723 users online (107 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What if the new Judge Perry issues a gag order?

Is this possible now that all the dirt has already been released? What do you think this would mean for the defense?
    Last edited by sassy_texasbelle2; 04-19-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy_texasbelle2 View Post
    a gag order in this case. Is this possible now that all the dirt has already been released?
    If the state files another motion with the court for a gag order this judge may grant it. The state must show just cause for the motion.

a gag order in this case. Is this possible now that all the dirt has already been released? What do you think this would mean for the defense?
    It would mean they cannot not talk about the case. JB would need to learn the sentence "no comment".

a gag order in this case. Is this possible now that all the dirt has already been released? What do you think this would mean for the defense?
    If this happens we are all going to need an intervention
    Justice For Caylee Marie

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I think the worst part of a new judge is that the defense will retry all their old crap over again to see if it flies and it is gonna take f o r e v e r

JB will lose interest in this case.

Dignity4Victims is offline "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers" - Judge Strickland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    JB will lose interest in this case.
    You mean he already hasn't?
    Casey says, “the b!tch knows what it feels like now,” referring to her mother, Cindy.

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    I will praise GOD if JP does issue a gag order. I would love to see the defense shut their pie hole for once. Silence is golden.
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

Wait, didn't the defense WIN that motion (because they argued there should be NO gag order)? In that case, they can't ask for reconsideration. Although they could ask for a gag order due to changed circumstances, if they can think of any.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

So, the judge cannot just issue one to shut them UP?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13067 View Post
    It would mean they cannot not talk about the case. JB would need to learn the sentence "no comment".
    I honestly don't think that's possible. I think JB would explode if he had to remain quiet.

And dangit, AZlawyer is right, which brings up my next question. Does this mean the prosecution can bring back motions as well, like the gag order?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    I honestly don't think that's possible. I think JB would explode if he had to remain quiet.

And dangit, AZlawyer is right, which brings up my next question. Does this mean the prosecution can bring back motions as well, like the gag order?
    I don't think so. The point of the reconsideration rule is for the party who alleged "bias" (the defense) to get a chance to have an "unbiased" judge review the motions.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

Just to let eveyone know this judge is not in favor of camera's in the court room.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13067 View Post
    Just to let eveyone know this judge is not in favor of camera's in the court room.
    UT OH
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

The link for how Judge P. feels about camera's in the court room: Orlando Sentinal Archives

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast