1061 users online (225 members and 836 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: RDI: Whats the problem?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cross-fingerpointing defense trick.

    0 0%
  • Money rules.

    4 16.00%
  • Friends in high places.

    1 4.00%
  • Not enough evidence.

    3 12.00%
  • Investigation was botched.

    13 52.00%
  • Experts unwilling to testify.

    0 0%
  • General incompetence.

    4 16.00%

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299

    RDI: What's the problem?

    Those of you who believe PR and/or JR did it, what is the single biggest problem in your case?

    1. Cross-fingerpointing defense makes prosecution futile.
    2. Money rules over justice. High-powered attorneys protected them.
    3. Friends in high places. They 'knew people'.
    4. There is not enough evidence to convince a grand jury.
    5. Investigation was botched at the beginning.
    6. Experts not willing to testify their beliefs.
    7. Incompetence at all levels.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    Those of you who believe PR and/or JR did it, what is the single biggest problem in your case?

    1. Cross-fingerpointing defense makes prosecution futile.
    2. Money rules over justice. High-powered attorneys protected them.
    3. Friends in high places. They 'knew people'.
    4. There is not enough evidence to convince a grand jury.
    5. Investigation was botched at the beginning.
    6. Experts not willing to testify their beliefs.
    7. Incompetence at all levels.
    HOTYH you forgot

    8. All of the above.

    ROFLOL

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Voted the same,investigation was botched....but I also would have voted incompetence and there is not enough evidence to convince a grand jury.
    The rice is already cooked...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    HOTYH you forgot

    8. All of the above.

    ROFLOL
    That is EXACTLY what I was going to say! But I'm afraid I don't understand just why that is so funny.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 04-20-2010 at 11:23 AM.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Nothing about this child's murder and botched investigation is anything to roll on the floor laughing about.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    HOTYH you forgot

    8. All of the above.

    ROFLOL
    I knew if I did that everyone would choose 8. Am I wrong? LOL

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Nothing about this child's murder and botched investigation is anything to roll on the floor laughing about.
    It's not the case, but the "sleuths" that amuse.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    I knew if I did that everyone would choose 8. Am I wrong? LOL
    Exactly, but they will probably want to add a few more as well!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    It's not the case, but the "sleuths" that amuse.
    I'll ask again: just why is that?
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    I knew if I did that everyone would choose 8. Am I wrong? LOL
    I don't know whether you're wrong or not, but I still don't understand what's so funny about it.

    Moreover, I'm at a loss to figure out why you bothered to create this poll in the first place, HOTYH. Considering that you made one for each side, at first I thought that maybe, just maybe you were legitimate. But now I sense that you were just out to make sport of us. And that's a damn shame, because in my opinion, you'd do well to consider some of those answers.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 04-21-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    Exactly, but they will probably want to add a few more as well!
    No, HOTYH pretty much covered all of the bases.

    Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way. As a sign of good faith, I'll play the game on its face.

    Okay, I still say "all of the above" (and STRONGLY urge people to consider it), but even then, it's a mix. By that I mean that not all of the reasons are equally strong. So, I suppose if I had to say which one stood out among all of the others, I would have to say #7 with #2 a close second.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    I'd say "all of the above" too. There was just so much that went wrong with solving this case.

    And I still don't see what is so amusing about amateur sleuthing. It is still about a child's murder. If you think our theories are funny, that's pretty sick in itself. They are THEORIES. And one of them (could even be IDI, too) is right.

    There are lots of funnier sites on the Web.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I don't know whether you're wrong or not, but I still don't understand what's so funny about it.

    Moreover, I'm at a loss to figure out why you bothered to create this poll in the first place, HOTYH. Considering that you made one for each side, at first I thought that maybe, just maybe you were legitimate. But now I sense that you were just out to make sport of us. And that's a damn shame, because in my opinion, you'd do well to consider some of those answers.
    Believing in, say, four items is ridiculous. Seven is sublime. Consider all the people, real professional people, indicted by your beliefs.

    Not to mention PR and JR who had nothing to do with their daughter's death.

    You're the one going on and on about multiple problems, while I was looking for what people think is the single biggest problem so that could be looked at in its own light. You know, what is RDI's biggest problem and what is IDI's biggest problem.

    It was specific.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 04-22-2010 at 10:14 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    Believing in, say, four items is ridiculous. Seven is sublime.
    So I was right? Talk plain, HOTYH: what was the purpose for creating this thread to begin with?

    Consider all the people, real professional people, indicted by your beliefs.
    Me? Consider all of the real professional people indicted by YOUR beliefs, HOTYH. I can think of several times where you've done exactly that, usually with some snide comment about "the bigger they are."

    Not to mention PR and JR who had nothing to do with their daughter's death.
    Now THAT's laughable. Or it would be, if not for the terrible implications for our system of justice. And we WILL talk about that someday.

    You're the one going on and on about multiple problems, while I was looking for what people think is the single biggest problem so that could be looked at in its own light. You know, what is RDI's biggest problem and what is IDI's biggest problem.

    It was specific.
    Fair enough, HOTYH. At least for now, I will proceed on the assumption that you are acting in good faith. So, I suppose the least I can do is return the favor:

    #2. As the old saying goes, you get the justice you pay for.

    BUT, I must say this. I think it's terrific that you would ask these questions, HOTYH. But you seem to leave out the big question: what do we do about it? More specifically, how do we prevent it from happening again? Because that's what I'm all about.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    So I was right? Talk plain, HOTYH: what was the purpose for creating this thread to begin with?



    Me? Consider all of the real professional people indicted by YOUR beliefs, HOTYH. I can think of several times where you've done exactly that, usually with some snide comment about "the bigger they are."



    Now THAT's laughable. Or it would be, if not for the terrible implications for our system of justice. And we WILL talk about that someday.



    Fair enough, HOTYH. At least for now, I will proceed on the assumption that you are acting in good faith. So, I suppose the least I can do is return the favor:

    #2. As the old saying goes, you get the justice you pay for.

    BUT, I must say this. I think it's terrific that you would ask these questions, HOTYH. But you seem to leave out the big question: what do we do about it? More specifically, how do we prevent it from happening again? Because that's what I'm all about.
    What do we do about what? Paying for justice? Child murders by foreign faction members? Figuring out who killed JBR? What??
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 04-24-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Anybody have this problem?
    By SewingDeb in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 06:24 PM