2010.4.19 AH Reports yellow rope found

LoveEndsWar

When someone is missing it is everyones business.
Reaction score
Snipped~

A yellow rope has been described as a possible murder weapon, possibly used to tie the five year old girl to cinder blocks and sink her body in the St. John’s River within five miles of the trailer where Haleigh lived with her father and then girlfriend Misty Croslin.

Sources close to the case tell me investigators asked Tommy Croslin’s wife, Lindsay, for permission to search the home she once shared with Croslin’s parents for evidence and she agreed. That’s where the yellow rope was found, sources tell me. Lindsay could not be reached for comment.

http://www.artharris.com/

On Friday, Werter denied his client had confessed details to his grandmother, but Sunday night Hollers told me she stands by her account and asked law enforcement to release a transcript of their conversation to prove it. Investigators have only released portions of audio and videotapes of jailhouse conversations they feel does not compromise what Sheriff Jeff Hardy calls a homicide.

also from your link

Whether yellow rope was found at the house the parents lived in - or not... we really need to consider the source this story originally came from. Does ANYONE actually believe everything that MC spews? Although, I believe that some truth is woven into the story.

I believe, just like Casey Anthony, she is a compulsive liar. Once they concoct a story in their mind, they actually believe it themselves.

I do believe that MC, RC & TomC hold all of the answers to this entire case.
I just hope once it is all revealed, that there will be justice for Haleigh!
JMO

Was this JUST found? If it is linked to rope that killed her, I cannot understand why Tommy C would not have gotten rid of the rope before now. How many people are going to leave a murder weapon laying around for a year?

Was this JUST found? If it is linked to rope that killed her, I cannot understand why Tommy C would not have gotten rid of the rope before now. How many people are going to leave a murder weapon laying around for a year?

I totally agree!
:waitasec:

A yellow rope at the bottom of a popularly fished/recreated waterway is pretty lousy circumstantial evidence, imo. Add to that the source of the "tip"... well, thanks for your effort, Art.

I can't read AH. He just does not seem reliable to me. I expect lies, half-truths, exaggerations, and finger-pointing from the suspects/key players, but not from a "journalist" or whatever he considers himself.

I'm guessing it's not the exact piece of rope he is claiming may be the murder weapon? It's not unusual for people to have yellow nylon rope in/around their homes.

I'm guessing it's not the exact piece of rope he is claiming may be the murder weapon? It's not unusual for people to have yellow nylon rope in/around their homes.

They said they found two cinder blocks in the river right? Could one of them have had a rope tied to it (?), then finding the rope at the home...much like matching duct tape, I would imagine the characteristics of rope could be compared and vary down to specifics much like duct tape can. Perhaps they had various lengths of the same type of rope and they will match something from the river.

Did any of this family work in construction...I guess "work" being key word here for this family...in anything that would necessitate the use of rope like that? You see it on many contractors trucks, electrical, roofers, tree trimmers, etc. (career doctor shoppers? heh.)

They said they found two cinder blocks in the river right? Could one of them have had a rope tied to it (?), then finding the rope at the home...much like matching duct tape, I would imagine the characteristics of rope could be compared and vary down to specifics much like duct tape can. Perhaps they had various lengths of the same type of rope and they will match something from the river.

Did any of this family work in construction...I guess "work" being key word here for this family...in anything that would necessitate the use of rope like that? You see it on many contractors trucks, electrical, roofers, tree trimmers, etc. (career doctor shoppers? heh.)

<BBM>

Yes, Hank Jr & Sr operated a dry wall business. Hank Jr hunted and perhaps fished as well.

Almost everyone I know has nylon rope. It can be used for so many things, since it's so durable...just saying. I don't think it means much if there was rope found in their home.

I would think rope fibers could be matched up. Someone else will know here, I'm sure.

Also, I think I had heard before that some family member had a four wheeler. Rope is always on hand in case they need pulled out of deep mud during four-wheeling!

<BBM>

Yes, Hank Jr & Sr operated a dry wall business. Hank Jr hunted and perhaps fished as well.

If they hauled drywall, I can very well see them using it, in large quantity and lengths, to tie it down in the bed of a truck...some may use bungee cords, but I have seen plenty tied down with nylon rope.

Fishing, if they set traps or nets, they certainly used it to pull the nets/traps in.

Thank you.

I'm undecided with the "keep the murder weapon/throw it away" debate.
If you kept the murder weapon and/or knew where it was, then you have control. You can move it, if need be. However, if you get rid of it, then there's a chance someone will find it.

I think I'd want the control...but I don't think I have a criminal mind, so consider the source!

I'm undecided with the "keep the murder weapon/throw it away" debate.
If you kept the murder weapon and/or knew where it was, then you have control. You can move it, if need be. However, if you get rid of it, then there's a chance someone will find it.

I think I'd want the control...but I don't think I have a criminal mind, so consider the source!

I'm sure most people would be able to think ahead, like you said, but you have to consider the type of people LE is dealing with in this case. People who are high/doped all of the time, don't really have the ability to think past their next 'score'.
JMO

I agree.
Maybe LE found a piece of rope in the river. The piece matched some rope, Tommy had at home?

If rope was used at all in the crime, I doubt the players would consider it as evidence if it was something they had in their house all the time. We see all the time where LE finds rolls od duct tape, trash bags, and other household items that are still in the home and are later matched up to evidence at crime scene. People do not like to throw away perfectly good rope, bags, tape, etc. I doubt it occurred to these folks, since everyone has yellow rope.
I think it is highly possible rope was found in river and in the home searched, but not at all sure this means much at this point.

I don't think we can ignore Timmy at this point. Didn't all of them work with their dad in the drywall buisiness? They probably all have yellow nylon rope, and Timmy got the heck out of dodge!

Just like duct tape, it is worth analyzing for unique qualities. I'm sure they are going over those bricks with microscopes looping for fibers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back