Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
In your opinion should George and Cindy be charged criminally? If so, with what?

Constructive discussion is good. :)

Reminder that carrying posts and comments from other boards or sites has never been allowed. If you want to discuss a comment or post from another site because it is on topic, please link to it but do not copy and paste it here.
Thanks

I don't know if I want them to be charged with anything - except maybe for chewing gum in the court room :)

I know there is enough evidence out there of their lying, perhaps even hindering the investigation, if OCSO or the State wants to go looking for it. Heck, all they would have to do is log on here! But in the end, will it change anything? KC is going to be convicted, I am sure of that. G and C are outcasts for the most part, reviled by most people, drowning in a sea of guilt (I have no doubt about that, no matter what they say in public) and their lives have been shattered beyond repair. While it might make a lot of people happy to see them charged and perhaps found guilty of some sort of crime in this mess, does anyone think they would even care? Since neither one has a criminal background, they would be treated as most first time offenders and probably wouldn't receive any jail time. CA would lose her nursing license - depending on what she was found guilty of. GA might find it even harder to get a job with a criminal record. However, I doubt either one of them was even considering going back to work at a 'normal job' anyway. Prime time media would still be interested in them and they could still make $$$ - that would not change.

As a tax payer here in FL I would say 'don't waste state money on going after them - they are in a he** of their own making that is worse than any prison in the world.

I would just hate to see others follow in their footsteps. Maybe they wouldn't get any "time" out of it but I would like them to know that what they have done by turning their backs on Caylee for Casey was and is wrong. Even if the only lesson they learn is that lying is a crime, under oath.

Personally, I haven't heard of anything criminal that they have said or done. Outrageous, ridiculous, stupid?? yes, but I don't think that they deliberately tried to mislead LE. I think they smugly believed (for a long time) that their daughter, while being a nasty b*tch, did not harm Caylee. Once the baby's body was found, they went into defensive mode and tried to exercise damage control. I believe that, in their hearts, they know they brought a monster into this world. They have to live with that for the rest of their lives. No matter what happens to KC, they lost Caylee, whom they obviously loved more than anything...and nothing can change that. While I find them to be unlikable people, I still feel deep sympathy for them. There but for the grace of God, go any one of us.

I say yes, after the trial is over..they did cover evidence an lied alot..If they get away without any reprimand every
Tom, Dick & Harry will think they can do the same thing..If they just stood up at the beginning an said "Tell the Truth" like the Hackings did, this trial would be over by now..
It' s all about TV appearances an what money they can make..they are totally disgusting in my eyes..
I being a grandmother have put myself in their shoes, and even told my son, If he ever did something like Casey did..I would turn him in ...I would still LOve him, but Not like him.. A crime is a crime, doesn't matter who did it.
Alot of People today have no values, morals, or integrity it's all about THEM..it's a ME world..:banghead:

The what if they had been more successful in their efforts to obstruct the investigation?

What if the things they washed are the only things that could tie KC DIRECLY to Caylee’s MURDER? i.e. pants, knifes, car

Chances are she would have taken a plea , FL would save millions and reputations would not have been ruined

What if Caylee was still somehow still clinging to life in the woods?

The A’s refusal to aid in the search for Caylee (by not giving TES anything with Caylee’s scent) allowed her to die because rescue efforts weren’t’ successful?

What if every parent of every murdering person were to help cover up their children’s crimes because they somehow believed that their child could not have done such a thing?

My opinion is that if they performed any criminal acts that can be proved, they should be charged. They likely won't be though. One of the things that I have found to be most disappointing in this entire mess is to watch people who are so obviously lying under oath "getting away with it".

I suppose people who post here who work in the legal system and law enforcement are used to seeing people blatently lie unde oath, but having not ever been exposed to this type of stuff, I have found it to be disturbing.

I suppose I expect the perpetrator to lie, but I did not expect family members to engage in this behavior. In fact, I almost could not believe it when Cindy first uttered the words, "it was pizza" and it has been downhill all the way since then.

George and Cindy are still both in their 50's. They both need to get back to some sort of work. Do they think they will be able to support themselves off this case forever? Maybe so -- perhaps there is a book deal in their future somewhere, or numerous exclusive paid interviews with ABC during the upcoming trial?

I cannot imagine them allowing their house to go into foreclosure, but that may be part of a well-thought-out plan. I know from a friend there is a lot of delay in mortgage companies getting out the Notice of Default that is required to begin a foreclosure proceeding, due to the large amount of foreclosures nationwide. What used to take 3 months now can take up to a year or more because the lenders are overwhelmed. And people are living for free in the property during that time, not moving out in some cases until the local sheriff throws them out.

If you really don't care to continue living in the home for the long term, it is a "money saving" way to live. George and Cindy are certainly familiar with "the system" - George having had at least one if not more Worker's Compensation claims and them having been through bankruptcy in the past.

Plus it sounds like George is good at supporting himself by conning gullible women.

Yikes, what a duo!

I think they should be charged if there is sufficient evidence. With what, I will leave to those with legal know-how. If there is sufficient evidence and they are not charged, it may set up precedence for families to get away with murder. Okay, that's hyperbole, but at the very least it encourages a flaunting of the law and a perversion of justice.

I think there's ample evidence for obstruction/interference w/investigation. I think they should be charged. If either of them testifies fully and truthfully for the state at trial, I'd be fine with a plea deal.

If they were later charged and convicted of criminal charges relating to the case, would they be prohibited from financial gain under the son of sam laws? If they were convicted of tampering or obstruction, where would that fall under "profiting from a crime they committed"?

At this juncture, it is hard to answer the thread title question. I simply don't have enough info to know the whole story.

Personally, I haven't heard of anything criminal that they have said or done. Outrageous, ridiculous, stupid?? yes, but I don't think that they deliberately tried to mislead LE. I think they smugly believed (for a long time) that their daughter, while being a nasty b*tch, did not harm Caylee. Once the baby's body was found, they went into defensive mode and tried to exercise damage control. I believe that, in their hearts, they know they brought a monster into this world. They have to live with that for the rest of their lives. No matter what happens to KC, they lost Caylee, whom they obviously loved more than anything...and nothing can change that. While I find them to be unlikable people, I still feel deep sympathy for them. There but for the grace of God, go any one of us.

So destroying/tamperiing with evidence in the investigation of a child murder does not merit punishment? I think the law says it does. They want exceptions made because they are relatives.. People are punished every day for aiding and abetting, harboring fugitives, same kind of attempts to pervert justice - they are often doing it for family members, and that's not just stupid, it's criminal.

I think it is only a matter of opinion that Cindy and/or George intentionally destroyed and/or tampered with evidence in a murder investigation. I myself have not seen proof of this. If there is proof I would appreciate a link to peruse it for myself. Until I do see proof of this, I can not support charges on something that is based purely on some peoples personal opinion/feeling about them.

I think losing their grandbaby whom they adored (and no doubt Caylee adored them) is more then enough "punishment" (although I still do not know what people think they should be punished for). I do not doubt that if the State had evidence of any of these alleged actions they would have charged them by now. jmo

I think it is only a matter of opinion that Cindy and/or George intentionally destroyed and/or tampered with evidence in a murder investigation. I myself have not seen proof of this. If there is proof I would appreciate a link to peruse it for myself. Until I do see proof of this, I can not support charges on something that is based purely on some peoples personal opinion/feeling about them.

I think losing their grandbaby whom they adored (and no doubt Caylee adored them) is more then enough "punishment" (although I still do not know what people think they should be punished for). I do not doubt that if the State had evidence of any of these alleged actions they would have charged them by now. jmo

As far as it being a matter of opinion....

We have seen contradictory answers to the same questions within the depositions and law enforcement interviews provided in discovery.

CA did admit to washing pants and a knife and they admitted to cleaning the car.

Now.........what we haven't seen is anything from discovery that states it was being treated as tampering or obstruction. Why?

IMO...it is a little more than folks expressing their opinions, we just don't have anything in the way of a discovery release to use to prove it was considered a crime. Does that mean there isn't anything. Not at all.

I agree in that these grandparents will be punished every day for the rest of their life by not having Caylee. Is it punishment enough? That is really not for me to decide.

But, I don't assume that in the absence of charges having already been filed or no statement by LE that a crime has been committed by them, that it isn't ever going to happen. I'll just wait and see what rolls around.

At this moment, I have to answer this with a NO. I do think they have both done things that could warrant an arrest, however, I don't see how it would be very productive considering the gravity of the SA's case.

However, I reserve the right to change my mind if I EVER get to read the transcript of DC's investigative interview (aka depo). If I'm shown PROOF that they KNEW in advance that Caylee's body was in the woods behind their house and/or conspired in any way to move it or destroy evidence, then my answer will change to a loud YES.

I think it is fair to say........we just don't know enough to give an educated answer.

As far as it being a matter of opinion....

We have seen contradictory answers to the same questions within the depositions and law enforcement interviews provided in discovery.

CA did admit to washing pants and a knife and they admitted to cleaning the car.

Now.........what we haven't seen is anything from discovery that states it was being treated as tampering or obstruction. Why?

IMO...it is a little more than folks expressing their opinions, we just don't have anything in the way of a discovery release to use to prove it was considered a crime. Does that mean there isn't anything. Not at all.

I agree in that these grandparents will be punished every day for the rest of their life by not having Caylee. Is it punishment enough? That is really not for me to decide.

But, I don't assume that in the absence of charges having already been filed or no statement by LE that a crime has been committed by them, that it isn't ever going to happen. I'll just wait and see what rolls around.

BBM If I am correct, these things occurred well before it was a murder investigation. Even so, Cindy admitted to these things, she did not lie about it. It is my opinion that the Anthonys believed the things they stated at the time they stated them.

BBM If I am correct, these things occurred well before it was a murder investigation. Even so, Cindy admitted to these things, she did not lie about it. It is my opinion that the Anthonys believed the things they stated at the time they stated them.

So, knowing that the car smelled of death and with a child that was 'missing' Cindy laughed and stated she was tempted to give investigators the dog's hairbrush rather than Caylee's when they needed DNA. Her intent was solely to obstruct the investigation. To her it was more important to outwit Detectives than to help find her grandchild.

OT for just a second here -

Astraea, I just want to say I don't always agree with you, but I REALLY, REALLY appreciate and respect the way you express yourself in your posts. They are never taunting or have the appearance of 'pot-stirring'. They make me think and willing to take time to revisit old docs, depos, etc..I am always willing to reevaluate my stance on a particular view, if someone can show me a good reason to reconsider. Anyway, just wanted to thank you. :)

That's all. Carry on now. :D

I think they should be charge because their behavior suggests that they think they are above the law and can do whatever they want. They have thumbed their noses to LE, to the Prosecution, and to anyone who wasn't thinking their way or doing what they wanted them to do. They have lied, constantly changed stories and made up things to cover for Casey - i.e. Cindy saying she did the search for Chloroform because she mistakenly typed that in when what she was really looking for was Chlorophyll. Just typing out those two words tells me she was lying.

They will do and say anything to get their precious princess out of prison, and the worst part is that they believe they will never be accountable to the law for their actions. They think they will go off into the sunset with as much blood money as they can make, and that is what I cannot stand for. I do NOT want to see other families think this is the way to do things and no one can do a thing about it. It's not only morally wrong, it should be criminally wrong too.

I don't think they're suffering the loss of their grandchild. They have already swept her under the rug as if she didn't exist and was just a mistake that never should have been made by Casey. They don't act like people who lost a grandchild in the least. I don't see tears for Caylee. I don't see them talking about how much they missed her and how hard it is without her. They haven't lost their appetites or hair or anything at this point in the least. I don't see them standing up for or missing Caylee at all.

I see them getting tans, tattoos, and piercings, and going on cruises, ruining peoples lives to save Casey's, alienating themselves from every other family member including their own son, taking money from gullible people, and constantly disrespecting people that are not on their side. Cindy keeps looking like she gets a makeover with each hearing that comes up, and George certainly doesn't look like he's suffering in any sense.

The only thing lacking is solid proof of their obstruction, and I'm hoping that LE has been doing an ongoing investigation of them. I think the reason they haven't arrested them is because they are just giving them more rope to hang themselves. And that's the key, everything that has been said and done has been done BY THEMSELVES TO THEMSELVES. They seem to forget that part of the Miranda Rights, "that anything you do and say can be used against you in a court of law."

I am thoroughly disgusted with them, and if they get away with everything they have done to obstruct justice for Caylee in this case, I will lose complete faith in the justice system, and we'll see this become commonplace as other families will think it's okay to cover for their rotten children by doing whatever they want to obstruct the system and help them get away with murder.

They should be arrested, charged, convicted, and put in a cell right next to their precious princess daughter for the rest of their lives. They need to be told that they cannot get away with covering a crime for any reason whatsoever. They need to be reminded that they are not above the law and that what they have done will not be tolerated by the law.

I am sick and tired of "oh, they're just poor grieving grandparents." That excuse is no excuse for what they have done and continue to do. Many people lose loved ones and grieve, and you don't see them doing criminal actions. Being a grieving grandparent is NOT an excuse for getting away with breaking the law. All IMO.

I think this is a great question. Sometimes, I do want them charged. Other times, I feel that they are already paying for their actions with public sentiment and most likely helping to earn KC a harsher penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea