on the story at the link above, I have a question. Why don't the investigators consider this an abduction case? Little Billy was taken out of his yard. Are they just calling it a missing persons case?

Satch

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back