Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010.4.19 AH Reports yellow rope found

LoveEndsWar is offline When someone is missing it is everyones business.

2010.4.19 AH Reports yellow rope found

Snipped~

A yellow rope has been described as a possible murder weapon, possibly used to tie the five year old girl to cinder blocks and sink her body in the St. Johnís River within five miles of the trailer where Haleigh lived with her father and then girlfriend Misty Croslin.

Sources close to the case tell me investigators asked Tommy Croslinís wife, Lindsay, for permission to search the home she once shared with Croslinís parents for evidence and she agreed. Thatís where the yellow rope was found, sources tell me. Lindsay could not be reached for comment.

http://www.artharris.com/

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    On Friday, Werter denied his client had confessed details to his grandmother, but Sunday night Hollers told me she stands by her account and asked law enforcement to release a transcript of their conversation to prove it. Investigators have only released portions of audio and videotapes of jailhouse conversations they feel does not compromise what Sheriff Jeff Hardy calls a homicide.
    also from your link
    This bee my opinion

3. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Whether yellow rope was found at the house the parents lived in - or not... we really need to consider the source this story originally came from. Does ANYONE actually believe everything that MC spews? Although, I believe that some truth is woven into the story.

I believe, just like Casey Anthony, she is a compulsive liar. Once they concoct a story in their mind, they actually believe it themselves.

I do believe that MC, RC & TomC hold all of the answers to this entire case.
    I just hope once it is all revealed, that there will be justice for Haleigh!
    JMO

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to redcar1 For This Useful Post:

Was this JUST found? If it is linked to rope that killed her, I cannot understand why Tommy C would not have gotten rid of the rope before now. How many people are going to leave a murder weapon laying around for a year?
    Last edited by oceanwatch; 04-19-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to oceanwatch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanwatch View Post
    Was this JUST found? If it is linked to rope that killed her, I cannot understand why Tommy C would not have gotten rid of the rope before now. How many people are going to leave a murder weapon laying around for a year?
    I totally agree!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redcar1 For This Useful Post:

A yellow rope at the bottom of a popularly fished/recreated waterway is pretty lousy circumstantial evidence, imo. Add to that the source of the "tip"... well, thanks for your effort, Art.

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

I can't read AH. He just does not seem reliable to me. I expect lies, half-truths, exaggerations, and finger-pointing from the suspects/key players, but not from a "journalist" or whatever he considers himself.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TripleA For This Useful Post:

I'm guessing it's not the exact piece of rope he is claiming may be the murder weapon? It's not unusual for people to have yellow nylon rope in/around their homes.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    I'm guessing it's not the exact piece of rope he is claiming may be the murder weapon? It's not unusual for people to have yellow nylon rope in/around their homes.
    They said they found two cinder blocks in the river right? Could one of them have had a rope tied to it (?), then finding the rope at the home...much like matching duct tape, I would imagine the characteristics of rope could be compared and vary down to specifics much like duct tape can. Perhaps they had various lengths of the same type of rope and they will match something from the river.

Did any of this family work in construction...I guess "work" being key word here for this family...in anything that would necessitate the use of rope like that? You see it on many contractors trucks, electrical, roofers, tree trimmers, etc. (career doctor shoppers? heh.)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaNymph View Post
    They said they found two cinder blocks in the river right? Could one of them have had a rope tied to it (?), then finding the rope at the home...much like matching duct tape, I would imagine the characteristics of rope could be compared and vary down to specifics much like duct tape can. Perhaps they had various lengths of the same type of rope and they will match something from the river.

Did any of this family work in construction...I guess "work" being key word here for this family...in anything that would necessitate the use of rope like that? You see it on many contractors trucks, electrical, roofers, tree trimmers, etc. (career doctor shoppers? heh.)
    <BBM>

Yes, Hank Jr & Sr operated a dry wall business. Hank Jr hunted and perhaps fished as well.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeaNymph View Post

Almost everyone I know has nylon rope. It can be used for so many things, since it's so durable...just saying. I don't think it means much if there was rope found in their home.

I would think rope fibers could be matched up. Someone else will know here, I'm sure.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5082876&postcount=1376"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MEDIA / LINKS ONLY - No discussion[/ame]
    this was submitted and I brought it here.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Also, I think I had heard before that some family member had a four wheeler. Rope is always on hand in case they need pulled out of deep mud during four-wheeling!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redcar1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky#1 View Post
    <BBM>

Yes, Hank Jr & Sr operated a dry wall business. Hank Jr hunted and perhaps fished as well.

