The way a woman dresses is responsible for earthquakes in Iran.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

By SCHEHEREZADE FARAMARZI, Associated Press Writer Scheherezade Faramarzi, Associated Press Writer – 26 mins ago

BEIRUT – A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.

Iran is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric's unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader.

Women in the Islamic Republic are required by law to cover from head to toe, but many, especially the young, ignore some of the more strict codes and wear tight coats and scarves pulled back that show much of the hair.

I've seen women that have made ME quake but not the earth. :angel:

I have no clean comments for this article, save one:

"Thank you - come again."

Hehehe.

ETA: it's very possible this will only be funny to me

This stupid guy is sharing the spotlight with some other dummies. A few years ago, a fundamentalist Christian preacher blamed the destruction of New Orleans on the sinful life-style of its residents......

This stupid guy is sharing the spotlight with some other dummies. A few years ago, a fundamentalist Christian preacher blamed the destruction of New Orleans on the sinful life-style of its residents......

Don't forget about Falwell and Robertson blaming some American lifestyles for 911. :rolleyes:

Another reason to abuse and murder women over there.

For that matter, look at what the Westboro Baptist Church does.

Well, by the logic that dressing promiscuously causes natural disasters...I am very sorry for all the destruction I have caused since roughly 2000. :)

Well, by the logic that dressing promiscuously causes natural disasters...I am very sorry for all the destruction I have caused since roughly 2000. :)

Lol, I'm blaming you from now on!!

In order to render judgment on that I'd need to see pictures, for purely scientific reasons. :innocent:

Man! I've heard of shakin' your moneymaker, but not an earthquaker!

Good grief, what do they refer to when they say dressing promiscuously - showing some ankle?

I don't know about earthquakes, but I'd been known to stop traffic in my day.

So if this were true, wouldn't a place like LasVegas have been done in by now?

I am so very very thankful I was born where I was, my thoughts and prayers go to the women and young girls there who I am sure are punished in many ways for having the nerve to show a bit of their hair.

VB

Ahhh, if only I truly had that power, sigh.:crazy:

I've never managed an earthquake but they have a volcano acting up in Iceland because I bought this tight dress that totally hugs my ash.

U.S. student dares women to bust out for 'Boobquake'
By Allison Cross, Canwest News Service April 22, 2010

An Islamic cleric's suggestion that immodestly dressed women cause earthquakes has drawn thousands to join an American student's busty bid to shake up the world — by revealing cleavage.

Jen McCreight is the creator of Boobquake, an event scheduled for Monday, which has already garnered the support of more than 40,000 people on Facebook.

McCreight, a 22-year-old attending Purdue University in Indiana, is pushing women to bare their breast cleavage for a day to satirize Islamic cleric Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, who recently blamed earthquakes on immodest female clothing.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/student+dares+women+bust+Boobquake/2939336/story.html

So, did the earth rumble in your hometown on Monday? Here it didn't. I was wearing a T-shirt, a knee-length skirt and pantyhose. Maybe not enough cleavage to shake it up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back