1567 users online (282 members and 1285 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    GRACE: Then why, I`m wondering, the dock? The dock? Why would they bring Misty Croslin out to the edge of the dock as she`s pointing out if that were not the spot they used, allegedly -- according to reports, no suspect, no persons of interest -- to throw the child into the water.

Back to our special guest tonight, Flora Hollars. This is Misty Croslin`s and Joe Overstreet`s grandmother. Miss Hollars is joining us out of West Nashville, Tennessee.

Miss Hollars, have police spoken to you? Of course they have because you called them and told them.

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN AND JOE OVERSTREET`S GRANDMOTHER: I`ve talked to the police in Florida. I`m the one that told the police in Florida where to look at.

GRACE: Miss Hollars, in any -- in any of these scenarios did anybody ever tell Ronald Cummings what happened to his daughter?

HOLLARS: Not that I know of. I don`t think they have. Well, maybe his mom and them the other day when they was at the jail because I`ve talked to them, too.

GRACE: What did they have to say about all of this? Did they believe it?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, they did.

GRACE: Are you still in touch with Misty Croslin, or has the jail cut off her phone access?

HOLLARS: They had cut off my phone access, but they put it back on again this morning so she could call. That`s how I got the information this morning.

GRACE: I see the photo behind you of you and Misty Croslin. Do you think she could have had anything to do with this?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, I really don`t think she could. Misty`s too good with kids. Misty loves kids. She`s had an opportunity to hurt them all and she`s kept every one of them. I don`t believe Misty had any involvement whatsoever.

GRACE: With us is Flora Hollars.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../15/ng.01.html

BBM. Wonder if the bolded is the explanation as to why Tommy and Misty called within 15 minutes of each other. I don't know who "they" is but if they're LE listening in to Tommy's call they might have given Misty a nudge and wink, look, someone gave you minutes for your phone to call Granny.

Or does Hollars just mean that her access to any calls at her home phone was cut off because she hadn't paid her bills or there was a problem in the lines or something and she got it fixed again?
    Last edited by Donjeta; 04-20-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Is Nanny Hollars credible? IMO, no.
    She is repeating what she "heard," but starting to add her own little comments to the stories.
    She's doing her very best to try and make things better for her beloved Misty...but I think she is doing more harm than good.
    That comment she made about "not knowin' if she was dead when she hit t'water" gave me chills. How can a person say something like that with absolutely no emotion? Just matter of factly, very much like she doesn't care what happened to Haleigh, only what happens to Misty.
    Last edited by Kimster; 04-20-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Edited out negative speculation of the family

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../15/ng.01.html

Or does Hollars just mean that her access to any calls at her home phone was cut off because she hadn't paid her bills or there was a problem in the lines or something and she got it fixed again?
    In my county, (in Ohio) whenever they are going to transport a prisoner, or let them out to go to court, all the phones are shut down for a while, I have been on the phone with someone when it happened. I guess it's for the protection of the inmate, so no one can ambush them, or even help them escape.

Quote Originally Posted by donada View Post
    If she isn't telling the truth, where are her daughters to deny what she is saying about their kids?
    Why won't LE release those phone calls? What was said that LE does not want the public to hear at this time? Has to be something. MOO

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    JVM said on her show yesterday that Flora Holler will be on her show tonight! I wonder if Levi will be there also and if so if he'll get a chance to ask her a question or two? Probably not-but I can still hope it happens!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Forensic fan View Post
    In my county, (in Ohio) whenever they are going to transport a prisoner, or let them out to go to court, all the phones are shut down for a while, I have been on the phone with someone when it happened. I guess it's for the protection of the inmate, so no one can ambush them, or even help them escape.
    O/T

Please know... In no way am I disputing what you are saying but never in my life have I ever heard of such..

She was not there in Satsuma when all this went down, she's just relating what she was told, but adding her own thoughts as well. It does bother me that she claims she suspected Joe even before Tommy and Misty told her.
    Why so many stories? If she got her information from Tommy and Misty, and they were there, wouldn't their accounts be pretty much the same? Sounds to me like they're making it all up and sweet little ole granny is falling for it.

poor ole granny... she is the queen of that family and she is doing what she believes is the right thing. Hope to God I am never in her shoes.
    ~ my opinion only

Is it possible Granny Hollars thinks just leading them to Haleigh's remains will bring her the reward money? ("I AM THE ONE who sent them to the river.") Doesn't matter if how Haleigh got there and who is actually responsible is all jumbled up, bottom line reward money for Haleigh's location...then she can bail the crew out, most importantly her blessed Misty?

I don't know, just rambling some.

On a side note, my big old honkin' redneck Daddy hasn't followed this case but was over last night for dinner when NG was replaying clips of Granny Hollars and he is simply fascinated by her. I summed things up, as best I could, and told him she would be on JVM tonight and he asked me "Oh yeah? What's for dinner?"

GMa Hollars said: "its like they have no remorse"

I certainly believe her on that comment.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post
    O/T

Please know... In no way am I disputing what you are saying but never in my life have I ever heard of such..

Maybe they no longer do it, this has been about 10 years ago. I don't talk to jail birds any more.

This is my take on Grandma Hollars. I'm assuming she either doesn't hear well, or reads between the lines and gets it wrong. In a phone conversation she had with Misty, she tells Misty that IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWSPAPERS that Joe and Tommy did it. Misty denies it, and says she has all the newspapers, and that wasn't in the papers. Misty tells her, "that's just silly." Granny tells her that Lisa and Hank are the ones that told her that, and wants to know why they are lying about it. Misty says, I don't know. Since we didn't hear the conversation Lisa, Hank and granny had, I have to assume they were talking about the letter Misty wrote to Chelsea blaming Tommy and Joe. Now, when Granny tells the story, it's no longer a letter, but it's all over the newspaper. I'm wondering if Tommy is now agreeing with Misty because he has been convinced by LE that Misty's story is credible. Maybe he told his Granny, that it looks like Joe really did do it. Then she talks to Misty, and Misty says Joe and Tommy did it, and that's the story Granny is telling. It's very possible that Tommy is trying to cooperate with LE, and went with them to the SJ's River to point out where they fished that day. With the bits and pieces we have to work on, it's hard to know what's really being said.

GMH, Lisa Croslin, Tommy, Misty..... all fall from the same tree when it comes to reliable information IMO.

I'm not sure Grandma Flora is suffering the Sword of Damocles dilemma. I'm not even sure the Wisdom of Solomon applies. I'm imagining more like she's wielding a sword over her head and, like a 7-headed Hydra, is taking off whatever parts she can, even if it leaves 7 more in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    I'm not sure Grandma Flora is suffering the Sword of Damocles dilemma. I'm not even sure the Wisdom of Solomon applies. I'm imagining more like she's wielding a sword over her head and, like a 7-headed Hydra, is taking off whatever parts she can, even if it leaves 7 more in its place.
    Feeling dumb and off to google all of these references so I have some context for this post

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast