2010.04.18 - Geraldo Rivera covering HaLeigh's case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Sirgo, JO's attorney is on & Geraldo is being very rude trying to get Sirgo to talk about JO & any sex charges as a juvenile...Sirgo says he won't discuss that then GR says "Oh, so you don't deny it".

Showing a clip of gma-Hollars from NG talking about the ways MC or JO killed HaLeigh.

GR asking Sirgo to comment on what gma says..Sirgo says nothing to comment on because gma wasn't there....says no way to confirm what gma is saying...saying JO is victim in this disappeance & he's been hurt.

GR going out to Dog the BH....asking if kidnapping perp part of inner circle.

Dog saying he thinks gma has made someone confess....says he wants to tell the kids "the first to talk the first to walk".

Now sounds like that's all of it & he's moving on to something else.

Joe has juvenile sex charges? According to whom? Misty?

oh dear, I'm tired, eyes are shot.

TexasMist wrote that Geraldo was being rude and asking about JO's sex changes as a child, and I'm thinking HUH???!!!

Then I read it for the 5th time to realize it said sex charges, not changes.

Kimster or Grandmaj needs to tuck me in now...

Thanks for covering this, TexasMist!

AH must be stuck in traffic....LOL

Yeah - no kidding....I wouldn't have tuned in if not for AH. ;)

Joe has juvenile sex charges? According to whom? Misty?

GR didn't say & Sirgo sure wasn't gonna discuss it....GR should know better too but he was pretty much pummeling Sirgo about it.

And oh, at beginning of show, GR said earlier in the week they got tip that HaLeigh's body had been found & the JO had been named a suspect...then he goes on to say that the 'tip' wasn't true....he never really clarifies that JO is *not* a suspect....altho Sirgo makes that clear once he starts talking.

Thanks everyone for the posts! I slightly disagree with Dog though ~ I don't think anyone will be "walking".

I was disappointed in Geraldo tonight. He seemed stuck on the JO theory. He was totally different in the beginning of the case. IMO

I don't mind GR bullying a little to get the answers. I think he knows more than we think he does. He had Ron pegged from the start. I would think Joe's attorney would have denied the allegations if not true. Refusing to comment makes me think there is something to it.

I was disappointed in Geraldo tonight. He seemed stuck on the JO theory. He was totally different in the beginning of the case. IMO
I'm kind of confused too. I thought he'd be "all over" someone else.....

MOO

If he has info. we don't know about regarding sex offender charges on Joe as a minor I could see why he would be going with that theory. KWIM

:banghead: Wish we could view those juvie records!

Joe's attorney has been representing him for 3 years. That's a lot of trouble to be getting into IMO. I'll bet there's more than just the car break in charge.

I don't mind GR bullying a little to get the answers. I think he knows more than we think he does. He had Ron pegged from the start. I would think Joe's attorney would have denied the allegations if not true. Refusing to comment makes me think there is something to it.
Maybe the attorney doesn't even know? Juvenile records are sealed, as far as I know he can't talk about it one way or the other. MOO

Maybe the attorney doesn't even know? Juvenile records are sealed, as far as I know he can't talk about it one way or the other. MOO

But he was his attorney when Joe was a juvenile. Joe is 20 now. Guess he could have had a diff. attorney for those charges (if true of course). Still that's a lot of attorneys for someone who isn't even a legal adult yet.

But he was his attorney when Joe was a juvenile. Joe is 20 now. Guess he could have had a diff. attorney for those charges (if true of course). Still that's a lot of attorneys for someone who isn't even a legal adult yet.

With a gma like Hollars & a cousin like MC, maybe I'd have needed an atty too. LOL

Sirgo, JO's attorney is on & Geraldo is being very rude trying to get Sirgo to talk about JO & any sex charges as a juvenile...Sirgo says he won't discuss that then GR says "Oh, so you don't deny it".

Showing a clip of gma-Hollars from NG talking about the ways MC or JO killed HaLeigh.

GR asking Sirgo to comment on what gma says..Sirgo says nothing to comment on because gma wasn't there....says no way to confirm what gma is saying...saying JO is victim in this disappeance & he's been hurt.

GR going out to Dog the BH....asking if kidnapping perp part of inner circle.

Dog saying he thinks gma has made someone confess....says he wants to tell the kids "the first to talk the first to walk".

With all these people, saying what they are saying, I know I am on a different planet. GH us all

On the show, JO's lawyer says JO was on vacation down there in Florida with a friend. Who is this friend he'd gone down there with? I'd not heard about a friend, just relatives.

VB

On the show, JO's lawyer says JO was on vacation down there in Florida with a friend. Who is this friend he'd gone down there with? I'd not heard about a friend, just relatives.

VB

I was wondering the same thing

If he had a juvie sex charge wouldn't he still have to register as an offender?

ETA - I meant to say "a juvie sex conviction" - not just a charge. sorry!

If he had a juvie sex charge wouldn't he still have to register as an offender?

ETA - I meant to say "a juvie sex conviction" - not just a charge. sorry!

It depends on how the juvie handles their evaluation. They are monitored until adulthood and if they follow the rules, they still have to register for a limited time, but it isn't public. If they, as an adult, break the law in any way (like get busted for drugs, as an example), then they have to register pubicly and might have to register for years and years. (I know a lady who was the probation officer for juvie sex offenders in my county).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27