If they hauled drywall, I can very well see them using it, in large quantity and lengths, to tie it down in the bed of a truck...some may use bungee cords, but I have seen plenty tied down with nylon rope.

Fishing, if they set traps or nets, they certainly used it to pull the nets/traps in.

Thank you.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:

I'm undecided with the "keep the murder weapon/throw it away" debate.
    If you kept the murder weapon and/or knew where it was, then you have control. You can move it, if need be. However, if you get rid of it, then there's a chance someone will find it.

I think I'd want the control...but I don't think I have a criminal mind, so consider the source!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    I'm undecided with the "keep the murder weapon/throw it away" debate.
    If you kept the murder weapon and/or knew where it was, then you have control. You can move it, if need be. However, if you get rid of it, then there's a chance someone will find it.

I think I'd want the control...but I don't think I have a criminal mind, so consider the source!

I'm sure most people would be able to think ahead, like you said, but you have to consider the type of people LE is dealing with in this case. People who are high/doped all of the time, don't really have the ability to think past their next 'score'.
    JMO

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redcar1 For This Useful Post:

I agree.
    Maybe LE found a piece of rope in the river. The piece matched some rope, Tommy had at home?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrialAddict For This Useful Post:

If rope was used at all in the crime, I doubt the players would consider it as evidence if it was something they had in their house all the time. We see all the time where LE finds rolls od duct tape, trash bags, and other household items that are still in the home and are later matched up to evidence at crime scene. People do not like to throw away perfectly good rope, bags, tape, etc. I doubt it occurred to these folks, since everyone has yellow rope.
    I think it is highly possible rope was found in river and in the home searched, but not at all sure this means much at this point.
    Just my opinion, of course.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I don't think we can ignore Timmy at this point. Didn't all of them work with their dad in the drywall buisiness? They probably all have yellow nylon rope, and Timmy got the heck out of dodge!

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maryann123 For This Useful Post:

Just like duct tape, it is worth analyzing for unique qualities. I'm sure they are going over those bricks with microscopes looping for fibers.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tinsel For This Useful Post:

Wasn't Ron to have been working for his Aunt Katrina's tree trimming biz right around the time Haleigh disappeared? They use rope too... jmo. Oh heck, let's face it, I don't do any of those things and I have some in the trunk of my car. It's commmmmmmmon.

As far as cinder blocks and rope go-- how easy would it be, even months later, to drop this kind of evidence into a selected section of water (read: near the Croslin's home turf) to underscore the Overstreet connection, and further implicate Joe?

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    A yellow rope at the bottom of a popularly fished/recreated waterway is pretty lousy circumstantial evidence, imo. Add to that the source of the "tip"... well, thanks for your effort, Art.
    Yep....cause I just pulled a new pack of that stuff out of my cabinet the other day. My husband now has it in his car to mark some trees with at our farm for the tree spade guy to move for us. Just about everyone who ever owned a boat or needed 'waterproof' rope for any other reason probably has some of that kind of yellow rope around somewhere.

jmoo

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    I have yellow rope around here. I never even bought it and can't tell you for sure why I have it.

I'm thinking that unless there is something quite unique about it, like the duct tape in Caylee's case, this would only be "back up" evidence. And because they are in a small town and they bought it locally, probably everyone around there has the same kind of rope.

In summary, the rope may not have a lot of value evidence-wise. I hope I'm wrong. I want swift justice for Haleigh.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by redcar1 View Post
    Also, I think I had heard before that some family member had a four wheeler. Rope is always on hand in case they need pulled out of deep mud during four-wheeling!
    Yes, there have been several dozen reports of RON using and riding and possibly owning, and also reportedly STEALING a four wheeler in the past year. I would have to put all of them in the rumor category, although there may have been a picture or two posted early on in the case. It's too hard to remember right now.

jmoo

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

UGH! this case makes me wanna get sick to my stomach. I hope Haleigh was dead when they threw her in the lake. I can't imagine being eaten alive by something.

my heart bleeds for Crystal & Ron (I hope he had nothing to do with this)

Whoever did this to Haleigh is NOT human.

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast