Choosing Thomas < Very Sad

Oh what strength! Blessings to them...

I am bawling my eyes out right now. How unfair that parents like these who would treasure and love their child has theirs taken away and monsters like the many we read about everyday get healthy children to abuse!

I hope and pray for these dear parents, that their daughter was born healthy! What a wonderful example this family is of unconditional love!

I watched this video a few weeks ago, and it made me cry so hard. :( I can't even imagine what those parents went through, and my thoughts and prayers are with them quite frequently. They are incredibly strong.

Okay... I really want to watch the video, but I am 24 weeks pregnant and I think it will make me freak out as I am already a paranoid mess...

If it is what I think it is, then I know I don't have what it takes to watch it right now, but my thoughts & prayers do go out to his loving family... I cannot imagine what I would do if something were to happen to our little one.

But I just want to say.... keep in mind: for a couple that choses to terminate because of a fatal genetic birth defect, it is no less devastating & heartbreaking... they mourn also, and they should not be considered any less good or brave than a couple that decides to go through with the birth. But why is is better for the child to go through all that pain and suffering? I wonder, is it really more for the child, or the parents? As for which is more cruel to the child..... that's a hard one, I'd have to say I'm on the fence....

Wow, heartbreaking and yet what love and devotion. I hope this couple is blessed with more children, what wonderful parents they are.

This was the most powerful, touching, and loving video I have ever seen. Godspeed, Thomas. You were loved beyond measure....

There is absolutely no judgment towards any family who must go through this. Nor, should there ever be. Choices are personal and beyond any persons opinion. This family did not choose for this child to suffer on *ANY* level, but to give as much care and love that their son deserved. Any parent(s) that can do this are the first Angels a child as this has met.

That is a gift beyond compare. For all.

A short but powerful video. Thank you for sharing.

God love these parents and RIP Thomas.

I pray this loving couple was blessed with a beautifully happy and healthy baby.

It's stories like this that make one realize how blessed they were when their babies were brought into this world, free of complications. I don't know what I would have done in their place,.......... there for the grace of God......

Compelling story and couple,

fran
:rose:

A short but powerful video. Thank you for sharing.

God love these parents and RIP Thomas.

I pray this loving couple was blessed with a beautifully happy and healthy baby.

It's stories like this that make one realize how blessed they were when their babies were brought into this world, free of complications. I don't know what I would have done in their place,.......... there for the grace of God......

Compelling story and couple,

fran
:rose:

They did have a healthy baby girl, Isabella, last January. God bless them.

Sooo sad. I hate that there's so much suffering in this world.

But I just want to say.... keep in mind: for a couple that choses to terminate because of a fatal genetic birth defect, it is no less devastating & heartbreaking... they mourn also, and they should not be considered any less good or brave than a couple that decides to go through with the birth. But why is is better for the child to go through all that pain and suffering? I wonder, is it really more for the child, or the parents? As for which is more cruel to the child..... that's a hard one, I'd have to say I'm on the fence....

Terminating the pregnancy does not relieve the child from pain and suffering. In the video it said Thomas was taken home by his parents with pain medication to relieve his pain.

This was the most beautiful/sad thing I have ever seen. They are truly tough people.

Amazing. I love Mom's comment about love being all her son knew in this life.

It makes me wonder what kind of mom I would be if I knew that I only had a matter of days to love my children. But we don't know how long we have with them. What we do know is that life is fragile and fleeting. Sigh. I suppose the lesson in this is that we should not take our time with our children for granted.

Thank you so much for posting this.

What courage and love this young couple had. I am so happy they now have a beautiful baby girl.

What a wonderful and yet terribly sad story. The photos of the family were breathtaking. You could feel the love pouring out of them.

Blessings to them. Thomas' life may have been short, but he knew more love in those five days than most of us receive in a lifetime.

Thank you for sharing this, Wild. Really reminds all of us to treasure each and every day we have with our families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back