What if the new Judge Perry issues a gag order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassy_texasbelle2

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit
Reaction score
Is this possible now that all the dirt has already been released? What do you think this would mean for the defense?

a gag order in this case. Is this possible now that all the dirt has already been released?

If the state files another motion with the court for a gag order this judge may grant it. The state must show just cause for the motion.

a gag order in this case. Is this possible now that all the dirt has already been released? What do you think this would mean for the defense?

It would mean they cannot not talk about the case. JB would need to learn the sentence "no comment".

I think the worst part of a new judge is that the defense will retry all their old crap over again to see if it flies and it is gonna take f o r e v e r

I will praise GOD if JP does issue a gag order. I would love to see the defense shut their pie hole for once. Silence is golden.

Wait, didn't the defense WIN that motion (because they argued there should be NO gag order)? In that case, they can't ask for reconsideration. Although they could ask for a gag order due to changed circumstances, if they can think of any.

It would mean they cannot not talk about the case. JB would need to learn the sentence "no comment".

I honestly don't think that's possible. I think JB would explode if he had to remain quiet.

And dangit, AZlawyer is right, which brings up my next question. Does this mean the prosecution can bring back motions as well, like the gag order?

I honestly don't think that's possible. I think JB would explode if he had to remain quiet.

And dangit, AZlawyer is right, which brings up my next question. Does this mean the prosecution can bring back motions as well, like the gag order?

I don't think so. The point of the reconsideration rule is for the party who alleged "bias" (the defense) to get a chance to have an "unbiased" judge review the motions.

Just to let eveyone know this judge is not in favor of camera's in the court room.

The link for how Judge P. feels about camera's in the court room: Orlando Sentinal Archives

If this happens we are all going to need an intervention:eek:

Not really. I think it would mean that the players cannot talk directly to the media. So no interviews. No press conferences, no editorializing or blogging. A gag order wouldn't effect official channel information that is required by law. So court hearings, official filings and Sunshine Law document dumps would be unaffected, unless the judge went to the further step of sealing such things.

And aside from amusement purposes and getting to pick onthem some more do we actually ever get anything useful out of the assorted defense media storms?

Wait, didn't the defense WIN that motion (because they argued there should be NO gag order)? In that case, they can't ask for reconsideration. Although they could ask for a gag order due to changed circumstances, if they can think of any.

Wouldn't a change of circumstances be a new judge? Just asking.

Not really. I think it would mean that the players cannot talk directly to the media. So no interviews. No press conferences, no editorializing or blogging. A gag order wouldn't effect official channel information that is required by law. So court hearings, official filings and Sunshine Law document dumps would be unaffected, unless the judge went to the further step of sealing such things.

And aside from amusement purposes and getting to pick onthem some more do we actually ever get anything useful out of the assorted defense media storms?

Would this mean for the Anthony family too? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member