Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Karla Homolka may get pardon

Karla Homolka may get pardon

This is disgusting. We cant let this happen.

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/754773

NO! What in the world are they thinking!
    She should be in jail til she dies,
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Oh Canada... Why?!?!?

I will have to remember to move to Canada before I go on any kind of massive killing spree... That way, as long as I play nice (aka DON'T GET CAUGHT) for a few years after my release I can get a sweet pardon & have my records sealed...

Then I will be free to move into any nice, quiet neighborhood I see fit... And none of my poor neighbors will ever have any idea what is living next door to them, until it is too late...

Does anyone else see how demented this is?!?!?!?

I really don't care how well any of them acted upon release. The FACT is that they were found GUILTY of committing the crime, in the 1st place. Let them live with it on thier records. You made the mistake, now live with the consequences of your actions...

JMOO...

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jenni979 For This Useful Post:

I think she has actually been out for a while, IIRC...this is a pardon they are talking, as though she never did anything wrong Sorry, Canadians on WS, but Canada is way too soft on crime...I never understand their sentences...or lack thereof...
    Just my opinion, of course.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Yes, this piece of garbage has been out a few years. She is rumoured to have married, had a child and moved far from Canada.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canadian4 For This Useful Post:

um, just b/c she's allowed by law to apply for a pardon doesn't mean she will get one
    and it's our own PM who's annoyed at weaknesses in the justice system, which every country has
    so please let's not start criticizing Canada in a general way or even the entire system here
    sorry but my feathers get a bit ruffled by that - I'm pretty proud of my country :P

anyway, she won't get one - the entire country would be up-in-arms and I'd be first in line (-;

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Canadians actually despise Karla...Canadians were and still are up in arms with the "deal with this devil.

I pray she doesn't get a pardon...she's a MONSTER and no matter how many times she changes her name I hope these horrific crimes follow her to the end of her days.
    Last edited by Sailor Bug; 04-19-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Well, I did say MAY get pardon and Stephen Harper reckons 99% of requests are granted. I have a feeling hers wont. I understand what you mean about defending our government as I am a little like that too LOL.

Sailor: I know - I'm Canadian (-;

Canadian: - I don't much care to defend our gov't but hey, our country ... now that's another thing entirely. I'll meet you in Ottawa and we can protest this together k? (-;

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

You're right LadyL it's Country pride I have, not Government.

And I will protest with you in Ottawa if it comes to that.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canadian4 For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Since she was convicted of manslaughter and only served 12 years will that make it easier for her to get a pardon there?
    I also feel she should have never received any kind of deal and should have spent the rest of her wretched life in prison.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

What would a pardon actually do for Karla or give to her? She has served time, already free and living her life. I'm just curious as to what the pardon actually does for her or gives her.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Is she on parole or was she released with any special circumstances? I don't remember.

I know that in the state in which I reside a pardon means that the civil rights of the individual are fully reinstated. But Karla was convicted in Canada and I don't know Canadian law. Perhaps one of our members who know it can post about that.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    Sailor: I know - I'm Canadian (-;

Canadian: - I don't much care to defend our gov't but hey, our country ... now that's another thing entirely. I'll meet you in Ottawa and we can protest this together k? (-;
    ANYTIME Lady...I'll be there right with you Friend :O)

You too Canadian4 :O)

I'll order the bristle board for signs :O)
    Last edited by Sailor Bug; 04-19-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."

Yikes! I hope that never happens. I'll be writing a letter to Mr. Harper for sure.

I wonder if she wants to apply for a pardon before her child (who would be about 3? now) gets old enough to make any connections to her heinous and despicable crimes.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to koolmum For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    What would a pardon actually do for Karla or give to her? She has served time, already free and living her life. I'm just curious as to what the pardon actually does for her or gives her.

MB
    It is the removal of a criminal record on CPIC

http://www.legalpardons.ca/FAQs.html

What is a Canadian Criminal Pardon?
    A criminal pardon allows an individual convicted of an offence to remove their record from the Canadian Police Information System (CPIC). This means that an individual’s criminal record will not show up on criminal record searches- basically ‘hiding’ your criminal record.

What are some benefits of a Pardon? Do I really need a Pardon?
    A pardon will remove and seal your information in CPIC. CPIC is the primary method for anyone seeking to obtain information about your criminal record. Once you have obtained a pardon, anyone searching CPIC will not be aware of your criminal conviction(s).
    A pardon will allow you to apply for employment without disclosing information about your criminal record. The Canadian Human Rights Act clearly prohibits an employer from rejecting you as an applicant if you have received a pardon. The Criminal Records Act prohibits employers to question applicants about pardoned conviction. Whether you are applying to a Crown corporation, the Military, or any other business, you are protected from disclosing your pardoned conviction and are protected from discrimination.
    Aside from negatively impacting employment prospects, if you do not get a criminal pardon it will also have detrimental effects on your ability to:

- get bonded;
    - obtain custody of your children;
    - rent an apartment;
    - travel to foreign countries;
    - your education;
    - your immigration status; and
    - volunteer.
    Lastly, a criminal pardon removes the stigma associated with your criminal past and will give you the peace of mind to stop worrying about your record. This will essentially give you a second chance and the opportunity to move on with your life.
    Last edited by Sailor Bug; 04-19-2010 at 11:39 PM.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

I can't even begin to believe anyone could consider pardoning Karla. I'm too sick to post about this. I have followed her story since the start. She didn't even deserve a plea. She and Paul made the perfect couple. This can't be so. I doubt they will give her a pardon.
    Canada is too soft on crime and needs to enact new laws.

Gozgals

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gozgals For This Useful Post:

Whether she is pardoned or not the discussion is just another kick in the teeth for the victims families. I am sorry I added to that by starting the thread, but I had to say something.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Canadian4 For This Useful Post:

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Pardoned or not, she will always be Karla Homolka. The world knows what she did and she can never be anyone but who she is. A sick, twisted killer who fed her psycho husband's warped blood lust.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:

Exclamation

If you haven't already, check out this incredible (and incredibly detailed) website: http://watchingkarlahomolka.yuku.com. It is some fascinating reading; I agree with all of you WSers who think KH does NOT deserve a pardon- good Lord!!!- she should in fact still be in prison, but lucky for her, she's from Canada, where apparently participating in the kidnappings/rapes/torture and MURDERS of innocent teen girls is, eventually, "no biggie" (!!!)... And let's not forget that her victims included her BABY SISTER!!! Pure evil, Miss Homolka, plain and simple.
    George Eliot: "We constantly ask for God's mercy while showing none ourselves..."

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to annmarie62 For This Useful Post:

Like France who refuses to return our murders to us because we have the death penalty... They deserve our trash if that's their view - to let a murderer live a long fulfilling life while the victim's families suffer back here in the US....

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    A pardon? Like it was OK what she did? Hmmm...like it was justified?

Good luck-if it happens then it is clear she knows where there are skeletons in the decisionmakers closets...jmo.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    O/T any recent pictures of her with all of the new media???
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

39. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

In England they often even provide a new identity so the paroled can live in peace...even if the victims' familes never can...not sure about Canada...she may have a new name?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Her new name is Leanne Teale, and in the link below, there's a photo (from '07) of her and her baby boy.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...olka-with-baby

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eachandevery For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast